FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 09:26 AM       
i thank him for "hero," yes.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM       
after seeing all the hostel-haters on this thread, I can only wonder as to what makes the movie so bad.........? acting? directing? shitty plot? not enough gore and violence? not enough realistic gore and violence?? just what about the movie is so bad???
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 12:21 PM       
I'll be happy to elaborate.

First off, the movie takes forever to get to the whole torture sequence. I'd have no problem with this if the first hour of the movie wasn't boring as shit.

Second, it's a titfest. Again, I have no problems with nudity in horror movies, and for any classic horror movie it's a requirement. But you can tell that with this one they were relying SOLELY on the nudity to carry the film. It's just pathetic.

Thirdly, when you finally do arrive at the 'shocking' torture scenes, you discover that they're nothing like what the trailers and reviews promised. It's not scary. It's not gory. It's just weak. Half the time they cut away whenever anything bad is about to happen. What kind of bullshit is that? I've seen a million horror movies that don't cut away no matter how crazy the gore might be. Considering this movie was supposedly to be so shockingly gory, this was the biggest let down of all.

And finally, it was predictable as hell and the ending was lame. You hate all of the characters, and the one I hated most is the one that lived. Bullshit.

All in all, it's a formulaic piece of shit. If you want real gore and horror, see something else.

Johnyy Darko is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:43 PM       
So Rog, what good gorey horror movie do you recommend?
ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 10:47 PM       
He's made like four mini-mocks with his opinions about horror movies, and there's a huge review site. I still like The Evil Dead II, but you didn't ask me.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 01:49 AM       
Hostel was lame as shit. I was extremely disappointed, although I had low expectations anyways.

Johnyy Darko is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2006, 10:04 PM       
That a good topic that can be on this forum, also a good one is to post a list of some of your favorite horror movie and have other topics like favorite gorey movie or zombie movie.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 12:56 AM       
johnny darko i wish to hell you would speak english and not whatever this nell bullshit is that you're spewing
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
johnny darko i wish to hell you would speak english and not whatever this nell bullshit is that you're spewing
Nay tata, chickabee?
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 25th, 2006, 05:57 PM       
this movie ruled because i was so happy when the guy escapes.. it made me feel good inside, every time he shot somone i cheered! and then he fucking cut that one guys fingers off! fucking awsome! it's like a wierd revenge movie, i swear. he fucking sticks his chainsawed fingers into a glove like it was nothing. fuck anyone who didn't like this movie. yes, the first half sucked. but still, the 2nd half is like 2 good movies it's so good.

you guys must be retarded

sooo many good parts and little things in this movie