Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:40 PM       
FRESH PAIR OF JEANS NIGGA, BUTTON UPS
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:45 PM       
last night i was hanging out with my friend (who is black, this will be important later) and her hot spanish friend. we got to my dorm at 3 and smoked a joint and looked through the pictures on my iPhone.

literally every single picture of a black person in my phone is something ridiculous or offensive. i have the "YOU GONNA GET RAPED" pic on my phone for some reason, Al Roker eating a hot dog with a big stupid look on his face, Lil Wayne kissing Birdman, a book I found at the library called "Back Stars In Orbit" about black astronauts, a clearly stoned black dude with dreadlocks dressed up like santa and a few others

it was kind of embarrassing and i realized that i'm a terrible person
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 01:56 PM       
You should replace them with women laughing alone with salad.

http://thehairpin.com/2011/01/women-...one-with-salad
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 02:13 PM       
I think it's time we all talked about the last time we got drunk, and the braws we got drunk with, and who we'd like to bang and in what orifice.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 02:45 PM       
haha yeah
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 03:07 PM       
If women with salad aren't your thing, try the alternative, Men Laughing Alone With Fruit Salad

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/men-l...th-fruit-salad
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 03:08 PM       
That's not a pickle.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 04:44 PM       
I have a picture I took at a party of a guy who looks uncannily like that.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 05:39 PM       
Last time I got drunk, I walked the neighborhood with my roommate at the time. I ended up just breaking down someone's fence. At first I was going to climb it to get a kids ball from the yard but then the top plank ripped. Then I said fuck it. And pulled on the fence until it came down. Then just started kicking all of the planks down until they had no fence except for the posts. The cops came and my friend was just watching me as I ran. Then he ran. I never got caught. But I stopped drinking after that.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 07:55 PM       
Tadao, don't be dead. I'll never forgive you.

LOOK I BEAR GIFTS
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 08:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi View Post
a book I found at the library called "Back Stars In Orbit" about black astronauts, a clearly stoned black dude with dreadlocks dressed up like santa
This part is funnier as one item

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 11:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I'm at the point now where I feel like college was worthless

I've got shit for connections though, and maybe the economy really is a lot of the problem. Maybe I'm just bitter right now.

:slitwrists

:dylansnipples
It IS the economy, the connections I'm making through my school are amazing and my friends in law school are fucked... basically art prospects are as shitty as they ever were and go to people who want it the most and actually TRY to connect. In the meantime, people going for REAL jobs are getting screwed as the competition increases and the avenues dry up, becoming WORSE than what you find in the commercial art world in the middle of a goddamn recession
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 11:48 PM       
of course, BOTH my friends and I probably have an eighty percent turnaround probability in this situation
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 12:05 AM       
plus everybody and their mother is trying to be a lawyer
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 09:07 AM       
Also, people in art school should already be prepared for a lifetime of work at Home Depot, anyway. Anything else is already a step up.
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 01:34 PM       
Maybe it was just the kind of mood I was in over the weekend, I decided to ride my horse out and forget my worries. I thought what the hell and kicked it into high gear and have a good "wind in the hair" gallop.

The mistake was using a saddle I was not used to riding in. Hit the dirt and a fence (thank god it was a vinyl one.)

Now I am bruised and battered and very sore. I think I need to find a a different way to relax.
Salticidae!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 01:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
becoming WORSE than what you find in the commercial art world in the middle of a goddamn recession
I have two in college with art as their majors. They are having trouble finding just a part time job. Not even home depot is hiring.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 01:48 PM       
Bollocks to that. I got a job at a burrito joint on the main street a block away from campus. And I've got one now shuffling pizzas. They're in a shitty town.
Salticidae!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:10 PM       
Our burrito places round here are not hiring. Pizza was but she could not work the shift they offered due to school schedule. Almost got a grocery job, but then they were about to strike and she was told if they go on strike she would have to cross the picket line to work or be fired because she would still be considered on probation. She decided not to work there.
Ancient Mariner
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:16 PM       
I fail to see how Home Depot could possibly be considered a part of the commercial art world

and FZ's right with the bollocking, part time jobs have turnover like fucking crazy, tell them to do some legwork, and keep returning to the same places and checking their applications. You know, as if they were job searching. I heard that kind of griping from my brother all the time, whenever he was having trouble finding part time openings he'd stop after applying at only ten or fifteen places and then bitch for a month
Ancient Mariner
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:18 PM       
wait what, are you kidding? Scabs make money. As in, you know, any at all. Tell her to get her ass back over there
Salticidae!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:29 PM       
It is the legwork part that I keep telling them about. Just about every place has online applications. Submit one then wait, sometimes you get a call back most times you don't. Your email is tagged so you do not submit multiple applications. If you go into the store to meet with the personel manager or superviors to ask them about the status of the application either they are not around or they have not yet recieved your application. You are told their business always accepts on line applications, but currently are not hiring, so you are out of luck.

That being said I do believe that if it were me I would be trying alot harder to find a job then they currently are. They only follow up the the legwork about 20% of the time. By then it's too late.

Last edited by b_squared : Oct 24th, 2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Fixing a run on sentence
Salticidae!
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:29 PM       
Strike is over, they are not hiring scabs any longer.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:41 PM       
I got offered a job at a sales/marketing company a couple weeks ago. I hope I don't regret turning it down in the future when I'm wearing burlap sacks to the grocery store, but it was a goddamn 1.5 hour commute and it's sales for fuck's sake. I AM WAY TOO IMPORTANT FOR SUCH PIDDLING ENDEAVORS

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 24th, 2011, 02:56 PM       
If it's not a superduper corporation that only hires via online applications, tell them to call up every few days. My mum had to pound that into my head, but part of having a job is getting a job and you have to treat it like such. It's work.