Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 08:41 PM        I think I like Phish
Is this bad?

Something about liking 25-minute long pointless jams while not on pot probably says a lot about someone.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 09:30 PM       
maybe you should stop giving a shit about what other people think of your music and just enjoy it?
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 10:35 PM       
Yes but if you hadn't noticed I'm neurotically insecure about my musical tastes and I just want a forewarning before I alienate myself in a social situation by saying "I like Phish!" is all

Mocker
Old Nov 12th, 2007, 11:01 PM       
Just don't be one of those kids that uses Pitchfork as a bible and is more worried about the social ramifications of music than whether it sounds good or not
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM       
i couldnt even listen to phish smoking pot, it's just awful music
Mocker
Old Nov 14th, 2007, 10:35 PM       
I'm not really into phish, but I can dig the jam bands. I think I have a string cheese incident album downloaded somewhere, and I got one of the Live bonaroo cd's on my ipod. It's 2 cds and only half the bands on it are actually jam bands, but it is a good none the less.
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 02:21 PM       
Phish just seems so very laid-back and goofy, which I really like. I've been into prog lately and a lot of it is pretty good, but most of those bands take themselves so goddamn seriously I find it hard to get into a lot of it. I liked Phish immediately and I haven't liked anything immediately since I got into Zappa.

Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 02:43 PM       
go listen to some six finger satellite
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 03:27 PM       
YES

Or Wire

I used to hate Phish because their cover of "Roses Are Free" was so fucking terrible, but their other stuff isnt that bad i guess. I cant really put down Trey as a guitar player, his stuff in Oysterhead is pretty good.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Nov 18th, 2007, 11:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Yes but if you hadn't noticed I'm neurotically insecure about my musical tastes and I just want a forewarning before I alienate myself in a social situation by saying "I like Phish!" is all
Just ask people if they like Phish. If they say no say no, they say yes say me too.

Or you could get over it and not give a shit. Cause if you ask the question and you both say yes they could say "I FUCKING KNEW IT, YOU FAGGOT" and hate you forever. So just get on a big Phish shirt, and listen to it with pride.
Danskjävlar!
Mintrude is probably a spambot
Old Nov 20th, 2007, 01:17 PM       
Maybe I should check 'em out. I've ended up judging them on their vile flavour of Ben & Jerry's.
Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2007, 11:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob3 View Post
i couldnt even listen to phish smoking pot, it's just awful music
Ditto.

But you know what, Esuohlim? If you like Phish, good for you. If some gnarly hipsters want to put you down, fuck 'em, you know what I mean? I used to be one of them, but these days I have better things to do.