Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 26th, 2006, 12:41 PM        W will declassify Inteligence estimate
I'm very interested to see how this plays out. I'd also like to know what folks make of the last line in this section of the story.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An angry President Bush Tuesday said he would declassify an intelligence document that reportedly finds that the Iraq war increased the terrorist threat to the United States, saying the American people should come to their own conclusions.

The president said the media accounts of the leak was meant to "create confusion in the minds of the American people" and suggested that the report had been leaked for political purposes.

Bush said he has ordered to Director of National Security John Negroponte to declassify the report's key findings during a joint White House press conference with Afghan President Hamid Karzai. (Full story)

"He'll do so in such a way that we'll be able to protect sources and methods ... that our intelligence community uses," Bush said, "and then everybody can draw their own conclusions about what the report says." (Watch U.S. to declassify terror report -- 2:03)

"It will stop all the speculation, all the politics about somebody saying something about Iraq; you know, somebody trying to confuse the American people about the nature of this enemy," Bush said.

Bush said he agreed with the report's conclusions that al Qaeda is becoming more diffuse and decentralized but rejected the interpretation that the Iraq war had made the U.S. less safe.

"This government is going to do whatever it takes to protect this homeland. We're not going to let their excuses stop us from staying on the offense," Bush said.

"The best way to protect America is to defeat these killers overseas so we do not have to face them here at home," Bush said. "We're not going to let lies and propaganda by the enemy dictate how we win this war."
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 03:18 PM       
I would be interested to see the parts that Bush didn't declassify.
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 03:25 PM       
He had to redact the section titled "Why this is all your fault" for reasons of national security.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM       
I think it'll be worth a read. I'm glad he's open about this, it'll prevent retarded conspiracey theories *waits for said theory*
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 10:20 AM       
Well, it might have if he'd declasified the whole report. Declassifying just the conslusions section is like saying "HEY! Does this look like I'm hiding something or WHAT?!"
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 02:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyBushy
"We're not going to let lies and propaganda by the enemy dictate how we win this war."
No worries, Dubya! I personally knew quite some time ago that it's your lies and propaganda that will dictate how we win this war.
Old Sep 28th, 2006, 02:57 PM       
See, I sorta took that line to mean Democrats and the media were the enemy.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 10:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage the Cowardly Dog
I think it'll be worth a read. I'm glad he's open about this, it'll prevent retarded conspiracey theories *waits for said theory*
what do you consider as a retarded conspiracey theory? The report they are going to give the public will not have any usefull information im sure, they will edit it to the point where a person cant really reach a logical conclusion.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 3rd, 2006, 09:28 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by adept_ninja
The report they are going to give the public will not have any usefull information im sure, they will edit it to the point where a person cant really reach a logical conclusion.
If that's the case, then the democrats will jump down his throat, and the republicans will lose another credibility point in the pre-election mudslinging. It would be a phenomenally stupid move.