Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 04:44 PM        Loose Fur
Yeah, Royal, this stuff is pretty amazing. The lead guitar reminds me of Syd Barret Floyd stuff. The music itself is really good. It's a really well done album.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Dec 26th, 2003, 06:28 PM       
yeah, I knew you'd like it. check out some yankee hotel foxtrot and jim o'rourke's solo albums insignificence and eureka. I think jeff tweedy and jim o'rourke both play lead guiar in the band, or bass, they alternate. my favourite tracks are chinese apple and laminated cats.

Old Dec 26th, 2003, 06:36 PM       
I just finished it driving home, the coda to the final track is pretty outstanding. Kinda weird that the tracklisting on the back of the album is basically worthless, where the actual song names are printed in the booklet.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Dec 27th, 2003, 12:54 PM       
Ah, cool, you bought it! I have a copy on CD, but record copy was at a local store... I fucked up, and by the time I wanted to by it was sold. Same as the new Elliott Smith single; they had it, and I fucked up and left it there. I get too depressed when I think of all the cool shit I could have bought. lol.

Old Dec 27th, 2003, 01:54 PM       
Yeah, they were having this mega fucking sale at this place Soundchaser that was closing down. 20% off everything. I was gonna pick up Yankee Hotel, and lo and behold, at the Wilco section was Loose Fur. I got that, a used Hunky Dory, used Faust's So Far, and Lumpy Gravy. I was gonna get Pet Sounds, but it was 16 dollars and I didn't have the cash.

EDIT: 38 US dollars was my total. Good deal.