Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Get Your Own Title >:(
arg_zombies is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 02:39 PM        Scientology
Anyone who watches Panorama (BBC), will have seen the recent report on Scientology, or has read about it in the news.
The documentary itself was very good, and really exposed Scientology and what it stands for, and its ruthlessness toward critics of the so called religion.
Maybe this shows insecurity toward their beliefs?
And, for the record, for those who have seen it/looked it up on youtube (just type in Scientology, or Panorama and it'll come up first hit), I can sympathisewith John Sweeney's outburst, as it was totally justified, and I'd of probably gone further than that myself!

I'd like to know what everyone else thinks about it, as I personally see it as a money grabbing cult

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:33 PM       
Hubbard used to be a thelemite/aleister crowley follower. That explained everything to me.
Old May 29th, 2007, 03:34 PM       
I heard somewehre that he wrote Excalibur or something
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2007, 04:25 PM       
It's depressing that, despite decades of experts screaming about them (even freaking Time magazine threw down the gauntlet in a '92 issue), people have only recently started to give a shit due to Tom Cruise and a South Park episode.
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:15 PM       
True, true.

It's good to know that the media is, if only mildly, exposing Scientology to the public, so we can see a real side to it; so we can, essentially, give a shit about it. Hopefully the documentary will bring more opposition, than pro-Scientologists
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old May 29th, 2007, 06:40 PM       

"Mildly" my ass. The information has been thoroughly exposed for a long time. Our attention is just more focused on cartoons and celebrities.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2007, 08:55 PM       
Man, anyone that leeches money off misguided or desperate people in that fashion disgust me .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGP-0545EU
I'm still trying to get that first autopsy photo out of my head
Old May 30th, 2007, 06:19 AM       
Mmmm yeah, I saw that video

The problem is that most people look at it, see it's a cult, then just move on - nobody wants to actually do something.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2007, 01:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
Hubbard used to be a thelemite/aleister crowley follower. That explained everything to me.
He hung out briefly with Jack Parsons...I think he took off with Parsons money and his wife.

Jack was one of the founders of the Jet Propulsion Lab...they named a moon crater after him.