Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:03 AM        Bad Religion concert last night
Saw Bad Religion last night at the Norva in Norfolk, VA. Damned good show as expected. It's so funny seeing guys their age blowing away all of the younger bands. BR just has so much more energy and the crowd was going nuts, security couldn't contain 'em. Got to see 'em for free too, so that definitely didn't hurt.

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 11:24 AM       
excellent. I have only seen em on the shitty ass warped tour. They were the best, except maybe death by stereo, but then again they are hard to compare especially when BR played the big ass stage and DBS played a really small one with about 100 people around .

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 03:09 PM       
I'm seeing them this Saturday at the Vic in Chicago! I think this'll be like the 11th time.

What were some of the songs they played? Any b-sides or ones that they don't normally play?

God, I can't fucking wait.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Pickled Patriarch
Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:33 PM       
They actually played Struck A Nerve (possibly my favorite song of theirs) which was a real treat, and they even played All Good Soldiers (which was perfect considering what's going on in Iraq). Then they played plenty of their usual old hits along with a bunch of their new tracks including "The Defense" which is one of my faves on the new album.

Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 04:45 PM       
One last stupid question, Mock. I know it's doubtful, but was Brett there?

I dunno, as long as they play "Generator", "Skyscraper", and "Kyoto Now", I'll be satisfied.

Quote:
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 04:13 AM       
Bad Religion is a band I really want to see live, but everytime they come near where I live i'm broke... The last time I had money for a concert, was when I went to see Colonel Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Briggade when they played in Eureka last year.
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Apr 24th, 2003, 03:14 PM       
Ahh yes, seeing Graffin and the rest of the crew last year was one of my gig highlights! Best of all, it was a Monday school night so there weren't many kids there (not even close to selling out the 3000 or so venue - Less Than Jake sold out the same venue no problem) - and what kids were there were squidgy enough to beat up in the mosh pit no problem too.

Did they play Infected, Rog?

Old Apr 26th, 2003, 12:01 AM       
Dear fucking christ! The show is tomorrow, and I'm gonna be honest. I can hardly contain myself. This may be #11, but still...every fucking time, it's like the first time I've seen them, all over again.

All I know is they'd BETTER fucking play "Man With A Mission".

Quote:
Pickled Patriarch
Old Apr 26th, 2003, 12:17 AM       
They played it at the show I just saw...

Old Apr 27th, 2003, 02:42 PM       
They played it!!!

Oh, man, they were inCREDIBLE! I've got bruises all across my chest from the barricade, and I caught one of Greg Hetson's picks.

And it was only the second time I've ever seen them play "Inner Logic", possibly my favourite song off Stranger Than Fiction, besides "Tiny Voices", of course.

Quote:
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 01:27 AM       
I saw them in Atlanta about a year ago with Hot water Music (yippie) and Less than Jake (UMMMM yeah). And It was kick ass! I had a fucking blast untill I got rammed by a big ass and my nose started bleeding. Although it didnt really bleed all that long and I had some guy next to me to wipe it off.

But godamn that was a blast. I was dehydrated, stinky, tired, and sore but I loved it.

And nice little Bad Religion lyric on your Nintendo Good, Bad, and Ugly thingy ma-bob!

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2003, 04:38 AM        Yup
I saw them on the first two nights of the tour in Cali. The second night was better than the first actually. Strangely enough, I've been into "punk" for ten years but never really got into BR. Wasn't even that familiar with too much of their stuff, although I did dig POB. So anyway, I decided to go because a friend of mine was bringing a girl with big boobs so I couldn't say no.

Anyway, they blew me the fuck away. I came home and pirated about four hours of music. Anyway, Im with you Mock, even now they blow away a lot of younger bands. I can only imagine what it must have been like to see them 10 years ago.