Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM        Super Bowl XLV thread
Starting it now because I doubt I will get to post much during the game itself

Discuss it all. Favorite commercials? Who to you think will win? Who do you want to win? Do you think the lack of cheerleaders is as big a deal as the media has made it out to be?

I expect the Packers to win this one. They are too much like a few other teams that were not as "Stacked on paper" as their opponents. The Patriots of Super Bowl XXXVI, the Broncos of Super Bowl XXXII, and the Giants of Super Bowl XXV were all not as good on paper as their opponents, and like Green Bay of this year they all had momentum going in. That makes a difference, so despite the fact that the Steelers are more experienced, more stacked on paper, and even despite a QB that does win postseason games on a regular basis, I think Aaron Rodgers and his receiving core willl ride the momentum to victory. Also I hate the Steelers so I want this to happen as well

I have to wonder why the media is making such a huge deal about there being no cheerleaders. In the past I could count on one the total number of times I even saw cheerleaders during the Super Bowls I watched throughout the years. I also heard a pretty good point about this; with having to cram the game itself, and then the billions of dollars in commercials, and the God Awful halftime show that I will not bother watching into the broadcast, I don't think there's really room for any cheerleaders.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 03:36 PM       
Steelers gonna WIIIIIIN, BITCHES, tom brady was the only potentially insurmountable threat to us.

Also, I'm pretty sure no REAL people actually give two tin shits shit about the cheerleader thing
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 05:01 PM       
Honestly. Regular media is bad enough, but the people who waste their lives by becoming sports analysts are fucking tragic. Let's say, for instance, that Peyton Manning was spotted crossing his legs like a girl while on the sidelines.

"ALRIGHT, WELCOME BACK TO AROUND THE HORN. PEYTON MANNING: CROSSING HIS LEGS LIKE A GIRL. WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS? JIM!"

"ha ha ha. I tell ya, Peyton is THE MAN. ha ha. I mean, get this, the guy is one of the greatest quarterbacks of our generation- and here he is, right? Sitting like a girl. I tell ya, Peyton Manning? This guy? If ANYBODY can sit like a girl and get away with it, it's THIS GUY. ha ha ha."

"HA HA. THREE POINTS. NEXT?"

"I couldn't disagree more. This man is a professional, and he should act like it. He's disgracing himself, his family, his team, his profession as a whole, and our entire country."

"OUCH. FIVE POINTS FOR BRINGING UP PROFESSIONALISM AND AMERICA. NEXT, BREES SAYS HIS FAVORITE COLOR... IS GREEN. COMMENTS!"

"Green?! Motherfucking bastard. I hope he gets pancreatic cancer."
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 07:27 PM       
Nice job, Pittsburgh. I know that your strategy may be to let the opposite team get 28 points or so by the half, then somehow come back out of sheer luck, but let's change it for this game, prz.
Ancient Mariner
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 08:24 PM       
i will wait to see if we actually win before responding
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 09:29 PM       
Aguilera forgot the words, Slash is getting old, and a commercial about Detroit

Oh yeah, and there's football going on too

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 10:14 PM       

Problem, Pittsburgh?
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 6th, 2011, 10:55 PM       
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 12:53 AM       
Aaron Rodgers has won his first ring, and I don't think it will be his last.

Why the announcers were acting surprised when he ran his offense through the air I cannot figure out. Did they even look at what the Steelers did to the Jets ground and pound attack? Polamalu is a beast in the secondary, but he is only one man and Aaron Rodgers has several good to great receivers to throw to. With those weapons, and with what the Steelers showed they do to running offenses, running is not the main course, or even the side dish. It is a seasoning at best in a pass du jour offense.

The Steelers on the other hand were acting the fools on offense. If my opponent has three members of their secondary injured, I am going to pepper their secondary with slant patterns all night. Not hand the ball to Mendenhall 3 out of every 5 plays. Granted every time Rothlisberger put it in the air it seemed to get caught by the GB secondary, so maybe there was a trust issue there. (As a side note my GF commented the two teams had the same color pants which was visually confusing to her. Maybe Rothlisberger had the same issue. I'm not sure if that means Rothlisberger has the same visual confusion as my GF or that I should be fucking Ben Rothlisberger)
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 01:10 AM       
He gets paid millions. He better have been able to distinguish between yellows.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 10:49 AM       
And another thing:

It's no secret that I detest the Steelers. That being said, I am sick of seeing people call Rothlisberger overrated. He's 12-3 in postseason, has 2 rings, he wins games. If he is so overrated name me 3 other QBs playing with better postseason stats. I would like nothing better than if Rothlisberger were indeed overrated, but he isn't. Even this game, with his interceptions, he was able to get his team down field in a hurry and make a close match of it.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 01:08 PM       
I think you must have wax in your ears, Pentegarn. He isn't "overrated", he's a "horrid rapist". Glad to have cleared that up for you.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 09:12 AM       
He's the shittsburgh rapist.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 10:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Aguilera forgot the words, Slash is getting old, and a commercial about Detroit

Oh yeah, and there's football going on too

And Axl did that 'sexy thing' better than Fergie. And I don't think it really was Slash - it looked more like Michael Jackson in Thriller.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Feb 10th, 2011, 09:10 AM       
Also I am surprised nobody here brought this up

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/115695049.html

Long story short 400 peeps who all bought 900 dollar tickets (and these were for some of the worst seats in sections that had to be added post construction of the stadium) to the Super Bowl were all told when they arrived at the game that their seats were not available because the sections in question were not ready in time.

The NFL is now trying to make amends with 2 options

1) One free ticket to next year's Super Bowl plus a cash payment of $2,400

2) One free ticket to a future Super Bowl game of the fan's choice, including next year's if desired. That option includes round-trip airfare and hotel provided by the NFL

So I am past being mad at the NFL for their boneheaded mistake, because both of these deals are not horrible (provided of course one actually paid face value and not inflated scalper value). My question now is, which would you all pick if it were you that were one of these 400 unfortunates?

If it were me I thought at first next year and the cash option, but then I decided the second option would be better because you can pick a Super Bowl somewhere warm in the winter like Cali or Florida. Much better for a winter trip than next year in Indy
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Feb 11th, 2011, 10:43 AM       
Yeah, she forgot the words, but what'sworse is that she sucks.
You may already be there.