Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:37 AM        Almost as bad as the 'body language' line
"I'd like to also go to Afghanistan. And, by the way, the reports from Afghanistan, at least the ones I get, are very encouraging. You know, we've got people who have been there last year and have been back this year report a different attitude. And they report people have got a sparkle in their eye. And women now all of a sudden no longer fear the future but believe that we're there to stay the course and we will help a free society emerge."
-W in remarks to the press on June 1'st

A 'sparkle in their eye'? They report 'peopele have got a sparkle in their eye'?

A fucking SPARKLE in their fucking EYE?!?

Lets not even get to women being unafraid, it can be hrd to see the sparkle in their eye through the slit in the Burkha many of them still feel compelled to wear, but now we're assessing how we're doing in Afghanistan by the fucking degree of SPARKLE in their collective EYE?!? Who does W think he's talking to, I don't know which is concievably worse, him thinking the press nd through them the people are this damn stupid or if he's this damn stupid, I mean JESUS CHRIST, THE SPARKLE IN THEIR EYE?!?

How about the spring in their step, what might that say about how much of the country Charzai actually controls? How about the cut of their jib, I think that could be very helpful in determining which warlords have the most sway. Maybe if we looked into the incidence of carefree laughter amongst Afghani children it would tell us if Osama is still in Afghanistan, who knows, a careful report on the Jaunty tilt of their hats might reveal the extent to which Opium Poppy farming once more props up their economy.

The sprkle in their eye, ladies and gentleman. The fucking sparkle in their fucking eye.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:58 AM       
I like this one, too:

"And, by the way, the reports from Afghanistan, at least the ones I get, are very encouraging."

After all, he's the president. There's only so much information that he can get.
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:07 PM       
Are you guys really surprised? This is a man who admits to never reading the newspaper, and who had never travelled overseas before he became president. It is no wonder he has a simpleton's two-dimensional view of the world. Your country is being run by Forrest Gump, only without the charming home-spun aphorisms!
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 12:18 PM       
Max's reaction to that quote just about made me spit coke all over my monitor.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:22 PM       
It's just the language, Jesus jimminy Christ, the SPARKLE IN THEIR EYES! My God, I wouldn't talk to a third grader like that about world affairs.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 02:46 PM       
Here's a story that's hard to believe. Doctirs without borders are hardly what you'd call feint of heart. Their eyes almost always sparkle.

Aid workers are finding it hard to operate in a nation grappling with poverty and violence.

PARIS, France (CNN) -- The global relief group Medecins Sans Frontiers, or Doctors Without Borders, has suspended its operations in Afghanistan after a deadly attack on its workers.

The decision to pull out temporarily for "security reasons" came after five MSF workers were shot dead in an ambush in the worst attack on the aid community since the fall of the Taliban.

Three aid workers -- a Dutch man, a Belgian woman and a Norwegian man -- and two Afghan men -- a driver and translator -- were killed in an ambush in the northern part of the country on Wednesday.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 04:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
I like this one, too:

"And, by the way, the reports from Afghanistan, at least the ones I get, are very encouraging."

After all, he's the president. There's only so much information that he can get.
He doesn't like to be bothered by those pesky intellignece and security meetings.

And Max ... stupid is as stupid speaks.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 09:30 PM       
What else should we expect from a man who judged the passage of time by the position of his dog on the floor?

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT