Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 03:06 PM        Lovecraft Silent Movie
Home Page

So, anybody seen this? I know there are other Lovecraft fags lurking around here, this is the internet after all. Supposedly, it's very faithful to the story and the silent films in general, so we'll see how this goes.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM       
i'm confused, is it a movie or is it music :/
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 03:32 PM       
It's a silent movie that the Lovecraft Historical Society made (They're the geeks who did that "Shoggoth On My Rooftop" Broadway thing). They've got this on netflix, so I'ma gonna see how this turns out.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM       
i was just asking cause this is the music forum
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 07:13 PM       
I saw it and didn't really care for it. I'm not into that silent movie and cheesy acting stuff though. I prefer Dagon :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 10:05 PM       
I liked the silent one. I thought it was done fairly well.
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 03:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
i was just asking cause this is the music forum
Whoops. Well, it has music in it.

So, how was this whole thing done? As in, how much of a budget did it obviously have?
possible jerk

Magreaux is probably a spambot
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM       
I believe most of the budget went into the cameras because the picture quality is crisp and filmic (though more modern filmic, not at all like 20's film), which works for the most part since there's a lot of dialogue-heavy buildup between various characters, must like the story. Towards the end, when the "action" kicks in, the few special effects they used are very gaudy and it seems like nobody made an effort to make them appear anything but gaudy (horrible green-screen, a decent stop-motion animated monster that blatantly becomes a piece of static foam rubber when something has to interact with it in real time, etc). For a while it evokes the 20's style of atmospheric horror but it turns into a 60's style giant monster movie that just happens to be silent. It's like the creators couldn't decide whether to play it straight or play it for camp. Get a used copy if you can, or just rent it.

The music's not memorable but it gets the job done well enough.