Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:48 AM        Bored with the news?
so it's insane mel gibson (who's dad said the holocaust is mostly made up), democratic conventions, gay marriage and Haiti. I see this crap every morning on CNN with very little added to those stories if anything. Nothing interesting has happened in a while. I heard a small 5 minute blurb about an earthquake killin some folks this morning but by the time i looked up from my habeas statutory research the story was over. The news has gotten completely repetitive and boring. I realize certain issues are what sells, but whatever happened to journalistic integrity and reporting what ELSE is going on...
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:53 AM       
The question is, why do you watch the television news?

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:55 AM       
that was an example of this morning. I try to look at more than one source when I have the time...which I usually only have while sitting in traffic or first thing in the morning while i'm reading other crap which is pertinent to the work i'm doing.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 12:57 AM       
The real question is do we really need 24-hour news stations, thus giving us the notion that something MUST always be "breaking" or fresh....? Granted, there's a news worthy story going on in every place in the world probably. That doesn't mean we need to know about it, nor does that mean we need to be constantly updated on every tiny detail every hour.

I think we have access to all sorts of news, more so than ever before. Yet still we're not happy. Sound bite culture, me thinks.

phnompehn is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 08:02 AM       
Internet news will eventually kill the 24-hour news networks. The internet is more accessible and expansive. Of course, you'd still have to sort out the true news from the tainted news.

MEATMAN is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 08:07 AM       
Television news considers the visuals more important than the news. If you don't believe me, listen to a 'shocking' 'news' story on a TV news network. Then, read the same story in the paper. Not only will the paper have more information in general, it will be three times longer.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 10:06 AM       
Take heart, punkgirl. Soon Michael Jacksons trial will begin, then the FCC investigation of Boobgate and two politcal coventionbs, one a coronation and the other long ago robbed of all meaning beyond pomp. There's so much news coming there will be no need for any of us to know anything.

Old Feb 25th, 2004, 01:21 PM       
I've specifically been waiting for a few of the Sup. Ct. decisions to friggen come down already but the Supremes seem to write their opinions slower than glue.
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 01:37 PM       
I watched the news once on my friends huge plasma screem TV with 8 speaker system and a sub you can use as a end table. The flashy effects and deep glory music made me strap on the couch seatbelt and I had to wear saftey goggles.

The news is Bullshit. It gives up useless info about stuff that doesnt effect us. How does an earthquake halfways around the world that killed 100 people help me?

Id like to know more about the workings of our government and in-your-face reports on where the fuck my tax dollars go, not some black guy in California being chased by the cops. Is it news when a cashier at 7-11 sells a hotdog?
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:11 PM       
News Sucks. Especially American news. Nothing really important is EVER covered.

I wish I lived in Europe so I could see the naked news without paying for it.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:21 PM       
Yesterday I saw a small clip about some highschool redneck in Alabama who can make musical fart noises with his hands. On the news.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 25th, 2004, 04:29 PM       
That kid deserves a presidential medal of freedom. I shit you not, the Jacksons, the kid with the music fart hands, avain flu, anything tht can distract us from stuff that is actually meaningful. Avian flu should get the presidential medal of freedom, and a really lengthy involved acrimonious debate about a constitutional ammendment banning gay marriage that almost everybody knows will never happen should get like at least a dozen Presidentil Medals of Freedom.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 26th, 2004, 09:43 AM       
Do you have x-terme action x-treme all the time the biggest hits and none of the boring stuff news in the US?