Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 10:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
If god exists, the answer to all the hollocaust questions is simple.

God created us and gave us free will, besides that we kinda killed his son. Now I have no children but I think I'd be a little more than pissed off if you killed my kid.

yeah, that's the answer...

mozz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM       
I am agnostic. Whos knows? He might be a neutrul god, showing both good and evil. Or maybe there is a next world, after death. Or maybe there isnt anygod. At this moment nobody knows. But alot of people use god in a phycological term, using him as hope. Hoping he will answer their prayers.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:44 AM       
if god is real, then he's an asshole. why would he let me go to hell?? he should just get off his lazy immortal ass and go kill satan already! then we wouldnt have to worry about sins. it would also be pretty selfish, having us worship him like we do. interesting topic: would a clone regard the scientists who created it/him/her as gods? what sort of belief/worship system would he establish??

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by womti
if god is real, then he's an asshole. why would he let me go to hell?? he should just get off his lazy immortal ass and go kill satan already! then we wouldnt have to worry about sins. it would also be pretty selfish, having us worship him like we do. interesting topic: would a clone regard the scientists who created it/him/her as gods? what sort of belief/worship system would he establish??
Surely god would be peaceful. Maybe Satans more powerful. Do you deserve hell? Does hell exist?

The main atheist theory is keep asking questions:
What caused the world>What caused the universe>What caused god?
Nobody can find that answer.
Banned

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM       
you should stick to religion/atheism threads. you're annoying anywhere else. :/
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:26 AM       
[Devil's advocate]

The natural selection system put forth by Charles Darwin is analagous to an "ethereal selection" system implied by evangelical Christianity. In other words, God is making the best souls possible using a rigorous screening process we call "life". It's a grain of an idea anyway...
Banned

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:29 AM       
darwin was waaaay off about all that evolution crap.

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
[Devil's advocate]

The natural selection system put forth by Charles Darwin is analagous to an "ethereal selection" system implied by evangelical Christianity. In other words, God is making the best souls possible using a rigorous screening process we call "life". It's a grain of an idea anyway...
If that is true, What does god want with these souls, and would there be another life to test them?
Mocker
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:23 PM       
Every time I hear people say god doesn't exist because there is bad in this world, I feel like vomiting.

First of all we got kicked out of heaven, this place isn't suppose to be an orgasm party, it's our punishment. Furthermore, If God is omnipotent then He is niether good or evil, but omnipotent. Now you can go off on another tangent about knowing what being omnipotent is but, being all powerful is something that we have never really been good at wrapping our brains around. It's a cliche state but it's like 3 dimensional imagining itself in a nth dimensional world.

As for putting all of your faith in science and math. Science theories and hypothesiseses are constantly changing, check out the concept of ether. and Math is only based upon our own preceptions of the world. It's basically something we invented to describe the world around us. But even with all that Math still has infinite amount of paradoxes and fallicies.

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
Every time I hear people say god doesn't exist because there is bad in this world, I feel like vomiting.

First of all we got kicked out of heaven, this place isn't suppose to be an orgasm party, it's our punishment. Furthermore, If God is omnipotent then He is niether good or evil, but omnipotent. Now you can go off on another tangent about knowing what being omnipotent is but, being all powerful is something that we have never really been good at wrapping our brains around. It's a cliche state but it's like 3 dimensional imagining itself in a nth dimensional world.

As for putting all of your faith in science and math. Science theories and hypothesiseses are constantly changing, check out the concept of ether. and Math is only based upon our own preceptions of the world. It's basically something we invented to describe the world around us. But even with all that Math still has infinite amount of paradoxes and fallicies.
Exactly. That's why I am agnostic. 50/50. But god isnt benevolent thats for sure.
Mocker
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:10 PM       
ScruU2wice, you just made a lot of statements of faith as though they were fact. I'm curious, who believes we were kicked out of heaven? Who says God is omnipotent, but NOT omnibenevolent? Are you speaking from your personal faith, or from a doctrine?
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:34 PM       
Quote:

First of all we got kicked out of heaven, this place isn't suppose to be an orgasm party, it's our punishment.
You've proven yourself wrong. Why should we get punished for what two people who we know hardly anything about did, thousands of years ago?
Mocker
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:53 PM       
I don't think Scru is a Christian, but it should be noted that most Christians insist their God is omnibenevolent, despite scripture like Isaiah 45:7.

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 04:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X
Quote:

First of all we got kicked out of heaven, this place isn't suppose to be an orgasm party, it's our punishment.
You've proven yourself wrong. Why should we get punished for what two people who we know hardly anything about did, thousands of years ago?
Because god got really pissed?
Maybe time goes faster for him. Like bacteria takes one hour to multiply, 9 months for humans, so as he is more powerful and no doubt bigger. Time will go faster and thousands of years will seem like mear hours.

But i doubt thats true.

A good theory is that within one universe there is another and so on. The futher the smaller. I think its the expanding universe therum.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mozz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X
Quote:

Because god got really pissed?
Maybe time goes faster for him. Like bacteria takes one hour to multiply, 9 months for humans, so as he is more powerful and no doubt bigger. Time will go faster and thousands of years will seem like mear hours.

But i doubt thats true.
I doubt that, too, because God is supposed to be omniscient, meaning he knows all and percieves all in every way imaginable.

Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 05:54 PM       
God is supposed to be omniscient, omnipotent and benevelent. Theres little proof of this. In all truth i think relgion is just a false hope for people who have are down. But some times i feel as if prayers have been answered, but they could of been down to chance. I'll never know, unless something drastic and obvious shows me.
Mocker
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:10 PM       
The assumption that God is necessarily any of those 3 things is an act of faith, distinct to the particular flavor of theism the seeker chooses to embrace.

Perhaps "free will" as we definine it is not a quality of God (ie God cannot choose to do evil). Such a God would not be omnipotent. Or perhaps God does not have the same concept of benevolence as the average monotheist gives It.

Or maybe God is omnimischevious (but not omnimalicious) and omnipotent, and this existence is His idea of a terribly funny joke.

Being agnostic sucks.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:22 PM       
"when one tries to 'pray' to him, what does one get in return?"

Only spoiled little kids think you pray for ponies and skateboards, jackass.

"Also, as for the bible, who wrote it?"

Moses, syrians, an assortment of other people and ripped off mythological stories that have been around for even longer than christianity.

" imagine that you had been born into and raised, and never heard about god, religion, the holy grail. all that crap. now think: when you go outside, look around, and think, "boy, that tree sure is tall", or "gee those mushrooms look strangely appealing" is there any part of you that says "hmmm, I think that there must be some unknown entity out there who created me and placed me here for no apparent reason thats exactly why I'm going to devote my entire being to him!!". "

Well apparantly somebody thought that because the religion fucking exists. So I guess 2,000 years ago or so some asshole did exactly what you just said.

"you think animals believe in god? when we were animals, before we "evolved" or whatever the fuck happened, we sure as hell didnt think of jesus. we were too busy hunting and staying alive. "

What does what/how we think have anything to do with God? Kids these days think their thoughts are so important.

"that there is no sensory impact that tells us there is a god. you cant see god, smell god, feel god, hell, you cant even TASTE god! seriously, though you cant sense god."

Yea you know unless the universe is God's body-- or whatthefuckever lame ass metaphore will do it for you. Then interaction with any object is interaction with god. Geez what a line of logic that somehow communication with the inventions of god could somehow be like communicated with god himself. The idea that God is everywhere could tie that together for you...
And why does god have to be a person?
Why are people so stupid? I pray about that all the time...

If you're going to supply arguments against god at least make them something pondersome, you jackass.
Mocker
Old Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM       
Quote:
ScruU2wice, you just made a lot of statements of faith as though they were fact. I'm curious, who believes we were kicked out of heaven? Who says God is omnipotent, but NOT omnibenevolent? Are you speaking from your personal faith, or from a doctrine?
I was talking from perspective of a Christian who listens to Atheists Christ-bash, by just saying God doesn't exist because it doesn't make sense, and that all christians are st00pid. I'm not a christian but I don't really hear alot of kids bash Islam beside saying we all hump goats.

But muslims do believe that we got exiled from heaven for the forbidden fruit thing, so I guess I'm talking from an Islamic perspective? But in Islam God is the source of everything good and evil.

I really try to stay away from god vs. no god discussions for that reason. I'll walk away from my computer for an hour and I forget what I was thinking when I originally posted, and now I read it just sounds like I'm peddling my beliefs...

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 07:36 AM       
Quote:
The assumption that God is necessarily any of those 3 things is an act of faith, distinct to the particular flavor of theism the seeker chooses to embrace.

Perhaps "free will" as we definine it is not a quality of God (ie God cannot choose to do evil). Such a God would not be omnipotent. Or perhaps God does not have the same concept of benevolence as the average monotheist gives It.

Or maybe God is omnimischevious (but not omnimalicious) and omnipotent, and this existence is His idea of a terribly funny joke.

Being agnostic sucks.
Maybe god gave us freewill, so werent just...brainless.
Mocker
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 12:02 PM       
I didn't say anything about human free will. We're talking about God.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 12:35 PM       
mozz must not have gotten his. :P

Old Jan 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM       
Quote:
Perhaps "free will" as we definine it is not a quality of God
You didn't mention free will?
Mocker
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 01:02 PM       
Speaking of Will, I saw an episode of Fresh Prince of Bel Air last night. Man that Prince sure can sing. Speaking of singing, how can angels sing if there's no air in space? Do they sing and you just can't hear them?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2006, 01:58 PM       
Angels aren't in space, duh. They're in "Heaven" which is like an entirely different dimensional sphere. I mean come on man you at least gotta keep up with your hippocratus philosophy otherwise you might develop that heathen idea of the earth not being the center of the universe and there being more than the seven true planets and all that.