Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
Microshock is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 11:32 PM        KILLZONE 2
Ah, finally here, got it on wednesday and have been playing the crap out of it, too much i think.
It's just a great game, something i think people will be playing years from now perhaps especially with the integration with killzone.com and clans and tournaments and all the classes and ranks,etc.

It's also GORGEEOUS. Sometimes you just stare and stare because it's so beautiful.

Single player is also pretty good although im at a frustrating part, the story isnt the greatest but i really did feel the pain the characters went thru.

Get this game, everyone else on your friends list will.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 11:44 PM       
This morning, I got a text message from my sister saying that a bunch of her friends waited for the midnight release to get it, but were disappointed when they finally got to play it.

Banned
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 11:49 PM       
It's something you get a hang of if theyre talking about controls. I don't think i've been disappointed, if you played the demo, you knew what the game was going to be like.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 27th, 2009, 11:52 PM       
Don't take this the wrong way, but I'd rather hear positive reactions to this particular game from someone other than you.

Banned
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 12:00 AM       
Well try reading some reviews from "real" people.
Also, i have no obligation to like killzone 2 just because its on the ps3, i like it because its a great game.
You didn't tell me what your sister and her friends were disappointed about
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 12:58 AM       
STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD, XBOTS!!!!!!

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 01:15 AM       
Electric Boogaloo
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM       
i played this game and hated it. Everything about it sucks. it looked decent but really it should've looked seven times better. Also, the only way you can control ALL OF THE KILLER ROBOTIC BOATS IS WITH A HANDGRENADE.

PS I DONT HAVE A PS3 OR THIS VIDEOGAME.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 02:50 AM       
One thing I don't get about the anticipation for this game is that the first one wasn't that good. K2 looks fantastic graphics-wise, but after the whole pre-rendered "gameplay footage" fiasco anything less than gorgeous would've caused many to write the game off. I'll play it if/when I get the chance, but it's not like Killzone is the best videogame pedigree. I'd rather see a PS3 Timesplitters.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 02:54 AM       
i'll wait to hear what boggle says

i mean yahtzee whoops :embarrassed
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 02:59 PM       
if i had a ps3 i wouldn't buy this cause of resident evil 5 but that's just me

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 28th, 2009, 07:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
if you played the demo, you knew what the game was going to be like.
And man, was I disappointed at it. Certainly didn't warrant a midnight release. Maybe a rental. The only way this would be a Halo-killer is if it was cheaper.
Banned
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 04:34 AM       
It's not a halo killer because halo didnt need a slayer. It's a great game, plain and simple.
The multiplayer are the guts and glory of this title and the story is pretty good i'd say.

Seriously, regardless what you think, this is a huge game and it will have people playing for years especially with the killzone.com functionality.
Oozes machismo
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 04:37 AM       
It's certainly getting great reviews.
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 01:41 PM       
Pac-man, edit your post to something derisive, post-haste! You're ruining our fun

Oozes machismo
Old Mar 1st, 2009, 06:05 PM       
What can I say? This game might actually be pretty good.
The Wolf
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:58 PM       
Yesterday, I saw an ad for this that read "5 STARS OUT OF 5" and then in very small print underneath, it said "Official Playstation Magazine" or something like that.

Really, official playstation magazine? You LIKED the one game that's supposed to move your system? I'm shocked.

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:36 PM       
I hate Killzone 2 for two reasons:

Stupid Sony fans (Adam Sessler's rant on G4 was fucking priceless)
Stupid AntiSony jerks

Someday, people will be allowed to like videogames. Until then, everyone must hate every game just because.

That said, this game's not too shabby. Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the FPS genre outside of TF2 and HL2, but I've played worse than Killzone 2.

Last edited by Phoenix Gamma : Mar 3rd, 2009 at 04:52 PM.
The Wolf
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post

Someday, people will be allowed to like videogames.
Pussy

Banned
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:40 PM       
Zomboid, the official magazine is not owned by Sony i believe, i think it's Future publishing which also does Nintendo Power and the official xbox magazine.
They were harsh on sony games before and hell they might be trust worthy, but you can look at other reviews if you want.

Phoenix, wouldnt you be one of those anti killzone 2 jerks if you hated it just because you hated anti sony jerks?

Maybe when you buy a ps3, you wouldnt complain as much.
has a woody
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 04:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Microshock View Post
Phoenix, wouldnt you be one of those anti killzone 2 jerks if you hated it just because you hated anti sony jerks?

Maybe when you buy a ps3, you wouldnt complain as much.
What.

First of all, I own a PS3.

And second of all, I didn't say the game was bad. I just hate how people are making a big deal out of a game that isn't a big deal. Well, except for the fact that it's console exclusive, and Sony fanboys need to constantly justify their purchase to everyone on the internet. Even though the PS3 doesn't need much justifying at this point, seeing how its library is finally picking up (fast too).

And finally, wouldn't hating both sides of this stupid "poo poo your system r sux" fanboy war make me impartial? I can't even be neutral.

The Wolf
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:35 PM       
It's not just some average release, though. Sony fanboys are hyping it up to be THE BEST GAME EVAAAAR! so naturally, people are going to be commenting as if the hype actually influences the game itself.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 05:55 PM       
I thought even Sony fanboys didn't give a shit about Killzone.
has a woody
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
It's not just some average release, though. Sony fanboys are hyping it up to be THE BEST GAME EVAAAAR! so naturally, people are going to be commenting as if the hype actually influences the game itself.
I guess. I just don't see where the hype came from, because not too many people remember Killzone 1. It's not as recognizable as Halo or Call of Duty.

I just think it's strange, is all. Maybe Sony just did a good job at marketing it or something.

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM       
I played my friend's copy for a bit on his PS3, and man, am I good at multiplayer. Fuck, people are just dumb. There is still the phenomenon present as it was in Call Of Duty where if you and an enemy are close together, you'll dance around each other meleeing for a good five seconds before someone reloads their empty gun or finally gets a melee kill. This doesn't happen in Halo 3 because of the way the game moves. Halo 3 is much more enjoyable in close-quarters.

The standard rifle with that green sight is a piece of shit. Utter shit. You can't see out of the damn thing and it doesn't give you an indicator that you've hit something. I prefer the FAMAS-looking one with the iron sights.