Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 08:37 PM        New CONTRA game coming to the Nintendo DS!
Goddamn, this game looks GREAT... a truly worthy Contra sequel if I've ever seen one. Love how they've incorporated elements of the original (ie: sound effects, spread gun, exploding bridges, etc.)

Check out the video footage in my latest blog post
http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/?p=129

Last edited by Mockery : Jun 30th, 2007 at 11:19 PM.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 09:46 PM       
Killer sweet.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2007, 11:35 PM       
This whole handheld console getting the classic games thing is really pissing me off. Don't get me started on that Rondo of Blood conversion in the works.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 10:17 AM       
I read this is Nintendo Power, and it had the title: "A whole new reason to fight over who gets the spread gun". THat was the most truthful thing I've read in recent years.
I can still recall when it'd pop up, both players would jump for it, and one of us always landed on a bullet or water or something dumb.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 12:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf View Post
This whole handheld console getting the classic games thing is really pissing me off. Don't get me started on that Rondo of Blood conversion in the works.
go buy a DS and then maybe youll shut up!!
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 01:13 PM       
when is probotector 4 coming out

Official forum judge
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 12:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3 View Post
go buy a DS and then maybe youll shut up!!
My brother owns one, but I dont care for inferior handheld consoles when I could play it on the PS2. The important part here is that I don't like handheld's hogging all the good games. If he does get it, I shall play it begrudgingly.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:18 AM       
Thank you contra for not looking increasingly more like lame anime ala Castlevania.

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:34 AM       
yeah the DS is so inferior that's why it doesn't sell alot or anything everyone thinks it sucks

i mean if it sold alot of copies and was superior maybe good games would get released on it U KNOW WHA'M SAYIN
Official forum judge
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 12:50 PM       
Actually, I was refering more to how classic a series gets released on the DS, and in traditional 2D, when they could have better sound quality and have overall better attributes on a home console. Also I HATE THAT FUCKING MINI-SCREEN AND NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. IS OVERRATED.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 05:28 PM       
Wow, your views are controversial and very anti-establishment. So non-conformist and revolutionary, there must be a great mind behind the username.

(lol)
Official forum judge
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 08:29 PM       
I wasnt trying to be "nonconformist" or s "rebel": Im just obviously not that fond of handhelds. Anyways, out of respect for RoG, I'll halt my rant on this thread.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2007, 10:28 PM       
That was a rant?

Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 02:02 AM       
Sniperwulf, out of respect for me? Uh, I didn't make the new Contra game (or the Nintendo DS for that matter), so anybody taking a verbal shit on it isn't going to bother me one bit or change the fact that I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. So by all means, if you're not into it, flame away if it makes you happy. I just don't see why you'd waste your time talking about it since you seem to have no interest in the DS...
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 4th, 2007, 12:14 PM       
I for one cant fucking wait. I love these games. They take me back to a simpler time when me and the kid next door would unhook his SNES so we could play contra for hours on end on his NES.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 7th, 2007, 12:16 PM       
damn i loved contra i even got the one from the xbox live arcade. but i like more contra alien wars

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Jul 8th, 2007, 02:08 PM       
The original Contra all the way for me. Nothing like blasting aliens with a bud, and relying on the code.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:25 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
Killer sweet.
NO, NO IT IS NOT FATHOM ZERO IT IS NOT ON PSP WHAT ARE YOU THINKING IT WILL HAVE GIMMICKY TOUCH SCREEN CONTROLS CAN'T YOU SEE SOME PEOPLE LIKE SONY STILL KNOW HOW TO HAVE A GOOD TIME WITH JUST A DIGITAL PAD LIKE GOD INTENDED AM I RIGHT HOT WHEELS LEADING THE WAY
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:27 AM       
I ESPECIALLY ENJOY THE NEW PSP LITE BECAUSE IT IS LIGHTER THAN THE ORIGINAL PSP AND THAT WAS A REAL PROBLEM LET ME TELL YOU I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW GLAD I AM WE THOUGHT OF IT BEFORE THOSE FUN-RAPISTS AT NINTENDO WRESTLED ALL THE TRADITION OUT OF IT
was never good
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:28 AM       
Ironically, I really don't care too much about this game :<
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 01:24 AM       
YEHA BRO! THE PSP IS THE BE-ALL-END-ALL OF HANDHELDS THE DS TOTALLY SUCKS THATS WHY I BOUGHT ONE AND POKEMON DIAMOND AND LUNAR KNIGHTS AND METROID PRIME AND WILL PROBABLY GET THIS GAME TOO BECAUSE I HATE IT SO MUCH.

YEAH I'M A PICKY BASTARD. YES I LIKE AND DISLIKE THINGS, AND AT THE SAME TIME NO LESS.

YES I'M IGNORANT. But I don't care. Because we are obviously not on the same page.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 02:35 AM       
WHY ARE WE YELLING

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 05:05 AM       
COS YELLING IS FUN >:
Official forum judge
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 10:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Sniperwulf, out of respect for me? Uh, I didn't make the new Contra game (or the Nintendo DS for that matter), so anybody taking a verbal shit on it isn't going to bother me one bit or change the fact that I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. So by all means, if you're not into it, flame away if it makes you happy. I just don't see why you'd waste your time talking about it since you seem to have no interest in the DS...
In that case, it's more the handheld games (in general) getting most of the oldschool or 2D games under a classic series (ex Castlevania, Contra, Megaman). What really pissed me off was when announcements were made about Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, being released for the PSP, a system better known for homebrews and UMD movies (sales are declining, too) than for having decent games. Konami goes to great lengths to keep Rondo of Blood off the net (and from being downloaded properly) despite the cries of fans, and then they put it on the PSP, of all systems. I know that home console sidescrollers and 2D games are a rarity these days, but looking how Casltevania: Symphony of the Night did on probaby the most powerful home console for it's day (and even back then the sidescroller was on the decline).
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 12th, 2007, 12:47 PM       
Hahahhahahahahahah... the benefits of owning both handhelds are priceless.

Of course, I still need to get the R4DS.

EDIT: Contra Screenies!

http://ds.qj.net/E3-26-Contra-4-Scre...g/49/aid/97295