Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:19 PM        I-Mockery Guest Weekly Columnists - YOUR CHANCE TO SHIIIIINE!
Ok, so the title is pretty self-explanatory, but I'll provide some more details.

Basically, we're looking to bring in some volunteers to help out with the Weeklies ( http://www.i-mockery.com/weeklies ) section of the site each week. Myself and the other guys don't always have time to write for the Weeklies section, and with Max Burbank on hiatus, we have 3 writers and 4 sections to cover. As a result, we're having to switch off on pulling double-duty for weekly reviews, which takes away from time we could be spending on writing our full length articles. So that's where you guys come in. We're looking for additional writers to cover those extra Weekly spots. You'll get to see your work featured on the homepage of I-Mockery and receive feedback from bajillions (ie: tens) of fans! You don't have to do reviews each week, you'll just have to submit one once in a while since we'll be rotating reviewers each week.

If you're interested, please reply to this thread (no PMs please) and we'll be in touch. Please mention what categories you would like to write in most (video games, movies, comics, music).

Thanks to all of you who offer to help out!

Last edited by Mockery : Jan 6th, 2010 at 10:53 PM.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:34 PM       
I kinda want to, if for no other reason than to be doing it instead of someone like zeldaqueen.

That was very funny. Well done.
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:39 PM       
I'm not the strongest writer, but I know my comics well! I wouldn't mind helping with the comic reviews.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:46 PM       
I've sort of missed how the review portion of the site used to be entirely fan submitted. Even though most of the writing submitted was pretty bad, those submitted by me especially.

I'd like to be a part of this. Is there any criteria to what's reviewed or is it just whatever strikes your fancy?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:51 PM       
Oh yeah, definitely mention what categories you would most like to write in (video games, movies, comics, music). This doesn't guarantee you would be assigned that particular category, but we'll do our best to accommodate everybody.

As for criteria, it's whatever you feel like writing about as long as it hasn't already been covered in the Weeklies section.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:00 PM       
I have a few ideas for things I would like to see reviewed I had thought of gently suggesting, but it seems now I could hoard those ideas and volunteer to review them myself.

I formally throw my hat into the volunteer ring. I have something for any of the 4 categories so any one will be fine.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:08 PM       
I can't really right music reviews since I don't listen to much music but I'm fine with any other category.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
I can't really right music reviews since I don't listen to much music but I'm fine with any other category.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:27 PM       

man, I keep making that same typo. Also, sometimes I write "this" when I mean "these."
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:28 PM       
I'd want to try my hand at this, I've been wanting to get back into writing. I could do movies, comic books, and video games.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:38 PM       
It's like I'm interested, but I already spend a lot of time working on the show's site and stuff. I gotta give it some serious thought.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 11:39 PM       
Comics and movies, please.
Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 12:23 AM       
Awesome! I'd love to help!
Movies would be my category of choice.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 12:59 AM       
I can write for Movies and Music.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:40 AM       
I wouldn't mind trying my hand at any category but music.

I don't listen to a lot of music.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 01:54 AM       
It was fun writing for the site before, but that was when I was 16 or so and my name on the staff page was SUPER COOL. Still, it was fun.

That was very funny. Well done.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:12 AM       
Sure, why not? I could do Music.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 06:56 AM       
I would, but I'm not funny.
Stuff
BatmanJohnson is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 08:49 AM       
Wouldn't mind trying my hand at movies too.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 12:08 PM       
Ever since the days of the user-submitted reviews and seeing mine in the spotlight, I've had the itch for more. I hereby announce my intentions to attempt to write for movies and games. I'm actually already sitting on an asston of reviews already for movies (being a man who hoards VHS and DVDs like a bomb shelter's can goods section) and games (having become a collector and now possessing everything from NES to Wii, Playstation to PS3 and much more)... I just wish I wasn't lazy and I could have submitted some a long time ago.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 12:39 PM       
i would write game reviews but the release dates are kinda off here and they would probably end up like homers food reviews :P

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:06 PM       
i wouldn't mind trying it. but i'd only be useful at music and movies.
and i swear i'll take the music review thing seriously this time.
i was disappointed in the lack of hatemail when i said type o sounded like def leppard.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 02:36 PM       
only if you hold the cd next to your bewbs, then I would read it
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 03:08 PM       
I could do comics or movies.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 7th, 2010, 03:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
i wouldn't mind trying it. but i'd only be useful at music and movies.
and i swear i'll take the music review thing seriously this time.
i was disappointed in the lack of hatemail when i said type o sounded like def leppard.

Missed that one. Did you say Type O sounded like the Def Leppard of Death metal?