Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:28 PM        SNL DVD I AM MAKING
Every week I Tivo SNL and I save the good sketches and here is what is on the DVD i am making so far

ps also talk about other good stand-out snl sketches because as we know snl is mostly shit but sometimes theres great things on it

Toonces The Cat Who Could Drive a Car
This is the primetime special, and i got it from a home video. It is all mostly new Jack Handey sketches and they all rule. Bob Odenkirk, Dave Foley, Kevin McDonald, Joe Flaherty, Andrea Martin, and others are on it. This is an awesome show and one of the better things SNL has produced.

American Profiles (Feb 9, 1985)
A short film by Chris Guest about two jokeshop owners who go to baseball fantasy camp. The films durring the 84-85 season were awesome.

A.D. 13, Part V, A New Beginning/Jackie Rogers Jr.'s $100,000 Jackpot Wad (April 6, 1985)
The first sketch is basically just a string of celebrity impressions staring in an NBC movie of the week that takes place in Ancient Rome. The second one is Martin Short doing his Jackie Rogers Jr. hosting a gameshow. Billy Crystal does his fucking Sammy Davis Jr. that he STILL fucking does but it still manages to not fuck up the sketch. It's mostly because of Chris Guest as a dense, fruity gameshow contestant. The description sounds like its kind of a bad sketch but I think its hilarious

Alice In Wonderland/TV Funhouse: "Disney's Titey" (April 4, 1997)
The Alice In Wonderland sketch is so great. That's the one with Steve Buscemi as the mad hatter. He and the other mad guests boast about how crazy they are. The others say things like "I wear socks on my hands and gloves on my feet!" and he says stuff like "I wash my hands 100 times a day because they smell like my mother!" Buscemi is fucking wonderful in the sketch, he must have loved doing it. The TV Funhouse is a disneyfied version of the Titanic and I'm pretty sure they cut it out of the 1 hour rerun. Too bad because it is also funny. But I pretty much save all the TV Funhouse segments.

Debbie Downer (May 1, 2004)
Probably one of SNL's biggest fuck-up sketch. I haven't seen one that's worse than this, anyway. Want to have fun with this sketch again? Watch it and watch the background actors the whole time. It's great, it makes the whole sketch even weirder. The background actors maintain and stay realistic, while all the real stars fuck up.

TV Funhouse: "Ambigously Gay Duo" (May 5, 1998)
This is a pretty typical Ambigously Gay Duo cartoon, but like I said I save all the TV Funhouse sketches regardless

Bloater Brothers (May 15, 2004)
Fuck you I like this sketch

Eych/Amazing Time Savers (May 15, 1994)
Eych is a commercial for a hairball remover and also a parody of Meow Mix commercials and its funny. The Amazing Time Savers sketch is the one where Heather Locklear compares competor's prices to the holocaust being a lie in an infomercial. A lof of people remember that sketch, but its kinda long and could be better. But I liked it enough to put it on this DVD.

Majestic Caribbean Cruise Line/Inhibited Dance Party USA/Something Smells Good in Stinkville, Parts One, Two, and Three (April 9, 1994)
Majestic Caribean Cruise is a fake commercial that advertises a cruiseline that features Manute Bol. It's fantastic. Inhibited Dance Party is one of the sketches that gets cut from the hour long version. It's a dance party show with people who are really inhibited and its funny. Something Smells Good in Stinkville is for some reason, a sketch that drove me insane with it's logic. Parts 2 & 3 get cut from the one-hour show. Basically its about a town that smells and its way of life being changed when a good smell appears one day. The townsfolk are scared of the good smell. It's really not that clever but when they showed it I started reading into way too much and thinking about the logic and for some reason I thought it was really complicated. Also Kelsey Grammer breaks up in part two while smelling his cat's ass, and thats always good.

Flex/Comic Minds (May 2, 1998)
Flex is that commercial about the deoderant that has steroids in it. I like it. Comic Minds is a sketch that gets cut. It's an interview show and their guests are a comedy team that followed in Cheech and Chong's footsteps, except their comedy was based on PCP. This seriously cracked me up more than anything else in the episode. Why did it get cut?

huond is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:34 PM       
i want to see those cut from cc reruns skitches ps. Titey wasn't cut from the reruns

toonces special should be released on dvd so i can fucking see it.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 25th, 2004, 09:43 PM       
I thought the precious moments and the frozen caveman lawyer sketches were ok

There was a sketch were these two guys kept switching professions. One became a janitor for a while and the other ran the company. It wasn't bad

Rip Phil Hartman
ProfessorCool is probably a spambot
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:35 PM       
I gotta have more cowbell.

Old May 25th, 2004, 11:50 PM       
jixby, is this the primetime special??
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 25th, 2004, 11:53 PM       
I have no dates for these, sorry.

-The Geoffrey's sketch, where the gay guy from Will & Grace and Jimmy Fallon work at a chic clothing store. It was a recurring sketch, but this one was the best because they fucked up and started laughing when Will Ferral entered.

-The Harry Potter sketch, where Lindsey Lohan is Hermione. Not so much funny, as it is masturberiffic.

-Deitre's dream. Mike Meyer's German character has a dream where he meets a woman named Exclamation Point.

-The commercial for Homocil: The pill for parents who can handle that their children might be gay.

I wish SNL were still in reruns. Comedy Central replaced it with Mad TV, and E! was supposed to air reruns every night. But for some reason, they don't carry SNL anymore either.
Mocker
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:10 AM       
HUOND YES IT IS

and the reason E! doesn't show SNL anymore is because they made a special called like "25 CRAZIEST MOMENTS OF SNL" or something like that and apparently they needed permission to use SNL for this special and E! got pissed or something and they won't show it.

Something like that.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 26th, 2004, 12:16 AM       
Well that's fucking gay. :/

SOMEONE needs to show SNL reruns again. Everyone always bitched about there being so many reruns of it on Comedy Central, but now what do we get? I see the same episodes of Mad TV three times a week. At least the SNL episodes were always different, and a lot funnier.

And I'd be able to remember more sketches. OH! Tobey McGuire (spelled wrong, I'm sure), playing Screech on Inside the Actor's Studio.
Mocker
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:49 AM       
I hate the comedy central reruns because they cut shit. I always see sketches that are hilarious but get cut. The NBC reruns are the only ones I mess with. Plus the NBC reruns don't favor the 90's reruns as much as the comedy central ones do. I never got to sample each era untill I started watching the NBC reruns.

Old May 26th, 2004, 04:22 PM       
I remember a skitch with Ben Affleck called "Who wants to be groped by an eleven-thousand-aire?" being really hilarious I was mad when it was cut from reruns. I seem to remember someone being somehow linked to the upright citizens brigade writing that one.

I wish NBC would air reruns of classic SNL here. Instead we get a new syndicated show every couple years. For a while it was that James Brolin fighter pilot show, then it was Relic Hunter, and I have no idea what it is now.

btw, E! got mad because Lorne Michaels sued them. :/
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2004, 05:52 PM       
"Comic Minds"

Is that the one where all they say is "I got the ice in me man?" and "God is crushing me" for like 5 minutes straight on their album? I love that sketch.

You need the sketch with Chris Guest and Harry Shear as olympic contestants in male synchonized swimming.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2004, 06:04 PM       
- The Canadian Global network is showing the 1976-77 season throughout the week at 1:05am ET.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:46 PM       
The whole episodes generally suck, that's the problem with SNL; only one, two if lucky, sketches are good per show. Even the "classic" seasons suck pretty hard. I watched an episode from the second or third season and it was brutal.
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 26th, 2004, 07:55 PM       
You also need at least one Brian Fellow sketch.

Oh, and "Spot the Black People at the Basketball Game." That was fucking hilarious.
Mocker
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:28 PM       
Well if they air them and I record them i'll put them on

And yes that is the Comic Minds sketch.

I used to have a tape of good SNL sketches, but a lot of them weren't THAT good. I've gotten higher standards since then. Plus, they are crap quality from me trying to edit them on my VCR.

I wish some station showed FULL reruns, on a daily basis, in order.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old May 26th, 2004, 08:29 PM       
what program do you use to make these, if any
Mocker
Old May 26th, 2004, 09:02 PM       
I use my Panasonic DMR-E50 DVD Recorder which is currently broken at the moment.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:57 PM       
You should put the "Cluckin' Chicken" sketch on it. That's classic.
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:13 PM       
well if it airs

STOP TELLING ME WHAT I SHOULD PUT ON THIS DVD AS IF I HAVE ACCESS TO EVERY SNL SKETCH
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:13 PM        Re: SNL DVD I AM MAKING
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
ps also talk about other good stand-out snl sketches because as we know snl is mostly shit but sometimes theres great things on it
Mocker
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:49 PM       
THAT DOESN'T MEAN "TELL ME WHAT TO PUT ON THIS DVD AS IF I HAVE ACCESS TO EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE SKETCH"
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 29th, 2004, 11:46 PM       
Rerun of Ben Affleck hosting, and there's a sketch of them making fun of Gigli.
Mocker
Old May 30th, 2004, 02:07 AM       
BE STILL MY BEATING HEART

the 3 AM rerun is from that classic Kattan/Gasteyer/Oteri/Bruer era

Code:
97c  Brendan Fraser / Bjork

cold: in her bedroom, girlish Janet Reno (WIF) fantasizes about Clinton (DAH)
COMM: Lemon Glow floor cleaner convinced wild (MOS) to settle in suburbia
show: fight between Xena (MOS) & Urswina (host) contains hints of lesbianism
show: Issues- stoners (host) & Jeff (JMB) lose focus when topic's not legal pot
skit  Margaret Jo & Terry talk gourds with controversial squash expert (host)
FILM: Golords beat robots but fail to save NYC from Bill Gates' nuclear warhead
show: Frank Gifford (DAH) mixes NFL & personal matters; Eric Dickerson cameo
skit: Colette Reardon explains her medication needs to pharmacist (host)
news: Harry Caray's (WIF) World Series analysis mostly deals with team mascots
song: musical guest performs "Bachelorette"
show  Biography- Jack Perkins (DAH) drinks during Courtney Love (MOS) profile
skit  (host) becomes obsessed with enigmatic male stripper Mango (CHK)
COMM  Shark Channel programming only partially reflects network's implied focus
misc  creeped-out cast watches as host sings about his new best friend WIF
items lacking a : are the sketches cut from syndication.
Mocker
Old May 30th, 2004, 02:12 AM       
I got the above info from this website. It is a fantastic resource:

http://www.io.com/~serpas/snl.html
Mocker

James sucks
Old May 30th, 2004, 04:14 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
BE STILL MY BEATING HEART
It wasn't so much the premis of the sketch, but the fact that it involved retards. Pretty much any sketch involving retards is great.