Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I like gherkin sweet pickles. I used to eat those 10 at a time as a kid.
I bet you did.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 12:26 PM       
You son of a bitch! That better not be a snide ribbing about cock gobbling.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 11:49 AM       
Pickle check! It's been 3 days.

When I opened the jar, I was surprised and a little alarmed to see that much of the red pigment was gone from the liquid. Then I thought, well, no shit Kitsa, it's in the pickle skins. I guess it just absorbed faster than I thought it would.

The pickle is definitely red. The darker the original, the more turdlike the revision. I fished out a medium-dark one so you could see. There are really bright ones and really dark ones. I was impressed with the deep red color.

Let's bisect it and see how deep the pigment runs.

Surprisingly deep, really, given that it's only been three days. I had the idea originally that the pickles would be red all the way through and it could probably happen, but there's so little pigment left in the pickle brine I'm not sure exactly how. Maybe it's super-concentrated and seeps through gradually, dunno. Will have to keep an eye on it.

I also sliced it and did a taste test. It was surprising...if you could imagine an exact hybrid between sweet pickle and cherry kool-aid, this would be it. It wasn't completely unpleasant, anyway. If it were a dill pickle to start out, it probably would have been disgusting. But it was already sweet and a little tangy, so the cherry flavor wasn't completely out of place.

I'm not sure what the point is of soaking it for two whole weeks, as the flavor was fairly intense and the color took so quickly. I think I'm going to check it again in a few days and see what the rate of progress is.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:09 PM       
Kitsa - Pickle Princess.
You may already be there.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:26 PM       
Yes, yes, but can you sell them?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:36 PM       
Zhukov! I thought you were a good communist. Why sell them when I can teach you how to make them, comrade?
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:38 PM       
I help those that help themselves.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:47 PM       
Then you can sell them.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 02:07 PM       
Forgot to mention that I also brought home another jar of pickles, and two more colors of kool-aid (berry blue and grape), but upon closer inspection I seem to have grabbed the wrong jar. All of the pickles in this jar are of the "mini-gherkin" variety and very dark, so I don't think they'll take as well.

Edit: fuck it

in the fridge they go.

I think the blue will take really well. I don't know about the grape. It's very dark and sinister-looking and has scuzzies on the top that don't stir away.

Last edited by Kitsa : Jul 28th, 2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: added shit
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 06:33 PM       
I think I'll be hard pressed to find pickles or Kool-Aid anyway.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 06:50 PM       
You should have told me. I would gladly have sent you kool-aid.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 02:25 PM       
If this is anything like pickle surprise, count me in.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 02:44 PM       
make it purple, let me chop it in half to reveal a red interior, and we'll talk.
Forum Virgin
Boondocksaintbro is probably a spambot
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 02:59 PM       
what is this website about
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 03:06 PM       
hate crimes
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Pickle check! It's been 3 days.

When I opened the jar, I was surprised and a little alarmed to see that much of the red pigment was gone from the liquid. Then I thought, well, no shit Kitsa, it's in the pickle skins. I guess it just absorbed faster than I thought it would.

The pickle is definitely red. The darker the original, the more turdlike the revision. I fished out a medium-dark one so you could see. There are really bright ones and really dark ones. I was impressed with the deep red color.

Let's bisect it and see how deep the pigment runs.

Surprisingly deep, really, given that it's only been three days. I had the idea originally that the pickles would be red all the way through and it could probably happen, but there's so little pigment left in the pickle brine I'm not sure exactly how. Maybe it's super-concentrated and seeps through gradually, dunno. Will have to keep an eye on it.

I also sliced it and did a taste test. It was surprising...if you could imagine an exact hybrid between sweet pickle and cherry kool-aid, this would be it. It wasn't completely unpleasant, anyway. If it were a dill pickle to start out, it probably would have been disgusting. But it was already sweet and a little tangy, so the cherry flavor wasn't completely out of place.

I'm not sure what the point is of soaking it for two whole weeks, as the flavor was fairly intense and the color took so quickly. I think I'm going to check it again in a few days and see what the rate of progress is.
I was looking at this thread on my iPhone, and everything was really small, and I seriously thought you took a picture of a dump you took, and then you pulled one out and put it on a napkin

I was disappointed when I realized that they were pickles

Anyways, they look kind of tasty, my I suggest perhaps perforating the pickles first? Maybe with a fork or toothpick? Could speed up the tastiness process.

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaintbro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
hate crimes
And stalkers. And stop motion animation.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 04:22 PM       
Well, I know it's only been a day but curiosity got the better of me. I decided to check on the progress of my Berry Blue and Grape pickles.

Not looking good.

The berry blue:

sort of a really, really, really deep teal when you combine it with the green the pickle was already. It was so dark you could just barely tell that it was blue, at first glance.

Here's the cross section:

You can see that barely any blue has made it past the skin. I sliced off a bit for a taste, and it can best be described as "fruit punch and bile". I'll leave them soaking and hope something magical happens in the next couple of days.

The grape was even worse:

It came out of the kool-aid/brine mixture black as ink, and the brine had changed from purple to raisin-brown. The smell was horrendous.

The cross section was much the same as the blue one, not a lot of penetration there. In this case, that's probably not a bad thing. I made myself try a slice, and that's a flavor I'd be happy to never experience again. Think "grape jolly rancher dipped in salted puke" and you'd come close. Truly, truly vile. A good thing to make someone eat on a dare.

I don't know why the cherry ones are working and the others aren't, but I have a feeling it has something to do with the warm flavor working better with the brining spices. Grape and blue raspberry have strong personalities, and apparently they don't play well with others.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 05:38 PM       
Those grape ones are pretty gross looking. It looks like they're getting slowly rotted.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 06:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocksaintbro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
hate crimes
We would have also accepted any of the following answers:

1) about 2 hours long

2) the benjamins

3) about 200 lbs on average
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM       
I liked that they really soak the colors well on the surface though, not the ones they were intended to though, but still good looking results
The Nun Eater is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 05:09 AM       
They don't sound too tasty, but they look really neat. That red one is like a "blood pickle". Might could use it for a Halloween decoration or something. Teal one has badass color, just wish it would of soaked deeper. Interesting project though, cool stuff.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 01:09 PM       
WOULD HAVE WOULD HAVE WOULD HAVE WOULD HAVE
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2011, 02:25 PM       
They were edible until I saw what purple pickles looked like. THEY LOOK LIKE POO.

You should try poking holes with a pointy thing then boiling them in kool aid and see if that makes the inside the same color also. I'd do it but people wouldn't appreciate strange experiments involving kool-aid or pickles. D:
teacup of sunshine
Old Jul 31st, 2011, 03:46 PM       
Ok, as far as the Berry Blue and Grape varieties are concerned, I decided at the check today that I was concluding the experiment. They're already pretty gross and I think more time would just intensify that.

They seem to have taken the food coloring much better and faster than the cherry ones did, I'll give them that. We've got 100% saturation in about a third of the time.

As far as the taste is concerned, the Berry Blue tasted almost exactly like the blue Cry Baby or Tear Jerker candy. Not horrible, very sour with a fruit aftertaste, not something I'd race to try again.

The Grape brine was somewhat purple, I guess because the majority of the color soaked into the pickles. They were all inky-black. The taste? Well, the taste was pretty freaking horrible. It was definitely more grape-y than the last time I tried some. It was a strong grape taste, but with a bad salty-sour aftertaste. Like you ate something grape and had a vomit-burp, that's what this was like. I took two bites, but I couldn't finish a whole pickle.

The cherry pickle brine had faded a great deal, so I assumed the pickles had absorbed even more:

I got a half Pram Maven of pickles out and lined them up. Note variations in color, pickles that stuck out above the brine level.

I was sure that these would be red all the way through, too, but when I cut them open I was surprised to see that the red still hadn't penetrated too far.

They were good, though. Sweet-and-sour, just like I thought they'd be. I ate two of them with no problem.

Strangely enough, all of the "kool aid pickles" or "koolickles" or whatever they show up as in the news are red. So maybe I'm not the only one who learned the hard way.