Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old May 17th, 2005, 12:07 PM        Classic Metalfest 5
Band "review" of CMF5 for you posers that didn't go. Excluding "posers" to overseas metalfiends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Widow USA -They were Awesomeness.

Ravensthorn-I missed em but I was told they were awesome! Got the cd, the singer's voice is incredible!! I'll make it a point to catch them next time!

CATCH 22 -Didn't like them much. But glad they had enough conviction to play.

IRON CROSS-Long time fan of these boys, they were once again killer, the singer looks a bit different he got purple streaks put in his hair.

OCTOBER 31- Video taped thier set from the front row, I love these guys more than anything. These are some of the guys I work with.

ATTACKER-Bob Mitchell has one of the most amazing voices ever and they slay every show!

DR. MASTERMIND/WILD DOGS-Perfect example of a classic band that still rocks hard as ever and as good as ever.

ROTTWEILLER-yet another example of old school kicking kids in the ass. My heart's with em!

HELL I FEEL-Missed em due to working in the other room.

Saturday

NECRODEMON-Missed them b/c I was in the shower, but I heard they were very very good!!! It's a shame they were on so early!

FRANKENSHRED-Missed em b/c I was getting dressed.

STORM WITHIN-Missed em b/c I was taking whiskey like a good metalhead.

KNIGHTS OF TETHYS-these guys were pretty cool, the singer had a great voice. I got a CD from em but haven't listened to it yet.

SKULLVIEW-One of my favorites. the new singer Eric fits much better than Quimby did. Quimby may have been an amazing singer technically, but this guy just gels better. I was up front going nuts!

TWISTED TOWER DIRE-Yet another band I was upfront for. Kicked major ass, I love these guys too. Then again I don't have a choice hahaha!!!!

GOAT HORN- Younger group, but they had "old school" down pat. Thier performance blew me away I wasn't expecting them to be such killer showmen while blasting the best new thrash I've heard in forever!

STONE VENGEANCE-Jammed like crazy, I'm a big fan of em. They've been around since like 78 and still kicking! Covered "Black Metal" so I freaked!!

HERALDRY
(From Italy.)-Saw some of thier set, I had to go help load equipment, but what I saw was pretty cool!

UNEARTHED
(ex-ICED EARTH/PURGATORY members.)-Ehhhh, I didn't care much for em.

BLOODLUST
(80'S L.A. band on Metal Blade and Wild Rags.)-Missed em b/c I was Loading equipment once more.

HALLOW'S EVE
(Exclusive set list for the CMF. Last time they'll ever play the old songs.)-Biggest dissapointment of the fest. I was really upset by it until we started laughing about it.

WITHOUT END
(ex-BLOODFEAST/HEADLOCK members.) -AWFUL. Wasn't impressed at all.

GARDY LOO-Best band of the whole fest. Major highlight and perfect ending to it. A giant turd tossed through the crowd like a beach ball and songs like "Senior Citizen Sodomy" . I had the best time of all rocking out to these guys who I've always been a fan of!!
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:10 PM       
Iron Cross still rock, and forever will rock.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:40 PM       
agreed.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:50 PM       
My boys yo. Thier new shirts were all hand painted, beautiful! When I finish cutting mine up to fit me I'll post what the artwork on mine looks like. But they're all one of a kind. $25. The Iron Cross guys are wonderful! We're going back down to Florida to do some shows with them at one point for another mini tour! But they were as awesome as ever!
Mocker

Old May 17th, 2005, 04:49 PM       
good news! good news! any plans for a new record?
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2005, 06:46 PM       
wait, iron cross as in DC IC or a different one?
Mocker

Old May 17th, 2005, 08:18 PM       
not the oi streetpunk one
Egg
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:30 AM       
The metal Iron Cross from Florida. Hence the name of the fest "Classic METALFEST", no punk there, especially no oi. We didn't realy talk about a new album, but I'm pretty sure there's one on the way. They've been going hard and still rock as hard as they did last time I saw them. Full support to almost every band on that list from me!