Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:25 AM       
I've found my Scout's only gotten better. I contribute it to HATS.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:35 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Did you think to tell him "this is the sapper, it kills sentries"?
No, I said "WHY WOULD YOU I DON'T EVEN"
Snipers are hard to coach because it's like...yea, shoot that guy.

The new players didn't piss me off till I had one asshole begging for shit. I mean, if you want it that bad, do the achievements or pay two fucking dollars.

My scout's pretty awesome; I mostly use him to haze people and don't get too caught up in kills, and always keep an escape plan. He's second played. The new shotgun is fucking awesome. The pistol less so. And the bat certainly opens up a lot of options, like leaping over people or making crazy escapes.

Really didn't like the spy's new stuff. I've mainly been rolling Saharan because it's really easy to string together 5 kills or clear out an engie base. Also, I swear half the assholes on there don't know about crouch jumping. Makes hiding so fucking easy.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 02:42 AM       
I've decided that the Brass Beast is my favorite weapon, so I'm gonna get a Name Tag and call her Lady Ada Lovelace. :>
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 03:14 AM       
Scouts are my worst class; I can never get their style down, and good scouts are impossible for me to hit.
I've been getting some nice streaks with the Eternal Reward, though, and I make a decent enough Soldier. It's a fucking rush when you use the buff banner on your team, and a medic Ubers you, right when you make the final push into a fortified area in Payload.
EDIT: I also just made a new Steam account and got TF2 on it. I bought two keys, and BAM, $5 TF2 account. Now I can just trade those keys over to my main account, along with the extra drops I'll get now.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 03:32 PM       
If you guys are real men you play ScoRes Demo all day every day.

And vanilla spy. Dead Ringers are for chumps.
Mocker

Shyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's armyShyandquietguy has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 03:57 PM       
Ever since I've gotten the Fan O' War I have literally become Gauntlet's Grim Reaper. Usually going after medics and heavies.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 26th, 2011, 05:36 PM       
Well, forgot to leave the download running so that's why I didn't show haha. Lemme know about the next one.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 01:04 AM       

After an hour of rendering and another hour and a half of uploading, I've tested out how fast it is to get footage from the game onto Youtube using an alright Scout run.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jun 27th, 2011, 05:34 PM       
Turns out I don't even have a video card capable of rendering it. I forgot I have a skeleton desktop.
has a woody
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:40 AM       

There were a lot of pyros by the end of that match. Had to switch to medic for a few minutes because everyone was ruining my fun

Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 01:11 PM       
I like the Quick Fix, but since I tend to pocket-medic with my friend, I don't use it much. It's good if you're going to spend the match healing everyone on your team at once, but not being able to uber a soldier or heavy is a big tradeoff.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 04:01 PM       
Also, at first I didn't mind the rush of free players, but after five or six matches with an average of three more snipers or spies than my teams needed, it's getting a little old.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 01:04 AM       
Think I'll play the medic.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:13 AM       
holy shit i got the analog stick on my g13 to work with TF2 with actual analog motion

by default, some retard at valve has the stick set to move forward/backward and turn, like you're playing sonic adventure or something. you have to open up the tf2/cfg/config.cfg file and change the following values:

joy_advanced "1"
joy_advaxisx "3"
joy_advaxisy "1"

i could not find a guide ANYWHERE ON THE INTERNET that would reveal how to do that to me, so i spent about an hour fucking around with the config file's values until i found the magical combo to make it work. advanced 1 lets you change the axes, axisx 3 makes left and right strafe, axisy 1 makes up and down move forward and back like usual. if you already have TF2 booted, you have to type "exec config.cfg" into the console to make it work. hopefully this page will show up on google searches about this because fuck that was irritating to figure out. valve you are usually pretty bright about this shit, why the momentary lapse of retardation? btw i really recommend the g13 and it's a relatively inexpensive piece of equipment.

now i can do hilarious things like creep VERY SLOWLY as the scout. it looks especially funny in the surrender animation.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:22 AM       
Is it too hard to get back into this game with all the new shit floating around?

I feel like one alternate set of class weapons and maybe three hats for all of them would have cut it. Now I'm just confused.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:23 AM       
part of the charm is wading into a sea of hats and bizarre weaponry
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 03:27 AM       
I like it more now than a month ago. It feels like there's enough stuff that there's actual variety in the game. Before, I thought it was kinda constricting.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 04:16 AM       
The weapons add a huge new level to gameplay. It's kind of nice to find a random weapon, and to be able to switch around weapons and changing your playstyle on the fly.
Hats, however, are fucking confusing, since there is a whole economy for them.
I just got four Summer keys; one of which to open a crate, which I got the motorcycle cop helmet, and I figure I can sell the other three. If i can't, big whoop; I get three keys in return.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I've decided that the Brass Beast is my favorite weapon, so I'm gonna get a Name Tag and call her Lady Ada Lovelace. :>
'Twas writ and thusly came into being:

I had a fiver on me, so I slapped it into my account, sent it to my wallet and bought a Summer Key for a chest I had. I got a mailbox that the Pyro can smack people with! And the Name Tag is on sale, too, so wicked.
has a woody
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 11:09 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
part of the charm is wading into a sea of hats and bizarre weaponry
I think the new shit actually takes away from the charm. Remember when TF2 looked like a cool, violent, Incredibles? Remember when people weren't running around with all sorts of LOLWACKY shit? Why does the Demoman have an arabian update? He's SCOTTISH. Why does the Heavy have a native american weapon set? He's RUSSIAN.

Comic related (nsfw)
alternatively:

New weapons are cool, and I'm totally for sidegrades and shit, and they started off great, but then they went off the deep end.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Jul 2nd, 2011 at 01:31 PM.
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 12:26 PM       
I think you're looking too deep into TF2. It's pretty much run on rule of cool/funny.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM       
http://www.tf2items.com/id/raggamofyn

Anyone want to trade?
was never good
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 08:46 PM       
kinda interested in the shortstop

http://www.tf2items.com/id/mrpayback

i want to find the scout's newer items especially
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:09 PM       
How does one obtain all these things for free and without effort?
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Jul 2nd, 2011, 09:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
How does one obtain all these things for free and without effort?
Go onto an idle server before you go to bed/work, and hope for decent drops. Or, get into the world of trading, which isn't too much work once you get used to the economy.
http://tf2b.com/?id=76561198035341860
Hit me up for trading.