Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 06:53 AM       
I just checked out the Takashi Miike's Masters of horror ep. I can't believe they didn't show it on TV. That was so lame. I had to use too many dead presidents. And it was just mediocre.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Bod is probably a spambot
Old Apr 18th, 2006, 09:10 PM       
How many forums do I have to go on and say I hate that film.

I know ppl that find it 'humorous' wtf? yeah yeah I know we've all been desensitised to violence and blah blah I should lighten up. But I can't see why anyone would want to sit through this.

Some mates of mine when to see Wolf Creek. The like to be frightened by movies but found that so horrible they nearly left the cinema. And I say that's good, that's the reaction you should have to ppl inflicting pain on each other.

Quote:
I still haven't gotten around to seeing Battle Royal 2.
Don't bother, it's an insult to the original. It is just wishy washy crap, missing the impact of the first.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 10:22 PM       
I just finished watching Battle Royale and, aside from a few minor complaints, I feel that it was a solid movie. It was brutally honest. The biggest problem I had was that it wasn't long enough and didn't flesh out the story as much as I'd hoped. The story was way too long to fit into a two-hour movie. Maybe 2 1/2 or 3, but it wasn't long enough. I loved it, though, and I would recommend it to anyone.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 03:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bod
I know ppl that find it 'humorous' wtf? yeah yeah I know we've all been desensitised to violence and blah blah I should lighten up. But I can't see why anyone would want to sit through this.

Some mates of mine when to see Wolf Creek. The like to be frightened by movies but found that so horrible they nearly left the cinema. And I say that's good, that's the reaction you should have to ppl inflicting pain on each other.
i miss the days when only sickos like me considered themselves fans of violent movies. some bitch my roommate had over a few weeks ago was talking about how much she loved audition and ichi and visitor q, so i started talking to her about dolcett and snuff shit... she left ten minutes later.
if you're not a perv, stick to the saw movies please.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 03:35 AM       
Battle Royale is like so 2003
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 11:27 AM       
Either you are a bad comedian, or totally fucking messed up in the head, Mitchell.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.

iron mitchell is probably a spambot
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 11:53 AM        re:
i'm not trying to be funny.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
Battle Royale is like so 2003
And your face is old. What now?
master_d_68 is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2006, 07:56 AM       
FUN FACT: Kitano, the villainous teacher from Battle Royale is played by Beat Takeshi, host of Takeshi's Castle, which of course is known here as the redubbed spoof: Most Extreme Elimination Challenge. Oh yes.