Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 09:43 AM        Masterpiece Optimus Prime
I'm thinking about getting this.

It's been something that I've wanted since before I saw it. Before I knew it existed I knew in my heart that I wanted and needed this. It's taken a while, but I think I've come around to the idea of buying it rather than it appearing from heaven like it should.

I've only just started looking, but the best price I can see seems to be around the $US199 mark. I guess I'm asking if anyone has seen it cheaper, or if anyone knows of a good toy dealing website to deal with that has Paypal. Not because I am not willing to pay the price, but because in taking advice it will make it harder for me to back down and NOT buy this.

I've had a bad Christmas and a bad last few months, so I deserve an expensive toy. Forget the fact that I pretty much buy myself an expensive toy every time I feel like it.

Is this on anyone else's wish list? I'm aiming for the Mp-04 edition with trailer, since that SEEMS the best one.

the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Jan 3rd, 2010, 11:34 PM       
I have three different editions of the toy pre-trailer release. It's a solid toy and very nice. He has several cool accessories and if you poke around, you can find great add on sets (official and non official), and yeah he has articulated fingers.
So far the cheapest I've seen the trailer edition is 189.00 at tfsource.com, however if you want to skip the trailer, you can still find him around 99.00-139.00 in various release editions. There is two U.S.A editions, and various Japanese versions (black colors, Ultra Magnus white cab version, etc.).

Or if you'd like to save some money one a smaller toy that's got the accessories out the ass, maybe you'd like Hybrid Convoy? http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...89&mode=retail
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 06:37 AM       
Thanks Robo Rob. I've definitely got my heart set on the masterpiece version, although thinking about it more I don't know whether I really want the trailer or not. I mean, I would, but it's a big jump in price.

Anyway, cheers. Sounds lame, but which parts are plastic, and which are metal?
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 09:48 AM       
The bulk of it is metal, and he's quite heavy. Stuff like elbows, hands, and head are plastic. The trailer doesn't come with Roller, however iGear has a Roller available if you want to make it as complete as possible.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Jan 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM       
I want the Masterpiece Nemesis Prime
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 10:15 AM       
Is that the same as the original run toy? Because when my older brother got it it cost something like 90 dollars new.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM       
Nah, the Masterpeice toy originally came out in 2004. You can, however, get a re-issue of the original Prime pretty easily though for about 80$.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 06:15 PM       
The Masterpiece edition is absolutely awesome... we used it in this old article actually:
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/new-optimus/

I'm reallllly hoping they put out a Soundwave one sometime.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 07:32 PM       
They have music label Soundwave that's really good, I'd like an MP version too. Just I don't exactly see it anytime soon. Grimlock just came out and generally there's around 2-3 years between new MP toy molds.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 10:22 PM       
You mean the Soundwave mp3 player? Yeah I have that one and it's pretty cool... but nothing would beat a Masterpiece version of him. I don't mind waiting, I'd just like to know that they're going to do it for sure.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 5th, 2010, 11:09 PM       
It's possible, I'd like to see one myself. But yeah, it might be a while if they ever do one.
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 12:46 AM       
I forgot about that i-mockery article, hahaha.

Anyway, still intent to get this, although $US200 plus another $100 for shipping might take a wee while of not spending any money to justify.

Another problem is the fact that I was always a bigger Starscream fan, and I can get the three masterpiece seekers for cheaper...
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 10:36 AM       
Try http://www.tfsource.com/category/vie.../29/page_id/1/

If anything, you can always buy the trailer separate later on.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 6th, 2010, 12:31 PM       
never been a huge fan of transformers but the level of datail is certainly outstanding if i had the money i would probably buy it in other related toy news i found the 66 hotwheels batmobile in the womens department at wal mart :P

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 08:47 AM       
Managed to find the trailer version for $220 plus shipping, and that's the best that I could come up with; most places had at least another $80 on top of that. This is in Straylian dollars, btw. It's on it's way from Hong Kong... hope I don't get fucked over with a fake

Starscream, Thundercraker and Skywarp are next.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 01:33 PM       
You can still luck up on Skywarp for $60 at Walmarts (you can order online from Walmart.com), the USA version has a slightly more show accurate deco.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:17 PM       
I've seen all three around for not too dear a price, we don't get walmart here and their shipping is too much. Still, not as hard as Optimus to find/ship.

Do you have a reasonable collection rob?
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:26 PM       
Just remember when your looking that there is two versions of MP Starscream. The Takara version is grey like a real jet, while the Hasbro version is colored traditionally. Takara released a U.S edition that is basically the Hasbro version with a sticker on the box. There's also a ghost version of SS in the works. All the jets come with a tiny Dr. Archevil that can sit in the jets cockpit (level of paint varies per release) for extra fun.

My local paper reffered to me as an uber Transformers collector, so I guess I have a reasonable collection Check out the link in my sig for more TF stuff I'm involved in.
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:34 PM       
Yeah, I prefer the US version because that's what I grew up with. Not to say that I wouldn't want the Japanese colours though.

The link in your sig.... of course. It's strange how you never see that unless it's pointed out.

When I was a kid we didn't have much, but I DID cherish my G1 Optimus that I got for christmas on release. It broke, fell apart, went missing... who knows where it is now, but I always envied kids that had a huge amount of transformers. I want to collect enough of them now to capture that lost youth, obviously I have to buy the expensive ones or it wont work.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 11:54 PM       
Yeah, the Japanese version is nice.

Yeah, I try for it not to be too intrusive here.

They have reissues of the G1 guys that are relatively cheap (depending on character) as well as homage lines like Classics (Henkei in Japan) that are modern updates of the classic guys that are much more affordable. The Masterpiece guys are expensive, but there is less wallet killing options to grabbing some of those older guys.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 03:44 AM       
Just remember, no Optimus toy will ever top the Optimus Pepsi Convoy:

http://www.i-mockery.com/blabber/200...-head-explode/
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 04:21 AM       
If it could somehow be made to fetch me a pepsi when I needed (uh wanted?) one, then this would be the definitive version of Prime.

I love how he's drinking some on the box. Because robots require sustenance in the form of fizzy drinks.
the axe and the smasher
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 12:47 PM       
I've got the American and Japanese version of Pepsi Prime, which the Japanese version is great because it's actually not Prime in fiction. It's basically a new Pepsi-man made by a collaboration between Pepsi, NASA, and The Autobots.

On the box is this piece of awesome.

Aside from the Decepticon pizza, there's a little tuperware container where Pepsi Convoy's mom left him a note.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 01:28 PM       
Yep. Here's a better pic of it from my original blog post about it though so you guys can actually see everything in the fridge ad: