Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

felix_tibs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 07:19 PM        The Quest
I am a big fan of crappy martial arts movies from America. Jean Claude Van Dam is one of the stars from this genre and made some great movies. Bloodsport still to this day will have me jump kicking my wall. HAveing never seen the quest, i sat down and watched it today.

After about 1 hour of just shitty movie, we finally get to the fight scenes!!! YEs...OMG HERE COMES THE ACTION!??! Clearly choreographed by Van Damme himself, the fights are as usual a bunch of spinning kicks and slo motion scream shots. The slo mo is so over used in this movie you will get motion sickness. I wanted to see the Capoeirista fight since that is what I train. Of course, the capoeira guys get his ass kicked and makes the art form look shitty...

SInce this movie was written and directed by Van Damme, it was almost unbearably bad. If they would have just made an hour and half of fantasy fighting from around the world the movie would have been fine. another shitty thing was the lack of uniqueness in fighting styles. Scotland, Africa, Turkey all had basic TAe Kwon Do shit they just used differenta ccents while doing it! Jean Claude Van Damme is a sucker, end of post.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 07:31 PM       
i bet you love steven "i enjoy being knocked out in sleeper holds by my stuntmen"segal too
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 07:37 PM       
I like steven segal for that movie where he crams 8-guage shells into an M16 and it works