Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:41 PM        Starflight
This was at All Game today for the Genesis so I had to buy it. It even has the big book/map. Anyone remember playing this game? Space simulation that really kicks some ass.

And no, I'm not talking about Star Control. Yes that one was good too.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2007, 11:26 PM       
christ i wish i hadn't missed this thread

starflight and starflight 2 are both extremely awesome games and i am hoping the lazy slackers that are working on the (un)official freeware sequel get the fuck going on it already (and that they actually make a good game out of it )

i mean its pretty much in 2nd place behind duke nukem forever as the game that's been in dev the longest, as far as i know (the website for it's been up since dec. '97 for crime's sake)
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2007, 12:46 AM       
I remember playing an old PC game called Starflight, not sure if it's the same one or not, but it had this insane decoder wheel thing that you had to spin to get codes or some shit, and I think it may have been a map as well. It involved a lot of space exploration in a HUGE galaxy, going down on the planets and searching for minerals and shit, and everytime my friend and I ran into aliens they would kick our asses with their superior technology.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:01 AM       
that's the one. actually, i didn't realize it was out on genesis until i read this thread starflight 2 had a slightly easier protection, it used the map that came w/ the game and asked for how many of what color stars were in a certain section, and by the end of the game i didn't really need the map to answer the copy protections anymore

but they're both really great games, all the different alien races have their own distinct personalities, there's a huge overarching plot that you can (almost) completely ignore if you want, etc etc
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old May 31st, 2007, 01:17 PM       
I always thought it was an interesting game because of how HUGE in scope it seemed to be. Unfortunately, my best friend and I (we always played it together) never got very far because we kept getting our asses kicked by the aliens. It really intrigued me though. Unfortunately, I didn't own my own copy, it belonged to my best friend so I only got to play it at his house.
OH GOD
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:42 PM       
wel if you wanna play it now you can just click on this to d/l the game (ASUMING OF COURSE YOU HAVE MISPLACED THE DISKS WINK WINK) and try this just in case you have also lost your code-wheel
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 11:49 AM       
The genesis version has fancy graphics!

OH GOD
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 01:02 PM       
yeah the genesis version is a lot more action-oriented too, i was kinda surprised

it's almost an entirely different game
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Jun 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM       
from the genesis manual.

Quote:
I should've hired a more experienced crew. I should've known that testing a prototype like the Intrepid would require a better crew than my roomies at the academy.
I like how the game is huge. It really is but it does get repetitive. You can pretty much make up your own story but there is an objective. The difficulty is decent for this type of game. I've played a 15 hour (or so) continue with barely getting anywhere story-wise.

I'm only a virgin island.

Bluddy is probably a spambot
Old Nov 27th, 2007, 01:03 AM        BEST SciFi game of its time!
Rargh did I ever love Starflight for the Genesis... When I was a kid I didn't care about the story or the objective, it was just really cool to check out new worlds, aliens, and mine for stuff. I recently tried out the PC versions, which to my surprise sucked terribly in comparison... Starflight for the Genesis was released by EA wasn't it? Thats back when EA made/distributed decent games... before all the madden love.

Has anyone beat this genesis classic? I did once, but it was only because of a internet walkthrough.. I don't think any of us as young kids could have accomplished the mission at hand.

I'd have to say though, if there was a supreme "underrated game" of all time, it'd have to be this one. Starflight forever.

-Bluddy