Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:23 PM        Sleater-Kinney Sacramento show.
OMG this was the best ever! Just as we were parking our car we saw Janet and Carrie walk by! I had this painting that I was going to give to Carrie so I ran out of the car and yelled out her name, kind of scaring her and handed it to her. She said something to the extent of oh cool, this is good. YAY! My friend Kira got a picture of them getting into their car :stalker. I think that they were leaving to go get some dinner. So the S-K posse got into line and hung out for what seemed like forever. I was so excited. Once inside I bought a brown tee that has a lighter brown Koala and say's sleater-kinney on it. It's probably the coolest S-K shirt that I own! I also got this cool set of buttons that has 4 buttons. Each one has one of the members holding a Koala on it, and the forth says Sleater-Kinney on it. I also got a pink "one beat" sticker for my car, which makes it my third sticker for the car. After this I ran down to the stage and was in about the second closest row of people. The opening band was the Black Keys. Two guys from Ohio, very good blues rock. I would definitly consider buying their CD. After that it was major sleater-kinney time. They said some funny stuff, but were kind of mean to Sacramento since they didn't want to play here but their booking agent schedualed it. They asked if there were any local bands and some guy yelled out "THE BEATLES!" Pure Sacramento. I thought that it was hillarious. After the show we hung around and we got to meet Janet and take a picture with her. She gave my friend one of her drum sticks cause today is my friends birthday (she's turning 18!) Then the security people made us go out side. We then hung around the back door and luckily got to meet Carrie :swoon I gave her a note with my name and address and appologizing for accosting her in the parking lot. I also got a picture with her. We also took a picture of the band hiding behind stage after the show, it should be funny. I will post all of these once Kira gets them developed. But I did write down the set list!

Sleater-Kinney set list 2/5/03-Sacramento, Colonial Theater

1. O2
2. Oh!
3. One Beat
4. Turn it up
5. Light-rail Coyote
6. Stay where you are
7. Memorize your lines
8. The Remainder
9. You're no rock and roll fun
10. Get Up
11. Fight Song
12. Youth Decay
13. New song? I didn't know this one, it had the line "don't drag me down" in it, over and over again
14. Sympathy
15. Hollywood Ending
16. Jam and Janet's drum solo
17. Words + Guitar
18. Step Aside
-encore
19. Fortunate Son
20. Call the Doctor
21. Jam
22. Dig me out

*note: I copied this down, so I might have fucked up at one point

YOU GUYS ARE DOING GREAT
Rez is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 06:39 PM       

that would be funny is if she actually wrote to you...
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 07:15 PM       
I really doubt that she will. I just gave her the address so she would know that I'm from Davis and that she has fans in this area. But if she wrote me a letter I wouldn't mind at all.

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 10:42 PM       
Sounds like you had a great time! And what a good set list! Though it would have been better if they'd played "One More Hour".

And that's cool that you got to meet them! I hope you hear from Carrie!
Old Feb 9th, 2003, 08:56 PM       
Thanks. I was hoping that they would play "Little Babies," but I heard that's what they opened their show the previous night with.

REMEMBER, PICTURES COMING SOON.

Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2003, 01:17 PM       
I want to play guitar with a Carrie Brownstein-esque swagger.

Anyway, the Toronto show was good. It could have been great, if not for the crappy snowstorm that Sleater Kinney had to travel through to get to the gig, something which no doubt made them knackered, and the detached, 'cooler-than-thou' Toronto scenesters who refused to dance even when Carrie and Janet implored those arrogant fucks to move their booties. SK ended up playing only two songs in the encore, an occurence I blame on the general non-responsiveness of the hipster shits in the crowd.

Fuck, Toronto has the worst audiences on the planet for shows. I HATE THIS FUCKIN' CITY!