Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 02:02 PM        Weekly Game Review: Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Game Review: Psi Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy.
Sapper Whacker
JJ_Maniac is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 04:02 PM       
MAN! it's good to finally be a member after reading this site for three years. ANYWAYS, I really agree with this review. I've recently played the game, and there is nothing better to relieve steam than setting people on fire and saying "HAHAHAHA! That's for hitting me on the heels with your cart in the supermarket!". Ragdolls help the game so much to make it entertaining. On the whole, spot on review!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 04:03 PM       
the theme song of this awesome game still resounds in my head "with my mind"
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 04:54 PM       
Ragdoll physics are really fun, in this game or any (launching your guy out the windshield in GTA is always a good source of amusement). And taking over enemies' bodies = complete win.

Glad to see a review for this one, as (if anything else) it could mean that a Psychonauts review is coming soon (pretty please?)
Sapper Whacker
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 05:00 PM       
If you want to see a horrible game, rent "Driver", or as pretentious people refer to it, "Driv3r". It's really just a cheap retread of GTA, where, if you run a traffic light, cops get out of cars and shoot you. Also, driving on the wrong side of the road evoke police helicopters. Also Also, they've introduced undercover cops, or as I refer to them, "F*KING CHEAPSHOTTERS". Seriously, one out of every 3 people is an "undie" cop and seems to have an uzi and a handgun somewhere in that trenchcoat, or skintight "whoresuit".
Suicidal Chipmunk
JJ the Jetplane is probably a spambot
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 11:13 PM       
I reakky really really realy love this game, I've owned it for a few years now, and i agree completely with everythung you've said. One other thing that annoys me are those third level soldiers in the mech suits...you know, the ONLY enemy in the game that can't be lifted with telekinesis.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2008, 11:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ_Maniac View Post
If you want to see a horrible game, rent "Driver", or as pretentious people refer to it, "Driv3r".
they're not being pretentious they're talking about the third installment in the game, also known as Driver 3 stop being a dumb
Forum Virgin
Viteh is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 04:02 AM       
I have owned this game for some years now, but let me tell you that the ability to mind control a guard, have him shoot his comrades and then having him get down on his knees and kill himself never gets old. Canīt help but grin with satisfaction every time I do it.
Scruffy drunken Brit
Fat Ugly Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 05:36 AM       
I never got round to playing this game, but ragdoll physics are indeed magnificent.

I was playing Max Payne 2 and trying out a free sampler CD I'd got with a magazine. I was on the level at the construction site when I got shot to fuck and fell to my death smashing on many metal girders in slow motion while some miserable as fuck song by, I dunno, My Dying Bride was playing. Not only was Max's ragdoll slow motion plummet funny as fuck, but the miserable falling to death song was just the icing on the cake.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 12:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ the Jetplane View Post
One other thing that annoys me are those third level soldiers in the mech suits...you know, the ONLY enemy in the game that can't be lifted with telekinesis.
You actually could lift them, but you had to set them on fire first for some reason. Still a pain, though.

Sapper Whacker
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 05:45 PM       
To executioneer:
I meant the people in the game stores who say to me "Have you seen this new game, Drthreever?" I meant people like that but you're right, I coulda been more clear
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 09:40 PM       
Yeah, the gameplay was absolutely epic, but the characters, plot, and dialogue sucked terribly. To the point that it was funny. My personal favorite part was tossing the technicians or scientists or whatever the blue guys were into the incinerator in the beginning.
Big Red Cat
Roggs is probably a spambot
Old Jun 11th, 2008, 09:46 PM       
Great game. Excellent use of ragdoll physics. Needs a sequel BADLY.
Wrench Jockey
cthulhu257 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 09:00 AM       
Outstanding game. Probably, in my opinion, the biggest problem with the game would be the co-op, though. Honestly, what were they thinking, making one person move and the other shoot/ use psi power?