Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 06:19 AM        Inception
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 06:22 AM       
No, that's Domo doing his best to explain the movie.

Anyway, who's seen it? What'd ya think?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 06:34 AM       
I want to see it. (Time is at a premium lately though ) And I will regardless of positive or negative reviews because I have developed a bit of a Leo man crush over the years. Almost everything he stars in is a safe bet (I pretend the Beach and Romeo and Juliet never happened )
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 12:09 PM       
We are gonna use our free movie tickets on this movie, but we don't really want to sit in a big crowd of people.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 01:54 PM       
You can drink in california movie theaters right?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 02:18 PM       
You can fuck on a motorcycle while shooting pistols in the air at a piñata filled with weed in California movie theaters.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM       
theres a service here in wich they bring you everything to your seat from popcorn to sushi

anyways the movie is called el origen over here wich means the origin still i think it will be here friday (i hope)

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 03:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
I want to see it. (Time is at a premium lately though ) And I will regardless of positive or negative reviews because I have developed a bit of a Leo man crush over the years. Almost everything he stars in is a safe bet (I pretend the Beach and Romeo and Juliet never happened )

You didnt like the Beach? That movie was awesome! Probably the first Leo movie I liked.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:24 PM       
I still don't like Leo at all, but I can overlook him if he's in a good movie, and Inception was just that.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:16 PM       
Leo is awesome in everything. The part I remember most of the beach is when he takes that drug and runs awkwardly down the beach in videogame motion. If Ryan Reynolds didn't already occupy my mancrush it would be leo.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:27 PM       
Was he on drugs or just flipping out because he had been alone in the jungle dodging and killing guerrillas for so long?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos View Post
You didnt like the Beach? That movie was awesome! Probably the first Leo movie I liked.
Compared to the rest of his body of work I think it falls short.

The Aviator
Gangs of New York
Inception
Shutter Island
Body of Lies
Revolutionary Road
Blood Diamond
The Departed
Catch Me if You Can
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Titanic (which while I disliked the movie itself, I can't deny it was a success because of him)
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:58 PM       
I think on drugs, then he noticed the guerillas.

Were they guerillas or viet-kongs?
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:59 PM       
I still need to see The aviator. Basketball diaries is amazing though.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:09 PM       
I thought they were just guerillas who were using the island to grow pot to sell to fund whatever they were guerillaing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Compared to the rest of his body of work I think it falls short.

The Aviator
Gangs of New York
Inception
Shutter Island
Body of Lies
Revolutionary Road
Blood Diamond
The Departed
Catch Me if You Can
What's Eating Gilbert Grape
Titanic (which while I disliked the movie itself, I can't deny it was a success because of him)

Yeah most of those are some bad ass movies. Mostly the newer stuff in my opinion. Gilbert Grape though? Yeah he did a great job playing a retard but all in all that movie sucked. Titanic? Half of that movies success was just 13 year old girls going to get all doe eyed over Leo while he was still a pretty boy. The Aviator put me to sleep the two times I tried watching it, not because of Leo though. I still need to see Revolutionary Road, thanks for reminding me .
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:31 PM       
Not sure you will like Revolutionary Road. It is not a big action movie. It is about a couple that are fighting over the drudgery of everyday life.

But it was another good Leo performance.

His work on Titanic was good, while I hated the movie itself, it was for a more basic reason (drawing focus away from a tragedy to focus instead on a couple and the madman with a gun who shoots at them as the boat sinks)

Gilbert Grape was another movie that was good but it was about mundane existence (albiet with extraordinary circumstances involving said everyday life) He played a good retarded person without managing to make it look like a parody of retardation (you taking notes Rosie O'Donnel? Your Riding the Bus with my Sister performance could learn a thing or two from Leo)
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 10:51 PM       
I don't know, I thought Rosie gave a sensitive and poignant performance, damned near Oscar-worthy.

"You've got to take me to Super Save tomorrow, 'cause they're havin' a SALE!"

"You'll have to excuse me, 'cause I have to use the BATHROOM!"

"TOILET SEATS ON SALE IN ROW NUMBER ONE THANK YOU!"

Really?
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 04:15 PM       
See, it's okay for you guys to say you have a mancrush on Leo DiCaprio and have it totally understood that you are still (conceptually) heterosexual, but if I said that I had a womancrush on Ellen Page it would have an immediate lesbian connotation.

Actually, it's not really a womancrush but I really enjoy her work. I have ever since she was Treena Lahey, and that was one hell of a long time ago. I even have the DVD of Hard Candy.

She's going to be one of those Sarah Silverman people who look like they're in their late teens forever.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
See, it's okay for you guys to say you have a mancrush on Leo DiCaprio and have it totally understood that you are still (conceptually) heterosexual, but if I said that I had a womancrush on Ellen Page it would have an immediate lesbian connotation.
There are 2 things wrong here.

1) Women can "experiment" all they want. "Explore" all they want, and at the end of the day, they can mount a single pole and it all gets erased. Men can bang a thousand women, and if they suck a single dick, they are gay forever. That is how it works

2) Yes, a man can have a mancrush on Leo and not have it questioned. I would go further though and say he is so pretty if a man bangs him he still counts as straight
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 11:02 PM       
Spoilers!
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 11:46 PM       
my man crush is clooney his voice is very soothing

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 06:58 AM       
My man crush will forever be Bruce Campbell.

You faggots.