Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
Quote:
Well, to be fair, I found both Tennyson and Byron so tedious that I frequently mix up their works and biographical details.
I would have said overly self-involved over tedious, but I've no question that you chose the better description.

Quote:
Congratulations! You are the female Pub!
SUCCESS. I will celebrate by getting trashed.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
I hate poetry in general, but Tennyson's just plain beautiful

Besides, the first poem of his that I read was The Kraken, and somber moods with water imagery is really my thing
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus View Post
Wait, I actually haven't seen that episode, was it a newer one
No, it's pretty old.

It touched my heart.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:17 PM       
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
Congratulations! You are the female Pub!
If that is true then if you two ever meet it will surely be the end of the world.

But we won't have to worry about that because of the whole not-leaving-the-house thing :whew

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
I thought I saw all the older ones

I'm a goddamned failure
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:18 PM       
Well, I usually talk about theology in a historical context, so it's pointless to take it seriously outside of "NO, SHITHEAD, it's obvious that Aquinas would argue that FIFTEEN angels could dance on the end of a needle pin!"*

I do take certain realms of theology pretty seriously, but that's because it's mostly shit I made up when I was 17.

*Popular cliché often mistaken for an actual medieval debate, but actually invented by later satirists.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Ancient Mariner
I LEAVE THE HOUSE REGULARLY

to go to the publishing lab
The Power of Grayskull
Pandajuice is probably a spambot
Quote:
I REALLY doubt that you'd be much use in a discussion as to whether or not Voltaire grew alongside Candide
Probably not seeing as how I prefer to explore and discuss my own theories of the ties between freedom, religion, and the state rather than plagiarize, or compare, other people's ideas.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:19 PM       
I'm a big mythology freak, so I get involved with theology when the two bleed into each other
GET OUT
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:20 PM       
Tennyson is certainly memorable and I couldn't possibly hope to do better on the very best of my perfect days, so I'm not one to pick too much, but... Well, I've always been attached to Wordsworth.
Ancient Mariner
PJ, if you're not actually going to say anything, shutcher trap
Näyttelijäbotti!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
If that is true
It's not true, she merely said something stupid.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM       
I've actually never read much of wordsworth
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandajuice View Post
Probably not seeing as how I prefer to explore and discuss my own theories of the ties between freedom, religion, and the state rather than plagiarize, or compare, other people's ideas.
Yeah, no one but you has good ideas.
The Power of Grayskull
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:22 PM       
Quote:
I'm a big mythology freak, so I get involved with theology when the two bleed into each other
I've always preferred philisophical discussions concerning the existence of the human (or animal) soul rather than Theology. But then again, Theology can be pretty interesting if explored counter-intuitively in a philisophical manner rather than a religious one.
GET OUT
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
If that is true then if you two ever meet it will surely be the end of the world.

But we won't have to worry about that because of the whole not-leaving-the-house thing :whew
I was going to agree, but

Quote:
It's not true, she merely said something stupid.
I'm using that as evidence to the argument that we'd probably actively dislike each other.
GET OUT
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM       
Grislygus:

http://www.online-literature.com/wordsworth/2208/
The Power of Grayskull
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pub Lover View Post
Yeah, no one but you has good ideas.
People have great ideas. But why not tell me yours rather than someone else's from 200 years ago?
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:25 PM       
Quote:
Alright, I'll remind you that Isaac Newton may have had certain eccentricities that are outright stupid by modern viewers, but he was probably more intelligent than your intelligence is capable of formulating a coherent image against which you could base comparison against yourself.

Also, he wasn't really famous for being humble, either.

He said something like,
"If I have been able to see further than anyone else, it is merely because I have been standing on the shoulders of giants."

(I'll not look up the exact quote because I want to impress you with my memory of how close I came to it.)

So, yeah, saying that you ignore Voltaire because you have your own views, which I'm sure have all the uniqueness and profundity to shatter the earth, is pretty fucking stupid.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM       
Please, PJ, elaborate on these discussions
Näyttelijäbotti!
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:26 PM       
Quote:
People have great ideas. But why not tell me yours rather than someone else's from 200 years ago?
Because most of the things I hear as 'original ideas' have already been explored 200 years ago by someone much smarter & interesting than you.
Ancient Mariner
Old Apr 11th, 2008, 03:28 PM       
Whoah, where'd he say that

I'm losing track here
Ancient Mariner
Oh wait, there it is

Is he retarded
Näyttelijäbotti!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethomas View Post
"If I have been able to see further than anyone else, it is merely because I have been standing on the shoulders of giants.".
I always like the story behind that. The next letter was all "YOU'RE A MIDGET? I HAD NO IDEA! LET ME APOLOGISE PROFUSELY!"