Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 01:50 PM        Hey Parents
I know there's a lot of books, videos, and articles on the subject but I like getting information directly from the source. And practical people. How did you go about potty training your kids?

I took one person's advice and bought a dull looking pottybecause I was told the ones with music are distracting and they end up playing with it instead.

My daughter is a year and a half old but she excelling for a kid her age so I wanted to start showing her how to use the toilet. She already pretends to use it then wipe so...dunno what to do from there...
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 01:56 PM       
Just let her free range.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 04:18 PM       
We do one of those potty seats that fits down into a regular toilet seat. Right now she's thinking toilets are for sitting on and demanding books.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 14th, 2011, 04:38 PM       
My family breed like rabbits and when I lived closer to them and babysat regularly, we used poster charts and their reward for using the potty (correctly) was a sticker of their choice on the poster next to their name.
After they accumulated so many stickers (say 30 stickers) they'd get an ice cream cone or some kind of tangible prize.
When you stop bribing them to learn to use the potty, you bribe them to learn something else useful. Tying shoes, reading, ABCs, fetching slippers, etc.
Evil Robot
Evil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty okEvil Robot II is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 12:00 AM       
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 12:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
we used poster charts and their reward for using the potty (correctly) was a sticker of their choice on the poster next to their name.
We tried this with our 3rd child, with very limited success. Then, we decided to take a leap of faith, put him in underwear and told him he was a big boy now, and couldn't just go in his pants anymore.

It worked.
You may already be there.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 12:16 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
we used poster charts and their reward for using the potty (correctly) was a sticker of their choice on the poster next to their name.
After they accumulated so many stickers (say 30 stickers) they'd get an ice cream cone or some kind of tangible prize.
When you stop bribing them to learn to use the potty, you bribe them to learn something else useful. Tying shoes, reading, ABCs, fetching slippers, etc.
Im batting 2 for 2 with this method.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 03:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Robot II View Post
THAT IS DISGUSTING REPORTED FOR NSFW
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 04:55 AM       
1 4M NOT GO1NG TO 3XPL41N 1 WOULD B3 TOO 3MB4RR4SS3D
Salticidae!
b_squared is probably a real personb_squared is probably a real person
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM       
The Flagg method worked for me. Kids don't want to run around wet or dirty. Sometimes the trainer "pull ups" would do their job too well and they would not use the bathroom because they did not feel wet.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 15th, 2011, 07:21 PM       
Well Shit
creeposaurus is probably a spambot
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:36 PM       
I'm going to do a combination of Flagg's and Tadao's method. Thanks guys, really helpful suggestions, I'm always lost when it comes to shit like this