Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 09:42 PM       
Now batting, Colonel Flagg.

And the pitch from Pentegarn is .... Gene Wilder

A Gene Wilder movie I love: Big surprise here - The Producers. Very nearly a perfect movie. "Springtime for Hitler" indeed.

A Gene Wilder movie I like love too: Blazing Saddles. No explanation necessary.

A Gene Wilder movie I hate: See no Evil, Hear no Evil. Hard to believe that a Wilder/Pryor collaboration would suck, but this one just fell flat for me.

Honorable Mention(s): It's hard to pick just one - Young Frankenstein, Silver Streak, Stir Crazy, and Woody Allen's Everything you always wanted to know about sex (We're just FRIENDS!!!). I'll even give one to Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, but only for this one scene:

You may already be there.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 4th, 2011 at 05:20 AM.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 3rd, 2011, 10:53 PM       
Ooh, do me next, me!

Col. Flagg gave me Meryl Streep

Meryl Streep movie I love: Death Becomes Her

Not the best Meryl Streep movie, but I still thought it was funny.

Meryl Streep movie I like: The Devil Wears Prada

Once it settled into regular rotation on cable, I finally had to step out and see what was going on after hearing that damned piercing ring on Anne Hathaway's cell phone for the 50th time. I thought she did made for a very convincing ballbuster.

Meryl Streep movie I don't like: The Bridges of Madison County

Haven't seen this one in a long time, but all I remember is thinking that this movie was really boring, possibly because I was 13 when it was showing up on TV.

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Aug 5th, 2011 at 02:30 PM.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 01:11 AM       
whoops. Uh, me next I guess.

OKAY, FUCK, I AM HAVING TROUBLE DECIDING. I NEED TIME

Screw it, okay, Sigourney Weaver is the shit and I love Alien, Aliens, Ghostbusters, Wall-E, Infamous, Galaxy Quest, The Ice Storm, and The Year of Living Dangerously.

I liked Avatar and I hated The Village

Last edited by Grislygus : Aug 8th, 2011 at 01:36 AM.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 04:53 AM       
Sure, why not

Gus gave me JANE FONDA

I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY JANE FONDA MOVIES

My turn is over.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog

Last edited by Esuohlim : Aug 7th, 2011 at 10:54 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 06:14 AM       
Ohh I want a task from Thrillho!

And a task I got. I was assigned Mr. Chevy Chase.

Chevy Chase movie I loved: There's absolutely no question here. Caddyshack. Easily in the 5 funniest movies of all time.

Chevy Chase movie I liked: A lot to choose from here, but I will go with Foul Play. Some classic moments in that movie and a lot of laughs to be had

Chevy Chase movie I hated: Caddyshack 2. As good as 1 was, the sequel that should have never been was bad. It is in my top 5 worst comedies list

Honorable mention: Dirty Work, Fletch, National Lampoon's Vacation, European Vacation, Christmas Vacation, Seems Like Old Times, Three Amigos

EDIT: At least check out Klute and On Golden Pond for a couple good Jane Fonda movies Milpool

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 8th, 2011 at 12:05 AM.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 09:32 PM       
Pentegarnish bestowed upon me the lovely Natalie Portman:

Natalie Portman movie I love: Black Swan, it's a story about a seemingly sweet, young, sheltered girl and the movie begins to spiral into complete madness. It's a real mind fucker indeed, almost on a Stanley Kubrick level.

Natalie Portman movie I like: Mars Attacks! She was the little girl (presidents daughter), I had no idea. Awesome movie when I was a kid, the scene where the alien's fake hand impales Jack Nicholson with their planet's flag was great. I feel like this movie should be featured on I-Mockery some day (if it's not already).

Natalie Portman movie I hate: V for Vendetta, it's too long, too boring, and you don't even get to see the crispy bastard's face. Also, Natalie Portman cut all of her hair off for the movie. There are women with cancer who would kill to have your hair you selfish snatch Not to mention the putty-esque cgi figurine burning in the fire at the end looked like shit. And, it is very possible that none of those Anonymous faggots would even know who Guy Fawkes was if they hadn't seen this movie.

Natalie Portman honorable mention:

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Chevy Chase movie I hated: Caddyshack 2. As good as 1 was, the sequel that should have never been was bad. It is in my top 5 worst comedies list
TRU DAT.

Last edited by ThrashO : Aug 8th, 2011 at 09:24 AM.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 6th, 2011, 10:16 PM       
At the risk of making an incredible mistake, I'll go once more. Bring it.

Thrash0 gives me Pauly f$!#ing Shore. (I knew this was a mistake.) RED PICKLE TIME!!!

A Pauly Shore movie I love: Is there such a thing? How about "Pauly Shore is Dead" - because it should be true.

A Pauly Shore movie I like: Encino Man - not as bad as a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

A Pauly Shore movie I hate: Everything else he did is a tie.

Honorable Mention: Casper Meets Wendy. Yes, it really is this bad.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 7th, 2011 at 11:08 PM.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 12:16 AM       
Me too, I wanna play!
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 7th, 2011, 02:53 AM       
Ill go again.
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 09:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Thrash0 gives me Pauly f$!#ing Shore. (I knew this was a mistake.) RED PICKLE TIME!!!

Flagg, since I am a gentleman, you should go again and then I'll go again and order can be restored to the universe
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 04:03 PM       
Alright, I'll go again. (Don't fuck this up ThrashO - I have the power to ban you.)

ThrashO gave me Rodney Dangerfield so I'll give Rodney some respect:

Rodney Dangerfield movie I love: Back to School - if you want to see Rodney in his prime doing what he does best, this is my pick. He's a rich businessman who enters into college to help his son get through school, and along the way he shows everybody how to party and have a good time. Plus, he pulls of The Triple Lindy... the most difficult dive of all. Behold:

Rodney Dangerfield movie I like: Caddyshack - because it's hilarious and you get to see Rodney enrage a bunch of yuppies, so how can you go wrong with that?

Rodney Dangerfield movie I don't like: Little Nicky - I just didn't like the movie at all. It's not Rodney's fault - the blame rests upon the writers.

Rodney Dangerfield honorable mention: Natural Born Killers - a completely different role for Rodney, portraying a sadistic father, but I thought he did a good job with it.

Last edited by Mockery : Aug 9th, 2011 at 12:10 AM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM       
I want a Mr. Mockery assignment

And I was handed the task of breaking down Michael Ironside movies

Michael Ironside movie I loved: Total Recall, and if you need to know why, consider that a divorce.

Michael Ironside movie I liked: X Men First Class. Was better than I 'x-pected' :rimshot

Michael Ironside movie I hated: Gonna have to go with Top Gun again

Honorable mention: He was in the original V tv series and had a cameo on the A-Team in an episode

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 9th, 2011 at 06:21 AM.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 06:54 PM       
And with that, I guess I'm in.

Pentegarn wouldn't show me how to set up the pong system unless I talked about Clint Eastwood.

Clint Eastwood movie I love: Unforgiven- I think this is one of Eastwood's finest jobs at acting. He played a great anti-hero and the movie was one of the best westerns there is.

Clint Eastwood movie I like: Dirty Harry- A lot of great lines came out of this movie that are still used today and even though it came out 10 years before I was born, I can definitely appreciate how awesome of a movie it is.

Clint Eastwood movie I hate: Space Cowboys- A bunch of old fuckers go into space to stop a satellite from falling. Shitty stuff no matter how good the actors are.

Clint Eastwood honorable mention: Gran Torino- He's a racist old dude who befriends a little asian boy. I rented this movie because I thought it'd be boring and get me some sweet sex, but my date got really interested in it and it kept me from scoring, but it was a good movie. I told the girl that I rented it because of how boring it sounded and thought we'd just end up doing it and she didn't contact me after that. (even though we fooled around a bit during the previews)

Last edited by k0k0 : Aug 9th, 2011 at 10:49 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 09:49 AM       
Yeah, I'll go again.

k0k0 hands me John Lithgow

A John Lithgow movie I love:

Buckaroo Banzai: Across the 8th Dimension. No contest. I love this movie. (probably why I'm not a critic)

A John Lithgow movie I like: Cliffhanger. I know it's cliché and trite, but Michael Rooker makes it watchable. And I don't absolutely hate Stallone. (There. I said it.)

Another John Lithgow movie I like: Blowout. Not only was it filmed in Philadelphia, but one of my college dorms is featured prominently early in the movie (blink and you miss it).

A John Lithgow movie I hate: No contest, and no comment. Terms of Endearment.

Honorable Mention: 3rd Rock From the Sun. (I've never seen Dexter)

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 9th, 2011 at 02:17 PM.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 01:11 PM       
Holla at me. Be gentle.

OH GOODIE. COLONEL FLAGG CRAMMED CHRIS ROCK IN MY POOPER. I have to say, I think you could've done worse though...

Chris Rock movie I love: Pootie Tang. Pootie Tang is a great movie. First off, it's directed by a white guy, whose also my favorite (alive) comedian, Louis C.K. It's about a kid who grows up and he speaks gibberish but for some reason oozes charisma and is loved by everyone in america. Chris Rock plays Pootie's father and after passing away, he later appears to Pootie in a vision as an ear of corn:

Chris Rock movie I like: CB4, AKA Cell Block 4, it's basically a mockery of the early rap scene of the 90's. Pretty funny movie if you like stuff like Don't Be A Menace.

Chris Rock movie I hate: Grown Ups, if you don't remember this shit fest it was an Adam Sandler movie last year starring Rob Schneider, Adam Sandler, Fatty from King of Queens, David Spade and CHRIS ROCK. Adam Sandler was great when I was in middle school, and now he's a dildo who is trying to recreate what little magic his first 2 or 3 or 1 movies had and it's easy to see it has quickly dwindled. This movie is terrible and is full of cliche nut shots and poop and pee jokes. It is stupid poorly written humor, and only exists because the writers thought that these guys all said a funny joke on accident and one point in there life so if you cram them together they might make a good movie. It's like the expendables if it was a comedy, only it tries way too hard.

Chris Rock honorable mention (FOR BEING A PIECE OF SHIT): I was looking on IMDB and I saw that he is directing a movie next year called Credit Is The Devil. You know, I'm all for racism. I think it's hilarious. And honestly for the most part I hate everyone. White, black, yellow I don't care. People suck. But is there a reason why people enjoy being stereotypes? Is it because they think the less fortunate will be able to relate and throw throw their money at them? You're trying to relate to people who can't get a house, a car or even a job by telling them that the one thing that they need to fix is the devil? When on top of that you're a goddamn MILLIONAIRE? Eat shit Chris Rock.

Last edited by ThrashO : Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 9th, 2011, 10:47 PM       
I suppose I can ride the mechanical bull again then

And my assignment was sent in picture form. One Michael J Fox

Michael J Fox movie I loved: Back to the Future has to go here. No question about it. One of my all time favorites

Michael J Fox movie I liked: The Frighteners. People seem to always forget this movie exists but it was a pretty damn good movie and screw anyone who says otherwise

Michael J Fox movie I hated: Doc Hollywood. While by itself I didn't hate it, Cars pretty much ripped it off and I hate Cars so I now hate this for making Cars possible.

Honorable mention: Mars Attacks. Both stupid and entertaining

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 10th, 2011 at 05:35 PM.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 10:59 AM       
And I'll go again! (This is me trying to save face because instead of editing my post I replied )

Pentegarn spreads me open and inserts Steve Buscemi. Mockery already did this one but ya know what, GET OVER IT

Steve Buscemi movie I love: Reservoir Dogs, great tarantino flick with alot of confusion, tension and back stabbing. Done in classic tarantino style showing different parts of a diamond heist between several guys who know nothing about eachother, however one of them appears to be an undercover cop. Also, this is a badass scene where Mr. Pink (Steve Buscemi) gets trashed by a car then gets up like a badass and pegs 2 or 3 cops before getting away:

Also, movie spoiler:
Spoilers!

Steve Buscemi movie I like: The Island, he plays as an employee in the facility who befriends the main character and then later helps him and his love interest escape. All in all though The Island kicked alot of ass and is one of my favorite movies despite all of the Micheal Bay hating. Plus, Scarlett Johansen is a mega fox.

Steve Buscemi movie I hate: I now pronounce you Chuck & Larry, More Adam Sandler tom foolery that makes you wish that this movie was filmed on top of the world trade center September 11th, 2001.

Steve Buscemi honorable mention: Monster House, he plays the voice of the main old guy who hates trick or treaters. This was marketed as a kids movie a few halloweens ago but the movie is actually pretty awesome. The house is scary as shit and the way that the story wraps up towards the end is really morbid/disturbing. If you thought this was some nickelodeon kids bullshit, I suggest you check it out.

(Also Pent, You did the Mcfly great justice. The Frighteners rules. Its the only movie I think I own on VHS, DVD, AND Blu-Ray.)

Last edited by ThrashO : Aug 10th, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 11:24 AM       
OK. I'll get "thrashed" one more time.

(I think we're even now, dude. )

ThrashO gives me Viggo Mortensen. You're forgiven.

The challenge is to fill out the list without mentioning anything involving hobbits. Hard to do.

A Viggo Mortensen movie I love: Crimson Tide. Conflict on a nuclear submarine. Weak storyline, with some great acting. I approve.

A Viggo Mortensen movie I like: Vanishing Point. I'm more familiar with the original from 1971, and it was rewritten and updated, which usually means the new version sucks, but in this case, Viggo makes sure it doesn't. Suck, that is.

A Viggo Mortensen movie I hate: Psycho. Nothing beats the original, and this doesn't even beat a cheap remake. Pass.

Honorable Mention: Witness. The scene in 30th street station seals the deal for me, personally. So what if it's not strictly a factual depiction of Amish life.

EDIT: PG, I would also suggest you check out some other not-so-comedic roles of Mr. Fox, such as Casualties of War, Bright LIghts, Big City and Light of Day. All worth at least a look.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 10th, 2011 at 10:45 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM       
This has become a three way and once you get in on a three way you can't eject till the three waying is done so give it to me Flagg!

Colonel's orders, I am to break down Kevin Spacey movies. Damn you Kevin Spacey! You steal all of my rolls!

Kevin Spacey movie I loved: The Negotiator. For what it had for ingredients it was a decent flick.

Kevin Spacey movie I liked: Austin Powers Goldmember: OK, I admit it was stupid, full of recycled jokes, and so on, but there were still some new laughs to be had and they were almost all based on the actors within the movie slated to play the characters in the movie within a movie. Kevin Spacey as the movie Dr. Evil was funny.

Kevin Spacey movie I hated: Bug's Life. It didn't do it for me. Pixar had better offerings than this

Honorable mention: A Time to Kill

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 10th, 2011 at 11:32 PM.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 04:03 AM       
Yuck, I was given Brendan Fraser

Brendan Fraser movie I loved: ...
Brendan Fraser movie I liked: I liked Blast from the Past, Dave Foley and Christopher Walken are good in it
Brendan Fraser movie I hated: Pretty much everything this guy has been in sucks, but Crash is the biggest crime against film

Ask me for an actor/actress
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 07:05 AM       
I'll bite. Give it to me.

Rongi hurled me John Goodman to work with. The guy's been in a fuckload of great movies, so it's hard to choose. Let's give it a shot.

John Goodman movie I love: The Big Lebowski. He was absolutely hilarious and it's one of my favorite movies of all time.

John Goodman movie I like: Bringing out the dead. Underrated movie. I even liked Nicholas Cage in this one.

John Goodman movie I hate: Blues Brothers 2000. Do I even need to explain why this sucks? Good god was this movie unnecessary. Evan Almighty was pretty awful too.

Honorable Mention(s): O Brother Where Art Thou, Barton Fink, Raising Arizona, C.H.U.D.... The list goes on.

Last edited by Mad Melvin : Aug 11th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Aug 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM       
I'll keep on keepin' on, until the thread is gone.

Mad Mel gives it up for Denis Leary. Ummmm.

A Denis Leary movie I love: Many people will groan when I say The Ref. I love this movie, perhaps because it reminds me of my childhood. The cast plays the comedic dysfunction of Christmas with the Therapist to perfection. Leary is not lost in the movie, which is tough considering he's acting alongside some of the best in the business.

A Denis Leary movie I like: Demolition Man. Yes, it's basically a Stallone vehicle, but there are some understated performances by Leary, Bullock, Bratt and Hawthorne. And the comedic elements (how are you supposed to use those 3 Seashells??) are terrific.

A Denis Leary movie I hate: Any sequel to Ice Age. Enough already!

Honorable Mention: Rescue Me. Worth a look.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Aug 11th, 2011 at 09:45 PM.
Prepare for time warp.
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 05:32 PM       
Yeah sure, why not...

(REMEMBER, WE HAD A DEAL FLAGG )

Flagg gave me Jeff Goldblum

Jeff Goldblum movie that I love: The Fly, one of my favorite movies, the arm snap still makes me cringe. I love the scene where he's climbing on the ceiling and he lifts up his shirt to show a huge disgusting growth, and using none of his scientific knowledge he only says calmly: "See, whats this? I dunno." Good movie. Even though he wasn't in The Fly II, there was still a really good face rip and a couple good head plops.

Jeff Goldblum movie that I like: Jurassic Park, dinosaurs and guys getting eaten while pooping.

Jeff Goldblum movie that I hate: I honestly don't know enough about the guy to be able to think of a movie that I hate :/

Jeff Goldblum honorable mention: Powder, I don't remember much of this movie but i saw it when I was a kid and it weirded me out. It's about some albino chick who can control lightning or some shit I dunno. Jeff Goldblum was the teacher and there's a scene where she shoots electricity out of her face in the middle of class and Jeff Goldblum just has this look like "Bitch. I am trying to teach."

Last edited by ThrashO : Aug 16th, 2011 at 11:46 AM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 05:35 PM       
Give it to me Thrash

Several weeks later, 'it' turned out to be Edward Norton

Edward Norton movie I loved:Red Dragon. I loved the three Hannibal Lecter movies. Even the prequel.

Edward Norton movie I liked: Fight Club. Enjoyable movie with a twist ending that didn't insult the viewers (take notes on how that is executed M.Night Schmingdimschmingler)

Edward Norton movie I hated kind of disliked: The Italian Job. It just didn't do it for me

Honorable mention: The Illusionist, The People vs. Larry Flynt

Last edited by Pentegarn : Aug 16th, 2011 at 05:29 PM.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Aug 12th, 2011, 09:04 PM       
Pentegarn must have been in a merciful mood today, because he stuck me with William H Macy.

A great Macy movie: Fargo. It's a Coen Bros. movie, it'll be a good time.
A good Macy movie: Pleasantville. It's hard for me to say why I liked this, so I'll just say it's a nice feel good film.
A shitty Macy movie: Jurassic Park 3 Yet another threequel that sucks, and another example of a studio milking a franchise bone dry.

Last edited by captain516 : Aug 12th, 2011 at 11:37 PM.