Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 02:43 AM        So I want to buy an Mp3 Player
Ya ya ya I Pod but I'm looking for something that doesn't use gay I Tunes. I've checked out the Zune (I work at Staples so I get to check it out a lot.) and it looks pretty cool. Almost too good, like, there's got to be something sucky about this thing. Theres a Creative one I've been eying, but they're both the same price. The Zune's screen is bigger and I like the FM tuner. Anyone have any opinions? Maybe one I haven't listed here?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 04:24 PM       
The Zune's got a Wifi thing, though I'm not quite sure what the purpose is.

It can play movies, too!

Actually, I just remembered what the purpose of the Wifi is. I heard your Zune can communicate with other Zunes. I guess you can listen to other people's music.

http://www.zunescene.com/

It says you can share EVERY song gotten through third party methods, i.e. ripping a CD and such, but not every song from the Zune Marketplace.

Honestly, I'm looking at these now that I know more about them.

I had an .MP3 player, it was shit. Do not under any circumstances buy Memorex. I've had friends that have had theirs crap out on them, too.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Feb 23rd, 2007, 08:42 AM       
I've got a Samsung YP-Z5 and it's a solid player. It only comes in 2GB and 4GB flavors which are small if you have a large music collection but if you don't mind swapping albums around frequently it's not a big problem. Battery life is good and it has a swish interface.

It's hard to recommend though as it's a bit overpriced. I only really bought it out of brand loyalty and this might have been a bad decision considering how much more space you can get on similarly priced players.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 01:02 AM       
Stay the fuck away from Sandisc. They break. Alot. I had one and it locks up and gave it back. Same thing happened to two other people who had them and it happened to another but it was with an I-pod. Get the Zune.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2007, 10:28 AM       
http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/

These Zen .MP3 players look really good.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:07 PM       
can't ipods use regular mp3s as well? ;<
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:14 PM       
I am very, very sure that they can, but I-Tunes can't be used on any other .mp3 player besides the I-Pod.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 06:19 PM       
then... just don't use i-tunes?
Seizure Cloud
Divisible by Waffle is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 07:01 PM       
I have a Zen Nano Plus, and it's pretty fucking badass. If you're like me, all you'll really need is that one gigabyte...assuming, of course, you go by the standard bitrate. Though those things can only play .mp3 and .wma, so beware if you're an Ogg Vorbis faggot like me.
And the Norwegian died of laughter.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:22 PM       
one gig is around 16 hours of music at an average bitrate, or 240 songs on average. that's not a lot.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 08:58 PM       
I don't know what I'd do with 16 hours of music.
CHIEF OF POLICE
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 10:15 PM       
I would get bored because I listen to music about 3-4 hours a day -not counting driving time, and that would mean that's less than 4 days of music by my standards. plus, I have very different music moods, so I would definetly need more. 2 gigs isn't enough for me. I was considering getting the largest i-pod that has flash memory instead of a hard drive. I drop things. A lot.
Seizure Cloud
Divisible by Waffle is probably a spambot
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 07:12 PM       
There are bigger MP3 players put out by Zen; I just couldn't afford them, so I went with Nano Plus. Check out their line, though, they use flash memory and are pretty durable.

I've also heard that you can mod iPods so that they just behave like a normal MP3 player when hooked to your computer...but I don't have an iPod, so I couldn't tell you how to do that, or if whoever told me was just bullshitting.
And the Norwegian died of laughter.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2007, 02:45 AM       
Yeah, too bad you can't like take songs off and put new songs on.

I'm not even going to bother with a rolleyes, come on people.