Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 08:03 AM        Magical Chernobyl Water!
ARE YOU READY FOR A MIR-A-CULL-UH?

So I saw this televangelist on TV this morning, and he was hawking "miracle water". Apparently a "pastor" in Russia (are there a lot of "pastors" there?) was guided by God to a miracle spring during the Chernobyl disaster, and when his flock drank the water, God protected them from the radiation. He even made sure they had plenty of canned goods. Of course, God gave everyone else cancer, because they were too dumb to drink from the spring.

You could get a ketchup-sized packet of this miracle water FOR FREE by signing up with the ministry. They keep saying it's free, although I've read elsewhere that the water only works if you follow detailed instructions, which of course include sending the guy money.

Then they went on and on about all the people that this water cured. One woman who was supposedly a terminal cancer patient was touched by the televangelist and capered around the church to show that she was HEALED-uh. Another woman said that she'd been in a car accident, had back pain and screws in her ankle, and after using the water it was "all gone!". What was gone? The screws?

Another guy said he drank the water and suddenly had a new house, new car and new wife. Maybe the water gave him amnesia.

I just hope for everyone's sake that this is harmless tapwater from somewhere in the US and not real Chernobyl water.

I hate televangelists.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 01:51 PM       
so the spring water is radioactive or just miraculous ?

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I just hope for everyone's sake that this is harmless tapwater from somewhere in the US and not real Chernobyl water.
I don't. I'd like to think that'd it'd just be another form of natural selection. People who are stupid enough drink the irradiated water and die while the intelligent ones don't and survive.

And people who secretly loathe themselves can drink it too. Do they have a website?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 02:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
I don't. I'd like to think that'd it'd just be another form of natural selection. People who are stupid enough drink the irradiated water and die while the intelligent ones don't and survive.

And people who secretly loathe themselves can drink it too. Do they have a website?
This is 100% true.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 06:04 PM       
There's a link at the bottom of the wikipedia page. It says WARNING- SOUND!, so be forewarned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff

Ordinarily I would agree with the natural selection theory, but that's easy enough to say when you're healthy. If you're just home from getting a terminal diagnosis at the doctor's and you're more scared than you've ever been, I could see the vulnerability. Or your well-meaning grandma drinking in the miracle water in hopes that something good will happen to you. I don't know why this guy didn't disappear for good after Randi exposed him.

Edited to add: in that article I first posted, they interview a woman who sent him a total of $350 over the course of...I think it was a year. The "free" water only works if you keep it under your pillow, drink it first thing in the morning, then write him a check for $17. He sends you some miracle salt, which you're supposed to eat over the course of a week. Then, if you send him $35, a miracle will happen. And so on.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 24th, 2009, 06:33 PM       
Why do you always have to bring me down?
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 06:48 PM       
I seem to have that effect on people

I'm just giving all that as reasons why idiots like this Popoff guy need to be taken out back and removed from society.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 08:34 PM       
Reminds me a bit about those pads you put on your feet at night and they allegedly drained the "toxins" from your body as you slept. They were proven to operate pretty much on the placebo concept.

I'm guessing that's what this is, ordinary water. Yes, ordinary water laced with LSD.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 08:49 PM       
ZQ! STOP THIS SILLY NONSENSE OR I WON'T RAPE YOU ONE DAY!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 10:11 PM       
Awesome. Drink from the radioactive spring, and then give me all of your money.

Kit, you do make me laugh.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 10:19 PM       
I was thinking that it was very much like one of those "let's see what I can get people to do" experiments.

"Hm, I wonder if I could.....I know! I'll get people to drink water from Chernobyl and then send me money! Oh my God, they're actually doing it!"
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 10:42 PM       
There's a quest with a similar idea to this in Fallout 3 :O

Edit: Two, actually. One where they sell the water as miraculous, and another where they sell irradiated water (they claim it's filled with "holy light") that kills people.

THIS GUY IS A THIEF!

That was very funny. Well done.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
I was thinking that it was very much like one of those "let's see what I can get people to do" experiments.

"Hm, I wonder if I could.....I know! I'll get people to drink water from Chernobyl and then send me money! Oh my God, they're actually doing it!"
I personally think an advert in the Examiner (a supermarket tabloid).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Examiner
JESUS IS HERE
Tired of money-mad ministers physicians? Free, drugless urine cures all ills, increases energy and intelligence, and is prescribed in the Bible...Due to its immuno-genetic qualities, urine is the only antidote for nuclear radiation... If you are not fully convinced that the course heralds the Second Coming of Christ, return it in perfect condition for a full refund...
Apparently the course cost seventy-five dollars. I guess if a person pays that much for Jesus urine, it can't take too much to raise their intelligence. Anything's higher than zero I mean...
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jun 24th, 2009, 11:38 PM       
Oh fuck, not him again. He's been exposed as the fraud that he was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zl3I5y4cZc
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 08:31 AM       
Is the water free though? And is it actual Chernobyl water? I want some. It would be cool to have.

I wonder if I could get it off of e-bay?
teacup of sunshine
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 09:12 AM       
The initial water is free, I think. And then if you want God to make it work, you actually have to send money to Popoff.
Is a RoboCop.

Old Jun 26th, 2009, 04:44 PM       
There are still people who live in some of the suburbs of Chernobyl. The water mains are above ground because of the fallout that was absorbed by the soil. They have tours, you could just go on vacation and ask some Ukrainian woman for a drink of water.

http://www.tourchernobyl.com/chernobyltour/
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 06:43 AM       
Quote:
I'm guessing that's what this is, ordinary water. Yes, ordinary water laced with LSD.