Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 21st, 2006, 10:48 PM        My Xbox 360 is broken
I just got the rediculously overpriced wireless network doohicky for it, and bought a year of xbox live, started playing games. But after turning it on its side (the side it was supposed to be turned on) to see what the serial number was on the back, I heard some fucked up noises coming from the drive. Then everything froze. I took out my game, and the hole ring in the center looked a little warped on one side, and there was a steam trail on the disk. I put it back in after the system was set back down, and then I heard the fucked up crunching sound again. Took out the game, put in something else, nope, nothing works.

I've spent a total of $670 plus tax (I'm including the price of games) so far, and now its fucking broken. Right when I was able to update my game and play online.

Does anyone know why in the fuck it won't read anything at all?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:18 AM       
I can spend $400, no tax on a 360. But that doesn't help your situation much.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 12:37 AM       
be like arrowx smash it to smithereens
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 05:25 AM       
Was the 360 turned on when you turned it from vertical to horizontal? I know that turning most devices from horizontal to vertical or vice versa with high-speed reading/seeking may scratch disks, but I've never heard of the hardware itself failing.

Well, I found a link to protect against it from happening in the first place, but since it already happened, you may want to check out your laser
http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/news/X...-Scratched.htm
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 22nd, 2006, 08:30 PM       
The disk wasn't scratched at all. and it seems that the disk is still perfectly playable in other 360's. No clanking noises at all.

I think what happened was that my father left it on all day, and the heat yesterday was up to 106, making the box so hot I had to recoil my hand when I touched it at first; so I think one of the tiny plastic gears in there got a little soft, and when I turned my xbox the weight shift had it bend a weird way and now it just doesn't move or align right. Anyway, I'm going to just see how much it costs to fix and run it up to redmond, or where ever they fix them if they don't fix it at microsoft.