Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 07:40 PM       
Since this was my thread and the turn it has taken makes me feel sad, could someone please split this up and stick the retarded crap over in the gay and illiterate forum?

I mean, this tangent makes me want to shoot people, but it's not really topical.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:34 PM       
"If there is no Karma and no afterlife, how does it not affect your morals? It means youhave no retribution outside of concience and getting caught therefor that affects how you act.

If athiesm has no creation story what is evolution?
"

None of this is inherint to athiesm. You are making broad wide sweeping assumptions about athiesm based on your personal opinion, and just to make it absolutely clear, are an idiot.

If we must continue this I agree it should be put in another thread.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 08:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
"If there is no Karma and no afterlife, how does it not affect your morals? It means youhave no retribution outside of concience and getting caught therefor that affects how you act.

If athiesm has no creation story what is evolution?
"

None of this is inherint to athiesm. You are making broad wide sweeping assumptions about athiesm based on your personal opinion, and just to make it absolutely clear, are an idiot.

If we must continue this I agree it should be put in another thread.
I guess our right. I'm confusing athiesm with humanism or evolution or something. In reality athiesm can be a part of a religion i was thinking of it in and of itself. Athiesm can go with polytheism, monotheism, and the rest of the lot as a part of a religion.

Anyway, back to bear arms.

You know You can make napalm with froaen OJ concentrate and diesel fuel?
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2006, 10:03 PM       
Don't forget about the part where you confused nihilism with Nietzsche...

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2006, 12:52 AM       
"If there is no Karma and no afterlife"

The word karma means action and has to do with how the actions of you and others in your lifetime effect your future. The word literally means action, and the philosophical principles connected to it all have to with action. Therefore being a prickish asshole now is likely to effect your morals by making you a prickish asshole in the future, and in life you will encounter the things prickish assholes will likely encounter.
"getting caught therefor that affects how you act. "
Yep that's karma for ya! "Act" lol ;( Hindiusm is pretty literal at core(karma is a sanskirt word).

"if buddhism has a god name one"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_cosmology
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%9Aakra ;(

Buddhism like hinduism often has many Gods are emanations or whatever you may call them them, but buddhism, much like hinduism, considers every god within it to be an aspect of the ULTIMATE EXISTANCE, brahman. They all come from there, and they all return to there. They are just aspects, facets, of the divine. ;/
A pretty common philosophic idea, the above, obviously lesser existences come from greater existeces, and are thus a part of the overall, great existence..

Evolution isn't an atheistic creation story. It's a scientific theory.

I'm done with this topic, so don't worry ;/