Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:39 AM        Pelican & friends @ Headliner's, Louisville, 3-16-08
First up on the card was Unearthly Trance, who were going to slay tonight!!!

Oh, wait. No they didn't. They cancelled. FUCK.

So at 8:45 (Really 8:54), Your Black Star played. They played about 7 songs over 40 minutes, real energetic and lively, and they interacted humorously with the crowd "C'mon you guys, put your hands together! It ain't gonna hurt ya!". I don't know why but I enjoyed them, so good for me.

I should mention I've never seen a crowd this dead in a long time. It was real scattered the whole night.

Then at about 10, Black Cobra got on stage. About 13 songs of vicious instrumentation and vulture wailing over a good 45 minutes. I gotta say the drummer was awesome. He seemed like he was in a trance.

I also got a nice, good laugh at some kid holding his ears during some of the songs.

Then around 11, Pelican was getting up to play and the whole crowd (A scant 100 or so) all filed real neatly to the right side of the stage. I just yelled "Free Bird!" and left. I don't even like Pelican so I can't imagine even staying for them a second time.

The last time I saw Pelican was at Headliner's with mono, and the place was packed to the brim, the place was full of life. This time it was about half of that, and middle-class indie kids.

All-in-all, it was ok, but I've enjoyed concerts a whole lot more than this. Concerts aren't supposed to bore me to tears, last time I checked.

j/k fuck them
autistic licence
sloth is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 06:06 PM       
yeah at the risk of sounding like an enormous homo I REALLY liked the s/t and Australasia was OK but after that the drummer was totally out of his depth.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM       
So, I've never heard of Pelican before this thread and then I noticed that I'm going to see them in May. They're opening for Thriceso I'll let you know how they were.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 03:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by sloth View Post
yeah at the risk of sounding like an enormous homo I REALLY liked the s/t and Australasia was OK but after that the drummer was totally out of his depth.
I dunno about the music (Hell, it might be fantastic for all I know. I did like the songs on the split with mono) but I do know their live shows are pretentious and retarded.

j/k fuck them
Mongoloid
Cedar is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2008, 12:41 AM       
if you guys like Pelican and that sort of stuff you should check out Envy
http://www.myspace.com/officialenvy