Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 01:03 AM        The Wicker Man
JESUS H. TAP-DANCING CHRIST, IT'S THE WICKER MAN!

http://thewickermanmovie.warnerbros.com/
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 04:22 PM       
Brothers and their fathers joining hands and make a chain
The shadow of the wicker man is rising up again

Okay, lame joke's done now. Anyway, the original movie was great, but I'm not sure that it's remake material. I mean, how many people who see this movie will have even heard of the Shaffer film?

Besides, Christopher Lee's not in it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 05:56 PM       
Yes, but I'm pretty sure that Nick Cage dies a fiery death at the end. That has to be worth the price of admission.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 06:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus
I mean, how many people who see this movie will have even heard of the Shaffer film?
That's pretty much why it's perfect for a remake. Hollywood isn't interested in appealing to fans of the original films. They're interested in not having to do as much work by coming up with something original.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 06:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
Yes, but I'm pretty sure that Nick Cage dies a fiery death at the end. That has to be worth the price of admission.
omg spoislers
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 06:51 PM       
Like anyone on this board would go to see The Wicker Man who hasn't seen it already. Besides, they may change the plot into a more craptastic one where Cage saves the day. Who wants to place a bet on the next scary movie to get remade?
Custom User Title
kinot is probably a spambot
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM       
maybe this time the wicker man's gonna be a monster instead of an effigy and chases Mr. Coppola around and it could end up like a scooby-doo episode where some people wanted to scare off all the tourists so they can buy the land for cheap?
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
Who wants to place a bet on the next scary movie to get remade?
I for one can't wait to see Johnny Knoxville and Nicole Kidman in 'Creature from the Black Lagoon'.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 07:59 PM       
Next one is a US remake of Battle Royale.

Brek Eisner is directin the new Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Other spooky remakes include

The Hitcher
"Its Alive"
Pirahna
The Wolf Man

you can find more at UHM.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 08:27 PM       
lets see a remake of Leprechaun 5: Leprechaun in the Hood
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 10th, 2006, 11:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
Brek Eisner is directin the new Creature From the Black Lagoon.
Ho-lee hell, they actually are remaking it?! If there's any justice in the world, someone's going to get their ass smote for that.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 01:05 AM       
no way I cna't wait for the Rock in the SPYHUNTER MOVIE.
Custom User Title
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 03:20 AM       
Thanks for reminding me about the Rock Spyhunter movie. I liked forgetting about it.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 10:46 AM       
I saw a commercial for The Wicker Man last night. They made it super gay.
OH GOD
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 11:08 AM       
HERE COMES THE WICKERMANNNN
THERE GOES THE WICKERMANNNN
OH GOD
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 11:08 AM       
my fav part is where the wicker man goes "yeah. shut up, kid."
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 01:17 PM       
Nicholas Cage is hellrider,
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 02:02 PM       
You mean, " Ghost Rider" ?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 09:29 PM       
No, seriously. They made it super gay. There's a scene where a woman burts into flies or something, and another where the little girl he's looking for vanishes before his eyes.

So it's not a supernatural thriller instead of just a thriller. It's no longer an island full of Heathens, but an island full of demons and evil.

So in other words, once again a remake it made without any of the integrity of the original. I'm sure that sounds like Movie Snob Talk. But really; "Hey, this movie is kind of popular for these reasons. Let's get rid of those reasons and just keep the basic plot. Fill in any holes with flashy effects and jump scares. Oh, and make sure it's as PG-13 as possible!"

The number of GOOD remakes can be counted on one hand. A cartoon character's hand. That's been in a bad table saw accident.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 10:11 PM       
the fact that a movie is PG-13 is rediculous, no movie ever GETS a PG-13, there all chopped down so they are accecible to the masses.

It really shows integrity when you have a movie intended for adults chopped down ot PG-13 because you know how much it suck.
Ancient Mariner
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 10:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
So in other words, once again a remake it made without any of the integrity of the original. I'm sure that sounds like Movie Snob Talk. But really; "Hey, this movie is kind of popular for these reasons. Let's get rid of those reasons and just keep the basic plot. Fill in any holes with flashy effects and jump scares. Oh, and make sure it's as PG-13 as possible!"
It's the same mentality as with the Omen remake. After all, who needs minor details when you have a guy in a red cloak? Oh, and good thing that Damien acted eeeeevil. Wouldn't want the movie to be subtle, or anything.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 11:10 PM       
I'm waiting to put that noose around my neck for when they remake Scary Movie
Mocker

James sucks
Old Aug 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM       
I haven't seen it myself, but it sounded more like The Omen is closer to the Psycho remake, in that they offered up NOTHING new from the original. Which honestly is worse. Even if I hate most remakes, I at least appreciate their "creativity" in fucking everything up.
Custom User Title
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 09:17 AM       
Wasn't the point of Van Sant's Psycho was to make a Psycho remake (shot-by-shot) so no one else would have to? At least Psycho is out of the way. But that still leaves every other damn Hitchcock flick open for remake.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 12th, 2006, 04:32 PM       
The Birds got a sequal with Christian Slater. Eeewww.