Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2007, 12:38 PM        Jodorowsky's movies finally getting released on DVD!
I know some people on this board are fans of his, so I thought I would pass this along. I got this from the Super Happy Fun mailing list:

---

Great news, film fans! Subversive filmmaker Alejandro Jodorowsky is finally getting his due via legitimate US DVD releases of his inspirational and influential films, EL TOPO and THE HOLY MOUNTAIN.

Lost in a morass of legal infighting for the last few decades(!), these films are required viewing for anyone with a passion for film. EL TOPO is best described as a "psychedeic frijole western" while THE HOLY MOUNTAIN is a "cinematic mindf*ck". These two films along with his FANDO LIS (coming back into print) and SANTA SANGRE are all ground-breaking.

EL TOPO, THE HOLY MOUNTAIN, and FANDO LIS are now available for pre-order. Allow me to recommend DiabolikDVD for your source:For more on Jodorowsky, check out this short article.

The estimated release date is May 2007. We will be removing our versions from SuperHappyFun well before then.

Ja Matta!
Fun Boy

----

I can't wait to put El Topo and Holy Mountain in my Netflix Queue!