Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:14 AM       
Right, so I got my copy of Deus Ex 3 yesterday and played through the first mission and the Detroit-Hub after that. This is one good game, really. A lot to do, well written, even the german dub is okay so far, Jensenīs VA actually read dialogue, not just lines (still gonna get a UK-360-Version).

Concerning Augmentations, I put most of my praxis (why the strange name, never heard that in english) points into hacking which is a fun little minigame and since thereīs no lockpicking or electronics-bypassing anymore, hacking seems to be WAY more important than in DE1.

At first I was really pissed about the absence of Skills, you know, Low-Tech, Swimming, etc. But it seems like they integrated most of them into the Aug-System and just got rid of the weapon-skills which kinda makes sense, given Jensenīs past, he should know how to handle regular weapons quite well.

The only thing I regret is not picking the Taser in the beginning. The stupid Tranq-Rifle is nice and all but thereīs no fucking ammo for it

All in all, a great experience so far.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 03:34 AM       
I'm at the first boss and I officially hate it. I hate it and its lack of ammo and melee weapons.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:11 AM       
I just hated dealing with the bosses so far. I have no experience using these lethal weapons since I'm going through the game non-lethally knocking everyone out. Then they force me into boss battles where I have very little protection from damage and have to use weapons I have no experience wielding. Still fun though.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 04:17 AM       
The best way I've found to deal with bosses (at least the first one) is to hold onto those little explosive packets and blow those up near him. I think two of those will do the trick.

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 07:27 AM       
The bosses clobber anyone specced and geared for stealth. Shit sucks.

I felt pretty boss getting the achievement for shaking down that one asshole in Malik's mission on y first go. Then I punch him fir being a dick. Wanted to do that to te boss during that one debate in his office. Won that on my first go, though, so there was no need I guess.

I really like Jumping the rooftops in Chinese Midgar. Shit's awesome.

The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 08:55 AM       
The first boss was a lot tougher than the second. Maybe because I had 3 different lethals that I was saving just for the next boss I fought (I picked points so that I could carry the full amount). So I am pretty much carrying around 3 non-lethals and 3 lethals at all times. And only use the lethals for bosses. Would be easier if I knew when I was reaching a boss so that I could just start picking them up.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 05:58 PM       
I think it took me about 8 tries to beat the first boss...he´s stupid. you can´t let him near you, you can´t be in the open when he´s firing and if you throw grenades at him, the throws 20 back...now, I´m not a non-lethal Jensen, but I´m a hacker, which means no heavy weapons for me, only handguns and light automatics, avoiding combat if possible...not a good setup for the boss.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 25th, 2011, 06:07 PM       
I did it on the hardest difficulty, too. If I step out for a second, I'm blown away. Thankfully he was a stupid fuck and walked away as I kept spinning around him using a column. I hit him with the explosive bomb-bag looking thing then used the machine pistol I found there. Then I hit him another time with a concussion grenade and unloaded six shells from the shotgun into him. After that, he started throwing three grenades at a time. I just stepped out of cover to put a few more in him and he went down easy.

Shortly after, my "demo ended."

I was nervous about the game all of the sudden, so I decided to use my internet powers and sample it. It's pretty good and I think I'll end up getting it. :D Even with the fucked bosses.

I'm gonna go back and silently slaughter everyone in the police station. Or walk into the middle of a big room and use my Typhoon. Either way.
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 12:11 AM       
I turned the difficulty down from normal to easy and unloaded a whole clip on the boss, and that killed him. Then turned it back up to normal. It wasn't a "man this is really hard" thing, it was a "man, this isn't very fun, I want to get back to the fun part" thing. I'm gonna do a second playthrough and deal with them then. I just want my first play to be fun before I start obsessing over achievements and shit.

I was at work today wondering what would happen if I went up to Sarif and offed him with a silenced pistol. I think I'll go try that now.
EDIT: oh, I didn't realize that I can't use weapons OR takedowns in the office. Lame.

The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 12:40 AM       
I hope there's not an achievement for not killing people. I used a non-lethal blast gun and it ended up killing a guy because a dumpster flew up and hit him. Ruined my streak and I had saved over my main save before realizing he was dead. After that I started using several save files.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 01:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I hope there's not an achievement for not killing people. I used a non-lethal blast gun and it ended up killing a guy because a dumpster flew up and hit him. Ruined my streak and I had saved over my main save before realizing he was dead. After that I started using several save files.
There is one for no killing, but I don't know if a dumpster flying into somebody because it was pushed by a gun will count toward that. I guess you'll just have to play to the end to find out.

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Aug 26th, 2011, 03:10 PM       
I'm picking up my copy of Deus Ex 3 tonight.

Been playing WoW for season 10... ugh.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 10:59 AM       
I just beat Deus Ex. I'm thinking I'll have to replay it again in a few months, after the winter games all come out, so that it won't be so fresh in my mind. It was a great game though, super ending(s) that made sense. And by the end I really did feel like a total badass. I was worried that the praxis points wouldn't be coming fast enough, but really at the end, I was having trouble finding something to put points in because I got everything I wanted.
drifting in the void
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:48 AM       
I too just finished DE3. Impressive rebirth of a beloved franchise if you ask me. Almost flawless, a lot of fun, rather compelling story (still, it´s pretty easy to tell where they go with it at any given time but how it makes one think about some things is pretty well done).

Gameplaywise it´s true to the original but streamlined to fit the times better and I think it succeeds at that. I was a little disappointed that there was no second "wave" of Augmentations, what you can see once you start is all you´ll get and k0k0 is right, after 2/3, you simple fill slots with all those Praxispoints.

Very good game, highly reccomend playing it if you even remotely liked the original.

9.5/10, Goty so far along with Xenoblade.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 12:13 PM       
I'm trying to get into xenoblade, but none of my televisions have composite/component in except for a standard definition tv and for some reason xenoblade shows in widescreen format on it, so all the letters are smaller. For my 360 I use the vga cable on my big screen, but wii I am having trouble seeing what item names are and everything. It is still a nice game so far though.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 02:19 PM       
You should start a new topic for DE3. I don't wanna read spoilers when checking this thread you jerks.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 09:39 AM       

hulolololollolololol
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 10:07 AM       
Text-to-speech will never not be funny.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM       
I remember back when I first figured out the diary program for windows 3.1 had a text to speech deal. I made so many prank calls as a robot. I miss the days of no caller ID.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 04:29 AM       
Borderlands was $7 with all DLC on Steam, so my two friends and I got it to play online together. Well, they started without me, so when I joined, I was level 1 to their 6, and couldn't do their quests and got raped constantly. Apparently my connection is shit when I make a server, so that's out.
We started a new game, but they then went and got way ahead of me again, so I can't even do much damage to anything! So, I just went offline and beat the entirety of Dr. Zed or whatever. Because fuck you guys; I'm going to take ALL THE KILLS NOW.
Also: "Hey guys, get near my turret; it'll regen your health and ammo!"
"LOL NO"
My friends are retarded.
The Glum Cunt
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 04:37 AM       
Your friends do sound pretty retarded. I remember when I was going through borderlands we made a pact not to play it when the others weren't so we all went through together. It worked out really well and we all got into kind of a machine rhythm with how we did things, knowing how to act in each situation. We went through the whole game twice with our characters and got them all up to max level. Was a great time. I can't wait for borderlands 2.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 04:41 AM       
When I first played it, I wasn't too impressed, but this time seems more fun. The only problem is that my friends have a mentality like "Grab everything before anyone else can; run ahead of everyone to win!" while I'm trying to keep everyone alive and provide support. I'm trying to tell them that I'M the damn Soldier; they're the Sniper and Siren, so THEY should hold back while I aggro, instead of them rushing forward and getting smacked around.
At least I'll get my small moment of asshole triumph on them with all my overpowered weapons.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2011, 05:50 AM       
I played through Borderlands recently with a friend aswell. Fun game. I have no idea what the plot was though, since I had no intrest in reading walls of boring text. I mainly focused on killing enemies with a sweet sniper rifle that had bullets made of acid. ACID!