Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 11:40 PM       
and tbh not being able to see sigs is probably good for anti-spambot action(they can't harvest new places to spam from links that way), but it should be consistent so it works the same for logged out people as it does for <5 posts people if possible
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 03:48 AM       
Ok, how about now? Can the <5 posts account see signatures? I want them to be able to view sigs, just not have their own until they've proven that they're not spam bots.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:12 AM       
nope, sigs still don't show up when i'm logged in to the other one, and he's still got signature (and can edit said signature)
OH GOD
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 04:14 AM       
also, a spambot just registered and made five posts so that it could post spam.

this may not be so great
OH GOD
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 01:27 PM       
and another just showed up with signature spam
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 01:50 PM       
Is the plugin able to block certain strings of characters, or is that too sophisticated? The spam I've seen still have urls without links, so maybe blocking "http://" or ".com" or ".html" etc. as well?

Probably not though

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 01:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
nope, sigs still don't show up when i'm logged in to the other one, and he's still got signature (and can edit said signature)
Sigs are showing up when I'm logged out, so that's fine by me. I think you can enter in a signature if you have <5 posts, but it won't show up for anybody else to see until you have at least 5. I could be wrong though... again, the documentation for this plugin is shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Is the plugin able to block certain strings of characters, or is that too sophisticated? The spam I've seen still have urls without links, so maybe blocking "http://" or ".com" or ".html" etc. as well?

Probably not though
Nope. There's nothing like that for it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 2nd, 2011, 07:20 AM       
can't you just make a report as spam option that automatically moves it to a spam thread.

just make it so only people who are like members/vets are able to do it and they can't do it to eachother.

report as spambot would be nice too cause i see spammers all the time and wish i could ban the fuck out of them ;(

theres probably 8 on right now
OH GOD
Old Oct 3rd, 2011, 11:48 AM       
well, though its not stopping ALL of them, the flood of bots seems to have died down to a trickle so i guess hoorays are in order
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 4th, 2011, 08:13 PM       
there's seven bots on right now

n/m there's eight.
BANNED

Old Oct 8th, 2011, 12:04 AM       
so there's probably like eleven bots on right now guys

kahljorn, johnvdsmjr, Emu, ThrashO, carolilsv, andri2bj1ca, k0k0, jannirmiwb7, lisaviti5sp, Sacks, Phoenix Gamma, victobhhw, Colonel Flagg, mew barios, HowardC, tammypbfonm, bonnija3tup, Grislygus, garypymz6l, retrewss3, michaor9e, tabeadmo06, keyalw8v8, Kitsa
OH GOD
Old Oct 8th, 2011, 07:19 AM       
i think bots still show up when they're banned? maybe

idk
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:09 AM       
A lot of them registered, but never posted. Maybe they're just waiting for the right moment.

OH GOD
Old Oct 11th, 2011, 12:56 AM       
we still get about the same amount every day now; some of them are just sort of 'neutered' and post non-linking garbage, and some seem to have adapted to putting spam-signatures in instead
OH GOD
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:50 AM       
uh also i just killed one that only had three posts but still managed to spam links, so did that get turned off or have they bypassed it somehow?
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 02:43 PM       
I've noticed quite a few spambots posting links lately. I never turned off that mod, so I guess they've found some way to bypass it. :/
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2011, 09:38 PM       
I believe vBulletin also has a feature where you can implement a question for people to answer before they register. I've seen them be easy math questions like "5+18-3" or something

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 10:32 AM       
Yeah, I laughed for about 3 minutes on that one this morning.
BANNED

Old Oct 17th, 2011, 06:34 PM       
AND PRAM MAVEN IS LOGGED IN RIGHT NOW BECAUSE HE WAS MENTIONED
Prepare for time warp.
ThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's armyThrashO has joined BAPE's army
Old Oct 17th, 2011, 07:32 PM       
STUD_BEANER_69 IS 29 TODAY HAPPY BIRTDAY
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Oct 18th, 2011, 11:15 PM       
One spambot: well X-Men is really awesome movie i guess

Another spambot: The two main characters in X-man back to their youth, it's a nice story! Even though there are still have some bugs in this movie, but still a classical movie!

Apparently spammers love the xmen. I didn't see Xmen the first class, mainly because of all these bugs I'm hearing about. I'll just wait til version 2.0

and another spammer: That's might be a little funny i put on sport site.Sport is a excited activity.

It sure is spammerbots. It sure is.
OH GOD
Old Oct 23rd, 2011, 09:24 AM       
so i just deleted one that made seventeen posts

hate you china