Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2010, 01:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
Sodium Fluoride.

Why does it say it's a poison on the back of every tooth paste tube? And why has it been assigned a hazard class of 6.1 (Poison) according to the US Department of transportation hazardous material regulations?
Actually, toothpaste contains Sodium Monofluorophosphate. And while you can't eat it straight, in toothpaste it has been clinically shown to reduce the incidence of tooth decay. By the way, that's why you've been told since you've been old enough to understand that you aren't supposed to eat toothpaste - you brush, rinse and spit. Same with fluoride rinses (ACT, Phos-flur, etc).

Sodium fluoride is used in fluoridation of water, and is present in such low doses so the beneficial effects (reduction of tooth decay) far outweigh any potential health effects (fluorosis, digestive issues).

As far as ingesting a "poison", well you'll most likely suffer some severe digestive consequences if you eat straight capsaicin, but that doesn't stop people from eating habaņero peppers.
You may already be there.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:01 PM       
Quote:
I don't think I'm smart and I just don't react to the mocking. Why react when you can just continue the conversation?
Because, this isn't I-Continuetheconversationery.com
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM       
Quote:
I didn't say the government puts it in. Even though they do put it in some municipal water supplies. You made it sound like it was a giant conspiracy when its all out in the open.

The Fluoride deception is a good, free Documentary on google video that may shed some light on the subject.
Coolie, don't be a sheep. Don't believe what you see on "google video" and go read a biochemistry book, or even look up the FDA regulations where they incorporate the experimental data on the health benefits of fluoridation by reference.

Seriously it costs money to fluoridate water. Why on earth would we spend money doing something that would cause us harm?

Oh, now I've done it. IT'S A DEATH PANEL CONSPIRACY!!!!!
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
The first thing I say to myself after reading this is if we're not built to process this.......then how can we possibly be built to process synthetics, preservatives, additives, and other genetically modified ingredients?
You shouldn't believe everything you read, nor take it literally. One proof of the fact that human GI tract is build to process sugars are the various glucosidases we have.

We aren't built to process synthetics, preservatives, additives etc., they are built to mimic the ingredients that we can process.
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Sodium fluoride is used in fluoridation of water, and is present in such low doses so the beneficial effects (reduction of tooth decay) far outweigh any potential health effects (fluorosis, digestive issues)..
Look closely Zhukov,

Potential health effects? Meaning bone cancer, lowered IQ levels, neurological diseases, and birth defects?

Beneficial effects? Fluorosis isn't a beneficial effect. The fluoride they use is a by product of aluminum smelting plants. It isn't calcium fluoride as in the mineral. It's Sodium fluoride as in the poison.

Sodium fluoride was first used in concentration camps during the second world war to create an atmosphere of docility amongst the inmates. Sodium fluoride has also been used in laboratory experiments on rats to observe their behavior. All of which were found to be negative effects on the animals.

and.....

Quote:
Kangaroos poisoned by fluoride

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/02/23/2827687.htm
I bet those Kangaroos have bright healthy smiles now. Thank god they got a nice dose of fluoride.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:12 PM       
THE AMOUNT OF SODIUM FLUORIDE IN WATER IS NOWHERE NEAR A HARMFUL DOSE. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I posted this once already. Read it this time.

Plus you completely misunderstood the Flagg post you just quoted

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
THE AMOUNT OF SODIUM FLUORIDE IN WATER IS NOWHERE NEAR A HARMFUL DOSE. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

But it's still considered a poison? I don't understand the disconnect here. Either it's a poison or it isn't. It doesn't matter how low the quantity is, it's still in there and people are still drinking, bathing, cooking, and cleaning their clothes in it.

Why should I brush my teeth with a paste that says "Warning call poison control "on it? And how much of it is getting absorbed into my gums and then into my blood stream? I don't feel comfortable with that at all. Nor am I comfortable with the government medicating their populations with a well know industrial poison.
Fucking Finland
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:23 PM       
You know, most of the medicines people use are poisonous when taken in great amounts, maybe they should not be prescribed at all?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:24 PM       
That's like how when I called Carbon Monoxide a poison and you said how it's not.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:25 PM       
People clean their clothes with bleach too. Are you really this stupid?

after enough bourbon ...
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post

It isn't the first time, nor will it be the last.

Quote:
But it's still considered a poison? I don't understand the disconnect here. Either it's a poison or it isn't. It doesn't matter how low the quantity is, it's still in there and people are still drinking, bathing, cooking, and cleaning their clothes in it.

Why should I brush my teeth with a paste that says "Warning call poison control "on it? And how much of it is getting absorbed into my gums and then into my blood stream? I don't feel comfortable with that at all. Nor am I comfortable with the government medicating their populations with a well know industrial poison.
Munching on a bar of potassium would probably be fatal, and injecting potassium solution into the bloodstream can kill you, but neither of these facts take away from the fact that your body NEEDS potassium to function properly.

Again, buy a biochemistry textbook. Read it. Understand it. And don't believe every darned blog and video you come across on the internet.
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM       
I think I may have just come up with a solution. Stop eating and drinking. That will prevent "them" from contaminating my bodily fluids.
after enough bourbon ...
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
That's like how when I called Carbon Monoxide a poison and you said how it's not.
When was this? And how did I miss this?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:37 PM       
It was in the Climate debate threads. I am tipsy, though.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:43 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNkeri View Post
You know, most of the medicines people use are poisonous when taken in great amounts, maybe they should not be prescribed at all?
People don't take medicine in great amounts and most designer drugs today can be swapped with organic suppliments instead.

Vioxx anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Munching on a bar of potassium would probably be fatal, and injecting potassium solution into the bloodstream can kill you, but neither of these facts take away from the fact that your body NEEDS potassium to function properly.
The human body doesn't need Sodium fluoride to function properly. It's actually the opposite, it doesn't function properly WITH sodium fluoride because its a poison and affects the nervous system, skeletal structure, and numerous other organs systems.

just type in MSDS sodium fluoride.

Quote:
Again, buy a biochemistry textbook. Read it. Understand it. And don't believe every darned blog and video you come across on the internet.
I can't disprove the fluoride deception documentary. Free on google video.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:45 PM       
In fact I meant Dioxide. DON'T JUDGE ME!
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:46 PM       
The air you breathe has more poison in it than your goddamn sodium fluoride toothpaste you mongoloid

Fucking Finland
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:47 PM       
Quote:
People don't take medicine in great amounts and most designer drugs today can be swapped with organic suppliments instead.
People don't use tooth paste in great amounts, nor drink water in great amounts
Fucking Finland
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:49 PM       
I can't disprove common sense
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 02:51 PM       
Quote:
People don't use tooth paste in great amounts, nor drink water in great amounts
But prescription medication is prescribed in specific amounts for a specific amount of time.

You cannot measure the intake of Sodium fluoride because you constantly coming in contact with it. Every day you get up brush your teeth, Sodium fluoride gets absorbed in your gums and soft tissue, you may swallow some of it as well, then you drink some water with sodium fluoride in it, then you make food with sodium fluoride water.

How much sodium fluoride does a person ingest throughout the day? and is it safe?
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:54 PM       
Quote:
Spoilers!

Quote:
Spoilers!
Fucking Finland
Old May 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM       
Prescription free drugs can be lethal in great amounts.

Vitamins are lethal in great amounts

The list goes on

Last edited by RaNkeri : May 5th, 2010 at 03:46 PM.
Banned

Old May 5th, 2010, 03:06 PM       
Quote:
Prescription free drugs can be lethal in great amounts.

Vitamins are lethal in great amounts

The list goes on
Yes, but,

Sodium Fluoride is not a drug nor is it a vitamin. It's a poison and has no medicinal value.
Fucking Finland
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:09 PM       
Sodium fluoride has medical value

it is not poisonous if not taken in great amounts
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM       
Osteoporosis for one.