Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Loveline
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 02:49 AM        Many of my friends quickly lose interest in me
Three examples of this phenomenon received blog comments/wall posts from me this past hour. This theme was not intentional.

#1: In 2005, a cute bisexual lass friended me on Livejournal at random. We eventually discovered that we had two mutual friends (one including a former member of I-Mockery), and we went on one "date". After that, we'd occasionally talk, but I doubt we had any interaction outside of the IU fencing club in which we were both involved. On her LJ in a post that had nothing to do with any of the following, I left,

Late at night, many nights ago, I was watching IFC. A pretentious French movie came on. Yay! It seemed to be yet another take on the theme of "the actor" as it relates to existentialism, but I never figured out how because I eventually went to bed in the middle of it. Its title made me think of LJ for some reason I couldn't figure out. The title was "Sex is Comedy", and I eventually realized that this might have been a translation of the French, "le sexe est comique", which would translate to "sex is funny", and I eventually remembered that years ago I'd read that you listed that phrase as an interest on here.

Anyways, turns out that "Sex is Comedy" was verbatim the working title for its French release, so the point was moot. Eh. Also, I was going to make some comment relating its ability to achieve an existential message (which I don't even know if that was its intent) to the fact that it didn't have as much tits as the title/plot would imply. This would be a sordidly ironic contrast the type of which I enjoy, but I gave up putting that in context.

#2: A few months ago, I talked within this very board about a girl whom I really liked at the time. We talked on facebook for several weeks while she lived out of town, and eventually we met when she returned to Bloomington. It's necessary for this purpose to note that the first time we met, I had tea at her mother and step-father's house. After hanging out a few times in varying contexts, I stopped hearing from her. Weeks/months passed, and then facebook messaging briefly resumed and swiftly ended anew. I saw her on the street Halloween night, and after exchanging a few words she started talking to other people and left without saying goodbye or anything. On her Facebook wall, I left,

At Sahara Mart today, the lines began to jam as the credit card machines failed to work. Beside me there was a man with a few bottles of wine, and he said he recognized me. It was Bruce, your step-father! We exchanged a few words, then I paid for my mead and rolls of charcoal in cash after the machine failed a second time.

Was I impatient, or did I not want to hold up the line for those behind me? Let the reader decide.

#3: In October, for whatever reason I started talking to a really cute girl from Wisconsin. Eventually she revealed herself to be extremely cool, so I had it in my head that if I ever made an excuse to visit Chicago for Giordano's or Edwardo's, I'd invest the extra hour of driving into meeting her. She stopped signing on AIM as often as before, so we stopped talking for the most part. We continued to read each other's LJs, however, and in her most recent post (having nothing to do with the following), I left,

Today I was talking to my little sister, and she revealed that she'd be driving up to north-central Wisconsin in a few days. Since I knew she'd be driving through Madison, I suggested that she take my friend who lives in Madison a sugar cream pie.

Sugar cream pie is a Hoosier "delicacy". On Halloween 2003, I had a dinner with my Madison friend of Chicago stuffed pizza with sugar cream pie for dessert. I don't actually know if she liked it that much or not.

Beth, my younger sister, didn't really like the idea of visiting people she's never met. But, reading your LJ post made me remember that you likewise are close enough to being en route, so I figured it'd be rude of me to not ask you if you wanted sugar cream pie or not.

In conclusion: I don't know if I-Mockery needs a Loveline forum, but perhaps things like this would make more sense to myself and others if it continued to have one.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 02:56 AM       
I agree. As long as there is someone with an amazingly convoluted lovelife, I feel it would be appropriate, even if it not as often used of a forum, to keep it, so as to better structure the forums.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 02:59 AM       
I'm very insecure about commas and their orthographic use. You really know how to hurt a guy.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Banned

ffourester is probably a spambot
Old Dec 28th, 2007, 10:49 AM       
Usually the opposite happens when I join a forum, I begin to lose interest in many of my friends.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 1st, 2008, 04:08 AM       
Don't most guys have the problem of talking about themselves too much?
Forum Virgin
sakura is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2008, 01:37 AM       
i don't care anymore if people lose interest in me.

"whateva, i do what i wawnt!"

which is what you should do. If you make a friend, cool, but never expect anything. 99% of the people you meet care about themselves only. So care about yourself, and consider others ok for being interested in you. If they go, then they're just as nonexistent as they were when you didn't know they were alive to begin with.
mmmm....custom user title
TheBigMan045 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 05:08 AM       
And then you ask why they go cold and you get a ? back. I mean WTF!!! as if they are that bad that they dont know what it means. Anyway I'm glad none of my RL friends come here
See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!
Forum Virgin
HungryWantBiddy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:18 PM       
Seth, being the intellect that you are I'm surprised you haven't realized that social networking sites aren't the best places to meet women. The grocery store man, the GROCERY STORE! I know you're smarter than me and all, but I guarantee I've got more ass in the past 3 months than you have in your entire life. You know why? Because I don't use phrases like, " It seemed to be yet another take on the theme of 'the actor' as it relates to existentialism" when talking to women. You have to dumb it down man. Women don't care how smart you are, they care about how much $ you make and how big/flat your penis/stomach is. The only women who do care how smart you are are the ones you want nothing to do with...just trust me on this one.

Like I said, a grocery store (especially in an urban area) can be a gold mine. Give it a shot. And if that fails, grow a goatee, buy some non prescription reading glasses, and start hanging out in books a million.

Good luck, you nerdy bastard!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2008, 02:20 PM       
i think the problem is that HE cares about how smart THEY are, not the other way around dude
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:44 AM       
I started reading your post, but quickly lost interest. Sorry, Dude...
Forum Virgin
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code-Wheel Jones View Post
i think the problem is that HE cares about how smart THEY are, not the other way around dude
I'm pretty sure the thread is titled "many of my friends quickly lose interest in me...."
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 12:37 PM       
yes but you were talking about sexual conquests not friends, you tard
Forum Virgin
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 01:10 PM       
read Seth's post. is he talking about "friends?" You haven't been here long (which is not to say that I have), and I can already tell I don't like you. Look at the front page: last post by Code-Wheel Jones in all but 2 topics. STFU already, you opinionated cocksucker...err tard?
OH GOD
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 01:16 PM       
the point i was trying to make is that i don't think he's just interested in fuckign strangers off the street like you seem to be
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 04:30 PM       
I think you should just give up on humanity, Seth. You'll be much better for it, I can tell. By the way, scene #2 was very douche-chill.

And he's right, Willie, you post to much without knowing what you're saying.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2008, 07:54 PM       
Yes, move on to stray dogs like the rest of us.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 01:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by HungryWantBiddy View Post
Seth, being the intellect that you are I'm surprised you haven't realized that social networking sites aren't the best places to meet women. The grocery store man, the GROCERY STORE! I know you're smarter than me and all, but I guarantee I've got more ass in the past 3 months than you have in your entire life. You know why? Because I don't use phrases like, " It seemed to be yet another take on the theme of 'the actor' as it relates to existentialism" when talking to women. You have to dumb it down man. Women don't care how smart you are, they care about how much $ you make and how big/flat your penis/stomach is. The only women who do care how smart you are are the ones you want nothing to do with...just trust me on this one.

Like I said, a grocery store (especially in an urban area) can be a gold mine. Give it a shot. And if that fails, grow a goatee, buy some non prescription reading glasses, and start hanging out in books a million.

Good luck, you nerdy bastard!
You're fucking stupid and need to shutup. Take your own advice and read the rules (OTHER THREAD DAMNIT). If multiple people tell you to shutup, fucking do it. And that shit about the ladies? Makes me want to make YOU the first person I even thought of ignoring.

You are annoying, and need to be hit by a train. P.S.- If I say that, shut the fuck up. Mock wars had a roast of me for being an annoying, fucking moron. I suggest you take the advice, and your candy ass out of here.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 5th, 2008, 06:54 AM       
@ biddy and zbf

That was very funny. Well done.
Forum Virgin
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:12 PM       
upon finding seth's myspace page through the i-mock group, I've changed my opinion. Your "friends" don't lose interest in you because of your condescending tone, Seth.. it's your hair.

edit: and ZBF, fuck off you flappy headed fuck. go get some ritalin with your universal healthcare.

Last edited by HungryWantBiddy : Jan 24th, 2008 at 02:13 PM. Reason: ZBF is a cocksucker
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 02:34 PM       
back from a ban?
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 08:04 PM       
I was voted "Best Hair" by my senior class, and on those occasions when it's been cut I have caused people to weep the bitterest of tears.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Stone Pants Rabbit
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM       
your hair is awesome, Seth....don't listen to the fucking noob...
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 11:56 AM       
Alternative thread title: Many of my interests quickly lose friends for me
Official Punching Bag
JakeOfAllTrades is probably a spambot
Old Feb 2nd, 2008, 01:54 PM       
I'm in way over my head...
Forum Virgin
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 04:58 PM       
I've changed my opinion again. It's not the hair. It's the fat. It wasn't voted "best fat" in high school...was it?