Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 02:53 PM       
Yeah, Nightcrawler did kinda sorta(how's that for initiative?) play the comic relief role, but it didn't seem forced or anything. More people were laughing at a few of Wolverine's quips than they were at Nightcrawler. To me, he seemed to play the more tragic role, kinda like Wolverine or Rogue did in the first one. Eh, either way, I'm seeing it again Monday afternoon. I would go see it over the weekend, but I'd just rather not deal with a bunch of screaming kids and scoffing fanboys(like last night).

By the way, this isn't a spoiler since I'm not telling any of you a DAMN thing about it(for those of you who haven't seen it yet), but I just loved the ending.

I'm not sure if I'd kill to be deep blue, but I'd definitely maim to have designs like his all over my person. Those were just fucking cool.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 2nd, 2003, 03:55 PM       

Being Deep Blue wouldn't be all that exciting.
tenno is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 04:43 PM       
i dressed like deep blue for christmas, boy were those jews suprised!
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 08:53 PM       
*PARTIAL SPOILER ALERT*

Really enjoyed this -- Nightcrawler is great, as is Pyro. But my favorite scene was at the very very end, with the shot of the lake. Phoenix It'd be awesome if they went with the Dark Phoenix Saga for X3... Phoenix, White Queen, Hellfire Club... :salivates

*END OF ALERT*
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:01 PM       
Yeah I saw that shadow under the water at the end and figured it was a hint about what was to come. Can somebody explain to me who or what Phoenix from X-Men is? I never really followed the X-Men, so the only stuff I really know is what I've seen in the movies so far...
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:14 PM       
The phoenix is an entity that possesses jean grey and she uhh...does stuff.

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:31 PM       
The Phoenix Force is this weird thing that takes control of various people, notably Jean Grey, but others too, including her daughter Rachel. Since in mythology the phoenix is this firebird that resurrects itself, so Jean (or her clone... complicated story) gets these firebird powers. Basically she becomes super powerful.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2003, 09:50 PM       
It's like some kind of cosmic energy that represents creation.
Resident Chimp
Old May 2nd, 2003, 11:42 PM       
Okay, this might seem like a big spoiler to anyone who hasn't seen the movie yet, so screw all y'all; I need to rant.

WHY DID THEY KILL OFF DEATHSTRIKE?!?!?!?!?!?

She was hot, and wasn't necessarily an evil mutant. 90% of her scenes can be found in the theatrical trailer... I think that beats out the suckiness of Darth Maul. I definitely think that her character should have had a bigger role.

Other than that, I thought the movie was awesome. Nightcrawler in the hizouse!
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:20 AM       
Yeah... thanks for putting that in giant text so it was unavoidable.
Resident Chimp
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:35 AM       
Okay, it's small now.

Go back and start reading the thread over, you baby.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 12:52 AM       
Just got back from the movie. I fucking LOVED it! Far better than the first, and Nightcrawler was fantastic.

I loved all the cameos they had in the film. I remember seeing:

Colossus
Shadowcat
Beast (as Dr. Henry McCoy)
Siryn
Jubilee
and Gambit's name, Remy Lebeau on the computer screen when Mystique was on Stryker's computer. I'm sure there were PLENTY of other names from the comics on there, but I noticed his since it was right above Magneto's

Can anybody recall others?

SPOILERS DOWN BELOW

As for the ending, I knew that was going to happen. A friend of mine hinted that one of the characters was going to die and I immediately guessed it was going to be Jean Grey so they could do the whole Phoenix thing in the third movie. I thought they handled it rather well and it's a great set up for the third movie.

Scarlet Speedster is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:01 AM       
FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC

Spoilers

Highlights:

PHOENIX!

Colosuss. Nuff said.

Mystique's base infiltration and flipping the bird as she slides through the door.

Mags' jail break.

Wolverine getting his claws messy.

Nightcrawler's air rescue. And opening scene. Hell, NIGHTCRAWLER.

Storm was decent.

Too many to write.
Mocker
Old May 3rd, 2003, 07:56 AM       
Is the kid with the lizard tongue anyone special? And what about the kid that looks like Harry Potter, who turns the TV channels with eyeblinks?

And who were the Stryker fellows in the comics?
The Goddamned Batman
Old May 3rd, 2003, 01:04 PM       
Nobody special, that I know of. And I actually don't recall if Stryker was in the comics or not.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 03:57 PM       
SPOILERS, SPOILERS, COVER YOUR EYES CHILDREN OMG ITS SO BIG

yeah, whatever.

I could find nothing (well, that's a big word maybe) wrong with this movie. Anything I disagreed with or disliked in X-Men 1 was fixed. Namely Wolverine doing barely anything with his claws. Yeow. I think we can all agree that Nightcrawler was spectacular. This was Matrix-type shit. It was too bad they killed off Yuriko immediately, but I guess there was no time to get into her story as well. I must say I really like how they're slipping characters into the background (or introducing some as kids), it makes you feel less like they cut chunks out of the comic. Bobby, Rogue and Pyro were great.

Also, I hate John Stamos and I need to find a girl that will wear bodypaint like Mystique's. [/b]
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:01 PM       
Mystique's base infiltration and flipping the bird as she slides through the door.

Her and Wolverine are still my favorite characters in the movies. They just rule. And yeah, seeing her flipping the bird was hilarious... she's quite the bastard. Magneto's escape was easily one of the top moments of the film too. What an awesome way to kill a guy hahah...

spoiler below:

Too bad about Deathstrike though, I definitely wish they didn't kill her off so quickly. Would've been nice to see her kicking more ass in the 3rd installment.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2003, 06:14 PM       
SPOILER

Couldn't help thinking about Darth Maul when that scene was over.

/SPOILER

What I really miss in X2 though, is there's nothing in it that touches the nerve that the first one did. I'm thinking especially about the scene in X1 where Wolvie accidentaly runs his claws through rogue and the dialogue sorrounding this scene. As spectacular these movies may be, I think this still is my favourite part.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:06 AM       
Ok, I just got back and holy sh*t did it kick ass. It was a lot darker than the first one and I loved that they weren't afraid to show people getting killed in this one.

I love when there's small things that only fans would get like the Remy LeBaux appearing on the list of names on stryker's computer or hank mccoy on tv. Also, I think everyone who's even close to a fan knew what was going on when jean grey's eyes lit up and everything.

I read in pretty much every review or posted opinion on it that each character doesn't get much time because they try to cram a lot in and while that's true, I think it worked nicely because there weren't really any weak characters like the merry/pippin sh*t in the two towers.

And pyro kicked ass. I thought he would suck but he was made like he was supposed to be, minus the accent.

The Goddamned Batman
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:52 AM       
My roommate brought up a good point about Pyro, actually. He said in the 10 minutes or so of screen time that Pyro had, his descent into madness and the "dark side" was more convincing than an ENTIRE FUCKING MOVIE was for Anakin Skywalker.

I think he's right.
The Wolf
Old May 4th, 2003, 02:23 AM       
PARTIAL SPOILERS!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

I agree. He was a very cool character and I didn't expect to like him but I did. They didn't shove his "turning" down our throats and it was done very well.

Oh yeah, I'm guessing "jason" was mastermind, but I'm not sure. Can I get some confirmation?

Seriously, best movie in a while.

FS is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 05:34 AM       
Mastermind's name was Jason Wyngarde. But since I don't remember anyone by the name of Stryker from the comics, I'm guessing they just gave this Mastermind a different last name to fit into the movie.

They did have a lot of characters, but since a lot of the introductions were already over with the first movie, that didn't seem like a problem to me. Except for the morons who watched X2 without seeing the first one.

One thing I thought they might've done a little better is explain just why Jean had to leave the Blackbird to save everyone. I figure it's because her powers would've killed/wounded everyone otherwise, but it didn't become entirely clear to me.
The Goddamned Batman
Old May 4th, 2003, 10:19 AM       
Yeah, I kind of wondered about that too. I also kind of wondered why Iceman didn't go out and start freezing the water to form a protective wall around them. Or why Storm didn't go out and create a large whirlpool or something with them in a dry spot in the middle.
Resident Chimp
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:06 PM       
For those of us who aren't ubergeeks with comics, I have found a site that has bios of every X-Men character.

http://24.191.192.76:8000/a.html
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 4th, 2003, 02:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by theapportioner
Is the kid with the lizard tongue anyone special? And what about the kid that looks like Harry Potter, who turns the TV channels with eyeblinks?

And who were the Stryker fellows in the comics?
\

The kid with the tounge, is Artie (sp?). In the comic book he is one of these kids who hang out underground with the Morlocks, until the Mauraders came and killed the Morlocks. Then they spent some time in X-Factor, and I think they are in Generation X now. Artie acctually has powers in the book, and they let him talk in hologram images. He has pink skin too. Not just like fat white boy pink. But super pink. There is suppose to be another kid with him named Leech, and he's green.