Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 01:08 AM        What's it called?
http://raggamofyn.deviantart.com/art...rior-116454609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
What would you call the fascination with architecture like this? Metro-punk, after Metropolis? Movies like the Hudsucker Proxy and that '20s - '50s monolithic styling have all been more appealing to me than Steampunk or Cyberpunk or anything like that. I don't think I'm the first to have loved it so. Enlighten me.
I've never had an art or architecture class, so I'd appreciate it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 01:26 AM       
Maybe Beaux-Arts?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 12:19 PM       
Nevermind; it's art deco. Duh.

I just needed the right name. Bioshock would also be a good example of it.
http://www.decopix.com/New%20Sit...ouses_dir.html

I forkin' love this stuff.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 02:47 PM       
Ah yeah! Douglas Adams used it in his game Starship Titanic.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 05:49 PM       
God, that's a game I haven't heard of in a while. My ex played it once but never did much with it.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 05:52 PM       
I never played it but I was always tempted to because of the architecture in the game was said to be absolutely beautiful. I should try to buy it online.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2009, 03:30 AM       
aghhhh I love this style so much, it gives you a good feeling at the end of the day.