Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

derrida is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 01:17 AM        Nuclear power
utterly inefficient, unprofitable (to investors, at least), propped up with billions in subsidies every year, object of a massive pr campaign and political lobby to brand it as "green"

your thoughts?
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 01:22 AM       
So is it just American nuclear energy you have a problem with?

France generates up to 75% of its electricity from nuclear energy. They also, btw, happen to be the world's largest exporter of electricity, and pull in a lot of $$$ from it. LINK
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 08:16 AM       
Oh, I thought this was going to be about the power you have when you have nukes. That would have been better.

Umm... I like it better than coal? I mean, maybe it's not as utterly efficient as wind power, but I guess it's a bit safer for birds, right? Solar... Now that's profitable and utterly efficient! Yeah, I guess if you look at the fact that neither solar nor wind power are propped up with billions in subsidies every year, then add to that the fact that solar and wind power equipment is manufactured solely with natural products like hemp and organic wheat straw, making them truly green energy sources, then nuclear power really does start to look sucky.

Y'know what? I say we just go without energy altogether.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2007, 09:58 AM       
I hear in Papua New Guinea they use the hamster and wheel method. It's totally Green friendly, and it does wonders for the little hamster's calf muscles!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 05:00 AM       
I just carry a cup and a long tube around in my underpants and store natural gases to light my furnace with
fuck you guys im harvesting my asshole try to beat that.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 10:55 AM       
I heard pretty much anybody that wants to can "harvest your asshole."

You should make a movie and call it "A Convenient Poot."

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2007, 05:08 PM       
yea right like i would let just anyone plot the resources of my ass for someone all into that market strategy bullshit you don't understand simple ideas like that my god man
ill give you a convenient poot in your face buddy and that's why it'd be convenient for me for comedic and insulting purposes
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 09:29 AM       
You guys forgot about the greatest, purest power of all.

White Power.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 27th, 2007, 10:05 AM       
I never forget about that.

Nuclear power wil never appeal to me until people realistically confront the problem of Nuclear waste.

It piles up and it stays dangerous for multiple generations. There may not be any technology to store it safely and nobody wants you transporting waste to whatever site is selected to use the best tech available.

Every argument for Nuclear power I've ever read tapdances around the waste issue or just pretends it isn't part of the equation.