Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM        Armored Core V
I used to play AC for hours back in the PS1 days and the new one looks pretty rad, however I haven't played AC since Master of the Arena (The 3rd game from like 98).

For those of you who have never played, the majority of the game is spent piecing together and designing your mech. There were so many customization options that you could spend a whole day just assembling and testing until you find one thats perfect.

For a game that has a user interface and feel of a VERY japenesey game, the action and battles in the game were fun fast and very intense. Not to mention all of the Sci-Fi inspired weapons are really badass without seeming cheesey at all.

Anyone played it or played the series longer than I have who can tell me how the series has evolved?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 04:21 PM       
I used to play the demo for AC on Ps1. Its come a long way since that.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM       
was that the one with robots?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 01:19 AM       
yeah. I played a shit ton of Cyber Sled before Armored Core came out so it was a giant step forward.
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 03:29 AM       
I wonder if they improved anything this time...but I won´t count on it since every AC-Game is basically the same game with slightly less horrible visuals...

I WANT to like it but the combat is so clunky and you have to boost around like a fly on crack all the time...maybe it´s because I have a Mechwarrior/Front Mission-background where mechs walk and are more like tanks with legs...
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 28th, 2012, 09:50 PM       
Same with me. I like the depth of customization you can have with the game, but I typically wind up checking out when the mech I've spent hours meticulously building suddenly doesn't work at all on a mission.