Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 02:00 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM       
I'm so used to highly-caffeinated coffee that decaf just tasted weird.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 02:08 PM       
I'm a no sugar no cream straight black coffee drinker, so I taste what most people cover up.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 02:44 PM       
I don't drink coffee because its taste reminds me of every single awful thing I've ever ingested.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 03:04 PM       
having caffeine every day seriously fucks with my ability to get anything useful done it's ok once in a while but only recreationally for me
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 03:15 PM       
I can't stand hot coffee. I only drink mine cold,with just a little bit of cream.
beautiful freak
Aimless is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 03:15 PM       
I"ve had 8 kidney stones, I have one on it's way out now... I never catch them and I don't have insurance so I'll probably have a few more after this one :/
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 03:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I'm so used to highly-caffeinated coffee that decaf just tasted weird.
I work for a company that routinely gives out free coffee - the roasted bean variety - from a number of very high-end coffee roasters. I have therefore developed a refined taste for coffee. Having said this, your comment comes as no surprise. Coffee without caffeine doesn't just taste weird; in my world, that stuff is just plain HORRID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I'm a no sugar no cream straight black coffee drinker, so I taste what most people cover up.
You are a man after my own heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I don't drink coffee because its taste reminds me of every single awful thing I've ever ingested.
And here I was beginning to like you ....
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM       
Someone told me that what they do to a coffee bean to remove the caffeine is really disgusting, as in you wouldn't want the chemicals they use in your system. I forget what it was as he is also a nut job.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 04:08 PM       
I have a national geographic article about it but it's boxed up somewhere.

I remember the piles of caffeine that were removed as being some sort of awful wet gray powder.

Well, this was an isolated incident because I was craving the taste of coffee. I'm definitely not making a habit of drinking decaf. When I'm not pregnant, I find that the bold roast starbucks + excedrin works way better on my degenerating chunks of spine than any of the expensive painkiller scripts.
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 04:34 PM       
I've seen that article! It's more like a horrifying waxy sludge.

Bought a holder for mosquito coils that's shaped like a pig at the Asian grocery today.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 04:43 PM       
Coffee is nasty shit.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 04:47 PM       
sometimes literally
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM       
Have I posted this yet?

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 05:09 PM       
One of these things is not like the other.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 06:03 PM       
its gotta be bottom left because it has the only invertebrate in it ^^
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM       
YIFF YIFF YIFF
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 06:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
its gotta be bottom left because it has the only invertebrate in it ^^
Bottom right, 'cause it's the only one without a human in it.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 06:39 PM       
But the invertebrate is the only one to get a caress in the bargain.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 07:18 PM       
I recently stopped drinking coffee, which I had black, unsweetened. I now fall asleep throughout the day.
Quote:
I don't know. It was my best approximation of the sort of self-satisfied chuckle these people might muster.
I understand. Thank you for your reply.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Someone told me that what they do to a coffee bean to remove the caffeine is really disgusting, as in you wouldn't want the chemicals they use in your system. I forget what it was as he is also a nut job.
Actually, there are two commonly used processes. One is the Swiss water process, which uses only a few mostly benign chemicals. You can usually only claim 97% caffeine-free coffee with this process (though I've seen claims above 99%, so I may be hedging a bit here), so this isn't for people with an intolerance to the substance. To "completely" decaffeinate coffee, methylene chloride or ethyl acetate are generally solvents of choice.

You may not have wanted to know this, but if you don't drink decaf, then you're pretty much OK.

Quote:
I remember the piles of caffeine that were removed as being some sort of awful wet gray powder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto View Post
I've seen that article! It's more like a horrifying waxy sludge.
You're both right. But that's what caffeine looks like, in impure form, like it would right after the decaffeination process. In pure form, it's a white powder. I believe the caffeine obtained in this process is purified and resold to soda manufacturers like Coca Cola, Pepsi and RC. But that may just be a rumor.
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:11 PM       
I swear I've seen that article that Kitsa talked about, but I can't remember what magazine it was. I think it was National Geographic because I read it in my shrink's office and it's one of the only magazines that he puts in the waiting room.

I think it did say that they sell it to soda companies after it's been purified.
teacup of sunshine
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:15 PM       
So basically I'm not doing my baby any favors by going decaf.

it is National Geographic. The cover has a cup of coffee with a heart drawn in the foam. I can't remember the date because, as I said, it's boxed up.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:18 PM       
Quote:
So basically I'm not doing my baby any favors by going decaf.
Yep. If you want to quit the caffeine, try seltzer. Or herbal tea. Or Postum(tm)
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 7th, 2009, 09:20 PM       
I think she just wanted to taste the bean.