Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:24 PM        Me + Philly =
I'll be in Philadelphia for a few days in June, just a couple blocks from City Hall. Never been there so I'm curious what I need to see. The only solid plans I have, outside of the conference, are to hit up Old City and find a real cheesesteak. Also, I might try to hit up the Ubiq store 'cause I have a shoe fetish.

Ideas please.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:27 PM       
I touched the Liberty Bell when I was like 5. It was powdery. Hope that helps!
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 12:35 PM       
Oh sure, NOW you go to Philly when I no longer live there.

But seriously, check out South Street. It's a fun strip o' quirky shops 'n what not, and the Jim's Steaks place there has some o' the best cheesesteaks you'll find in the city. Of course, a lot of people will also tell you to check out Pat's or Gino's steaks which are right across from each other.

Also be sure to check out the Mutter Museum. It's a museum of medical abnormalities and death! Perfect for viewing right after you've downed a few cheesesteaks.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 01:00 PM       
Go to the 3 stooges museum...

http://www.stoogeum.com/id7.html

I think you need to set up an appt first. Take pictures though because it'll be quite some time before I can go.
*SMILE SMILE*
Otto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty okOtto is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 01:09 PM       
Seconding the Mutter museum, it's like a scene from a Cronenberg movie.
Fuck Yeah
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 01:22 PM       
Geno's > Pat's? I don't want to incite a riot while I'm there so I'd like to find out beforehand.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 03:19 PM       
Jim's > Geno's & Pat's. That's my opinion and I hope it incites a huge riot.

But if you insist on going to one of the other two more famous ones, I'd say go with Pat's, because they make the Philly cheesesteak the way it's supposed to be made: the meat is cut up ultra-thin and loaded heavily onto the bread, whereas Geno's just gives you longer uncut pieces of meat. It seriously makes a big difference in the whole cheesesteak experience. I'm not sure if Pat's offers a "double the beef" sandwich like Jim's does though. If they do, definitely go for that, because that's how I like 'em... extra beef and covered in pepper.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:48 PM       
The Reading Terminal Market. Hand's down the best place to graze.

The Mutter Museum rocks! But if you have the time, and the inclination, the University Museum at Penn has some of the best Egyptology exhibits on the East coast. At least they did when I was last there.

Rittenhouse square is also a must see, @ 19th and Walnut.

And you can't touch the Liberty Bell anymore , but Independence Mall is worth a visit.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:49 PM       
Me + Philly = Milfy
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:56 PM       
Sideways.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 09:57 PM       
for the record, I don't know that you could ever touch it. When I went, I remember it being in a small and unimpressive building that looked like a bus shelter. There was one attendant and she wasn't looking. There was something tempting about the surface and I had to touch it, even though I knew I probably shouldn't. I reached out and touched it; it was powdery and I was surprised. Then I snatched my hand back and felt vaguely guilty for the next 27 years or so.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 30th, 2009, 10:04 PM       
Yes, you could. I did, several times, and no one ever arrested me or anything. However, there came a time when they worried about too many nutcases wanting to take a hammer to it (this actually happened ) so they restricted access to formal occasions. And then, of course, the National Constitution Center was built at great taxpayer expense to house the Bell behind a bulletproof glass partition.

Classic case of a few bad apples ruining it for everybody.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 08:30 AM       
Have you ever licked the Liberty Bell?
teacup of sunshine
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 10:04 AM       
are you implying you have?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 11:29 AM       
What did it taste like?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 01:28 PM       
Fingers?
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 31st, 2009, 03:24 PM       
My understanding is that it tastes like the dust covered tears of the tea drinking, foppish dandies who founded this great nation through their determination, love of freedom and with a little help from a whole lot of cocaine. It’s what they used to powder their wigs.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
Me + Philly =
McClainadelphia
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM       
Pennies.

sorry it's from an old episode of how i met your mother from back in my dark tv-watching days !
Smell my finger
DirtySanchez is probably a spambot
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 11:09 AM       
geno's=pat's=shit. you'll get a better steak at any random pizza shop. jim's is pretty decent but be prepared to wait in line. i suggest american cheese, wit', don't get cheeze wiz.
south st aint really what it used to be, most of the record stores and punk shops are now cell phone stores and high fashion clothing.
the mutter is great, so is the ball park if you like that. the obligatory old city visit. don't forget to run up the art museum steps like that meat head rocky. lots of great restaurants around the city too.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 6th, 2009, 11:41 AM       
Even this guy's posts have a Philly accent.
From the desk of H Angles
ChrisLHanssen69 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 02:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain View Post
I'll be in Philadelphia for a few days in June, just a couple blocks from City Hall. Never been there so I'm curious what I need to see. The only solid plans I have, outside of the conference, are to hit up Old City and find a real cheesesteak. Also, I might try to hit up the Ubiq store 'cause I have a shoe fetish.

Ideas please.
Back in 1986 to 1991 I went to a school called Devereux in Paoli and Devon, PA.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 01:23 PM       
Quote:
Devereux is a non-profit organization providing services around the nation for persons with emotional, developmental & educational disabilities.

Great, you are a retard!
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 15th, 2009, 03:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLHanssen69 View Post
I don't get it, was he suggesting McLain visit the Devereaux Academy for Social Misfits? Was that some kind of joke, weak bitch-slap or otherwise lame idea?

Banning is too good for this sumbitch.
Fuck Yeah
Old May 1st, 2009, 03:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLHanssen69 View Post
This is great news. Would you like to meet me in person and tell me about this school?