Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 04:55 PM        Recruiting Upright Citizens
THIS IS NOT A CALL TO RECRUIT MODERATORS. READ THIS POST. THANKS. OKAY.

Okay, I've just set up an infrastructure of infractions. Here's how it works.

Administrators, Super Moderators, Moderators, and Upright Citizens can issue infractions. The first three groups can issue infractions of any level, and Upright Citizens can only issue pre-defined infractions.

Pre-defined infractions:
  • Notification infractions (0 points each, lasts 1 day on member's record):
    Notification
  • Minor infractions (1 point each, lasts 14 days on member's record):
    Hounding Other Members
    Use of internet memes
    Hijacking threads
    Bumping old topics
    Worthless or excessive topics/replies
    Annoying text formatting
    Malicious sexist/racist/homophobic/etc. remarks
  • Major infractions (10 points each, lasts 1 month on member's record):
    Spammed Advertisements
    Posting Not-Safe-For-Work Material
    Flooding/Griefing

After a user has accumulated 10 points, they are automatically banned for 1 day.
After a user has accumulated 20 points, they are automatically banned for 1 week.
After a user has accumulated 30 points, they are automatically banned for 1 month.

Any moderation above that should really be handled by an admin.

You can attach a PM to each infraction to give the person a message with the infraction. You should always do this with the 0 points infraction.

Additionally, all reported posts and infractions are catalogued in a new forum at the bottom of the list visible to members of these groups. This forum is called "Crime Lab". These people can also make posts in this forum if they want.

-------------------------------

So, in this thread, let me know what you think about this system and whether or not you want to be an Upright Citizen. I think general qualifications should be at least 1 year of membership and never having been banned before (unless they can explain why this shouldn't matter).

Also, I have no idea if the board tells everyone if they've been given an infraction for a post. If it does, I'll lower the bannable scores.

In this thread, either volunteer yourself or nominate people who you think should be members of this new group.

Last edited by Chojin : Mar 18th, 2008 at 07:09 PM.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:01 PM       
Won't some of these rules ruin some of the fun?

Not to mention if some triggerhappy person is given the rights to share these "points" - that'd be a real bitch
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM       
Which of these things is fun when it happens?

And that's why we're being SELECTIVE.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:03 PM       
I'd assume some sort of screening process would be issued.

Also, Chojin, I'm about 80% sure nobody else can see your infractions.
Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM       
Most of those rules are ok for me, but I'd like to hear more accurate definition for "Worthless or excessive replies".

Especially on the excessive ones, because isn't that what sarcasm consists of?

Or are we going to count single smiley replies as worthless?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:07 PM       
I also think we're going in the complete wrong direction for forum improvement. I'm not really sure what the RIGHT direction would be, but this doesn't feel like it.

Just an opinion.
was never good
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:12 PM       
Rankeri, this would be true if this board was being run by robots, but there is discretion involved. That's why we wouldn't want anyone who's been here less than a year.

The overriding concept here is to give the old members a way to kindly keep the new members in line and to reward them for their years of military service.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:17 PM       
I volunteer!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:20 PM       
I volunteer also

I expect this won't meet with whining and accusations of homosexuality at all, don't let me down
was never good
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:22 PM       
I think i'm also going to require most admins and mods to weigh in on applicants.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM       
I'll volunteer.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:39 PM       
SAM IS HERE to volunteer
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:42 PM       
I volunteer. My ban shouldn't matter because YOU banned me for "hounding" fucking GW. Let some other mod weigh in on that.

That was very funny. Well done.
was never good
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:43 PM       
My favorite thing about this system is that it is going to be WAY easier to ban someone for a day.

hint hint

this post was not meant to go after zomboid's ;<

Your banning was far and away not my decision alone.
but yes, I will include your volunteering on the list of TBDs with Guitar Woman.
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:43 PM       
Nothing man. I just kind of like the status quo I suppose

Call me crazy, but I think if certain posters get SPECIAL POWERS the board will be no bueno

I know there will be checks n balances n shit but this ain't the government or is it o_O
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:46 PM       
Seems agreeable, as long as the upright citizens in power don't abuse their authority. But I assume you already have a checks and balances system in mind for that.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:47 PM       
To be totally serious here - I like the way this is set up chojin, but I don't like the idea of you being the only one picking these people. You're not a total ogre, but you're definitely biased and essentially deputizing a bunch of your little minions isn't the greatest of ideas, seeing as how they all act the same way.

Get a balance. I don't care if I'm not able to give people dreaded infractions, but I don't like the idea of someone like gw being able to do it when people like mattjack and myself can't because it's pretty obvious we'll be targets of your nintenrage.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM       
I know I'm somewhat in trouble and I am looking forward to this challenge.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:48 PM       
Quote:
I think i'm also going to require most admins and mods to weigh in on applicants.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
___
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM       
Let's say for the sake of discussion that once January 2009 comes I want to be one of the upright citizens, would i be able to apply then, or is it a one time thing only? (that is if it is a successful and permanent thing I mean)
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM       
i'll volunteer 8]
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:56 PM       
Well, we've got a few volunteers already. I'll weigh in on the list so far:

Emu: Yeah, you seem pretty even handed. You could do it.
GW: You're too controversial a choice. Plus, you aren't even allowed to edit your own posts.
GDD: Sure, you've been here a while as Sniperwulf. You could work.
Sam: Maybe, as long as you don't create any more wacky characters.
Liquid: You can be in charge of the loli bukkake board when we get one.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
GW: You're too controversial a choice. Plus, you aren't even allowed to edit your own posts.
Yeah, I thought about both of these, but how am I ever going to WIN BACK TRUST if I can't do anything

I could be like the upright intern
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2008, 05:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJack View Post

Call me crazy, but I think if certain posters get SPECIAL POWERS the board will be no bueno
I read you loud and clear there, man, but I think the staff would have the common sense to deny power to these "certain" people, knowing that it would probably cause a lot of good posters to leave.