Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 10:46 PM       
"That's bullshit. The title you gave this thread was "The official KERRY IS TOAST thread". This wasn't a question of the media to you, it was a question of Kerry's character and electability."

Ohhhh! How dare I question a presidential candidate's character and electability!!! Of course I was.....just as you have been questioning Bush's.

"Now that the whole thing has turned out to be little or nothing, you (much like Matt Drudge) are back-peddling and making excuses."

It hasn't turned out at all because the media refuses to take on this issue.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 11:15 PM       
The media was relentless with Clinton and his sex scandals. There is no liberal bias.

You are a lost cause.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Raygun

I just think the media should be fair and get to the bottom of these accusations.......If this was Bush, it would be the only thing on T.V.
Who the hell would fuck bush?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Feb 16th, 2004, 11:42 PM       
Your sig is the coolest thing evar.
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 08:20 AM       
I had a dream where I was on this radio show with a DJ and a girlfriend and we were AIM'ing Alex Polier. We booted the DJ cos he was being an ass (don't ask why the convo was an IM one), and after we did that, she told us she had an affair with Kerry.
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 03:42 PM       
"The media was relentless with Clinton and his sex scandals. There is no liberal bias.

You are a lost cause."

They had no choice, he was impeached by Congress.

Just compare this to when Bush Sr. was running for president back in 88'. Then you'll see the liberal bias.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:33 PM       
You lost me. If we compare the fact that the press which knew who and for how long Bush senior had been comitting adultery and never refered to it to their coverage of Paula Jones, Jennifer Flowers and Monica Lewinski, we see liberal bias?

Suppose we concider the barely extant coverage of Ginrich's multiple adulteries.

The press follows all sorts of things. Power, favors, laziness, momentum, excitement, smut. But with the exception of publications which are speciffically about their political slant, of which there are more than few on both sides, I see no bias. Just baseness.

In adition, I think The Nation, The Progressive and Mother Jones wear their hearst on their sleeves. Newsmax pretends to be news and Fox says they're fair and balanced. The NYT rolled on their bellies for the adminstration during the Iraq war and haven't even retracted stories where they got used like old tissues by the administration.

I think it takes a budding paranoiac to see a bias in the media as a whole, liberal or conservative. We have a vast blanket of laziness punctuated about once a decade by someone who actually cares about investigative journalism. The only people who worry about a political bias in the press are folks who want to see themselves as victims, of which there are plenty. Do what a historian does. Read widely and where disparate sides agree it's probably a fact. You know, like the way everyone thinks Michael Powell at the FCC is a corrupt sack of crap, from the NRA to the League of Women Voters. Anyone who simply believes what they read is a sheep. Sheep have a tendency to get slaughtered.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:35 PM       
I heard that a study has been conducted which shows that nearly all reporters are socially liberal, but most tend more toward the conservative side when it comes to economics.

And, be honest... does that really suprise you?
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:42 PM       
Good lord, the school bus pulls up outside your house and 'i heard' and 'a study' comes out of you before you've even gone potty and had mom make you a snack.

'I heard' 'a study' that shows you are aone note weiner. But is anyone surprised?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 04:44 PM       
I heard in the news that a study has been conducted which shows that nearly all reporters can store cell phones, microphones, and extra stationary in a gullet just between their head and left shoulder blade.
Mocker
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 05:07 PM       
But you see, I heard about this study on the news.
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 05:48 PM       
I'll do the jokes.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 07:21 PM       
Whoops. There, I fixed it.
Mocker
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 07:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I'll do the jokes.
You should have said I heard it on Fox.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 10:05 AM       
Why should I have said that when I meant you should leave telling jokes to me because I'm good at it and you're bad at it?
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 03:59 PM       
I think democrats as well as the American as a whole are have doubts about John

Kerry.....http://www.rasmussenreports.com/Pres...cking_Poll.htm

It could have something to do with this.......

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004080465,00.html

...or maybe not.

teh_mastar! is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:19 PM       
How 'bout these apples?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in600505.shtml

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4049942
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:30 PM       
Yeah here's the smackdown:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...-18-poll_x.htm

12 point Kerry lead.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 05:42 PM       
Or maybe this is why Kerry seems to be slipping.....

http://washingtontimes.com/national/...8030r.htmKerry seeks to position self as union man

By Stephen Dinan
THE WASHINGTON TIMES

WAUSAU, Wis. — Presidential hopeful Sen. John Kerry, who has been a firm supporter of free-trade agreements during 20 years in Congress, is campaigning as a champion of labor and workers as he prepares to receive the AFL-CIO's endorsement Thursday.
Mr. Kerry, who is expected to handily win Wisconsin's Democratic primary today, began a four-day "dialogue with American workers" yesterday, calling job security, pensions and workers' rights "the central issue of this campaign."
"If your whole plan is just to give wealthy people a tax cut, and not to invest in the kinds of things I just described, we don't have a prayer of changing things," the senator from Massachusetts said after touring a technical college in Wausau.
Polls show Mr. Kerry is headed for a strong showing today. A Zogby/MSNBC/Reuters poll showed him with 47 percent support among likely Wisconsin voters, followed by former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean at 23 percent and Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina at 20 percent.
Both Mr. Dean and Mr. Edwards have said they will continue their campaigns even if they don't win here, but Mr. Dean's campaign continues to suffer.
Mr. Dean yesterday told reporters that Steve Grossman is no longer his campaign chairman. Mr. Grossman, a former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, told several news outlets over the weekend that he was going to throw his support behind Mr. Kerry if Mr. Dean didn't win in Wisconsin.
In his own appearance in Wausau, Mr. Dean was asked why his campaign seemed lackluster.
"What happened to the tone?" one man asked during a question-and-answer period. "You're almost overmoderated. You don't wear that ugly gray suit anymore."
Mr. Dean's answer focused on the future.
"We're going to change this country one way or the other. If I win the presidency, it'll be a lot quicker," he said.
He also returned to his campaign roots, attacking the Democratic Party itself, though his attack was harsher, including comments such as "the Democratic Party needed a spine transplant."
Mr. Kerry continued to ignore his Democratic rivals, never referring to them in his hourlong town hall meeting.
Instead, he renewed his attack on President Bush, this time blasting him for traveling to Florida over the weekend for NASCAR's Daytona 500 race.
"We don't need a president who just says, 'Gentlemen, start your engines.' We need a president who says, 'America, let's start our economy and put people back to work,' " Mr. Kerry said.
"In the three hours it took to complete that race yesterday, we lost 350 manufacturing jobs. We added $178 million to the deficit of our nation, and 700 people lost their health insurance in the United States," Mr. Kerry said. "This is not a time for photo opportunities."
Mr. Kerry is proposing a review of all U.S. trade agreements in the first months of a Kerry administration, incentives to keep U.S. companies from going overseas, and a major jobs training initiative to help people who can't find work.
Mr. Edwards, who with his South Carolina primary victory has won one of the 16 Democratic contests so far, appears to be the best situated to continue to the Super Tuesday primaries March 2.
He has begun to criticize Mr. Kerry, who captured 14 of the 16 nominating contests, for his past support of the North American Free Trade Agreement.
"I was against NAFTA," Mr. Edwards told supporters in Appleton yesterday. "Governor Dean and Senator Kerry were for it. There are differences."
He also promised to take the primary process "well into March" in order to point out those differences.
During his Senate tenure, Mr. Kerry supported NAFTA, permanent normal trade relations with China, granting the president fast-track trade negotiation authority and creation of the World Trade Organization.
But the Massachusetts Democrat began to sound a different tone earlier in the campaign, and with his campaign saying the AFL-CIO endorsement is looming, Mr. Kerry is making a major push to redefine himself.
In Sunday's debate and again yesterday, he blamed Mr. Bush for the job losses from trade agreements. He reiterated yesterday his opposition to two other free-trade treaties being negotiated — one with Central American nations and one as part of the entire Western Hemisphere.
Mocker
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:00 PM       
Guys... Kerry's lead is not unexpected considering all the campaigning he's done.

Bush is only beginning to tap into the massive funds he's retrieved.

It will all come out in the wash.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:53 PM       
It's funny watching these people getting so excited.

Just look at the voter turnout in these primaries.......it's at about 10%....how impressive!
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:56 PM       
Let me be the first Democrat on the block to say that Kerry is a politician, given to the vices and foibles of politicians.

But seriously, Bush is going to attack him on that? W, the man who's raised the most special interest money in political campaigning history twice in a row? Mr. Enron, Mr Halliburton, Mr outsourceing jobs is good? Sure W's only washington experience is being President, but he's chest deep in people who don't know theirs anyplace outside the beltway.

They're both rich, inbred, skull and bones old boy insiders insiders. All the things I dislike about Kerry are qualities he and Bush have in common.

Anyone who says they think they know how this election is going to play out are full of shit. Anyone who takes todays polls or tomorrows or the next days should recall that polls said democrats were going to vote for Dean. Anyone who thinks W is invulnerable ought to remember his Dadies invulnerability.

And anyone who claims to know what America thinks right now is living in a paralell universe. I think this is going to be the most bizarre bare knuckle election I've lived through. Election day is a long way off. Time for revelations, scandals, dropping shoes, lies, crimes, subpeonas and a heart attack or two.
Pee Wee Herman is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 07:10 PM       
You forgot Ronald Reagan dying and everyone, even the Democrats, praising the Gipper.

"Boy, me and my family sure are quoyed a lot in people's signatures"
-Max Burbank
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 09:19 PM       
"But seriously, Bush is going to attack him on that? W, the man who's raised the most special interest money in political campaigning history twice in a row?" - Max

The Bush team is just trying to highlight that Kerry has acceptedmore special interest money than any other senator in the last 15 years.....which is certainly more than Bush.....because Kerry is campaigning against special interests.....exposing Kerry as a hypocrite.

"They're both rich, inbred, skull and bones old boy insiders insiders. All the things I dislike about Kerry are qualities he and Bush have in common." - Max

Maybe it'sbecause of this....

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4286105/

Bush vs. Kerry? They’re distant cousins
Genealogy buffs claim political rivals are linked

A family tree analysis indicates that President Bush, at left, and his front-running Democratic challenger, John Kerry, are 16th cousins, three times removed. Such links aren't all that unusual, genealogy buffs say.

By Matt Sedensky

The Associated Press

Updated: 1:29 p.m. ET Feb. 17, 2004HONOLULU - Democratic presidential candidates are constantly being compared to the current commander in chief. Now, two genealogy buffs say they have proof President Bush and the current Democratic front-runner share similarities thicker than water.

Bruce and Kristine Harrison, Hawaii-based publishers of historical databases, traced back the family histories of Bush and Democratic Sen. John Kerry.

The result? They're cousins.

Well, 16th cousins, three times removed, to be exact. But cousins, nonetheless.

Truth be told, one might find such distant family ties between Bush and any of the four other major Democratic candidates.

The link between the president and the Rev. Al Sharpton might date back a bit further, Bruce Harrison said, but tracing ancestries helps illuminate a greater message on human interconnectedness.

"I believe everybody on the planet is related if you go back far enough," said Harrison, 51, whose Millisecond Publishing in Kamuela puts out a line of ancestral history CDs. He and his wife have spent the last eight years compiling information from hundreds of genealogical books and periodicals. "We're setting the stage for others to explore their curiosity," he said.

Other big-name ancestors
Harrison says the search through family trees also turned up other big-name ancestors of Kerry and Bush. Playboy founder Hugh Hefner is the president's ninth cousin, twice removed, while Kerry can count Johnny Appleseed as his sixth cousin, six times removed. Both the president and the Massachusetts senator can claim ties to figures ranging from Charlemagne to Walt Disney to Marilyn Monroe, Harrison said.

For an average user of the Family Forest software, it could be more difficult to find such well-known links, but Harrison says he believes everyone can find some ancestral information in the database.

As for the political adversaries' kinship, the only reunion in store seems to be a debate, should Kerry win his party's nomination. A Bush campaign spokeswoman said she had no comment on the issue. A message left with Kerry's spokesman was not returned.

'Just bragging rights'
The Honolulu County Genealogical Society's Mary Ann Bolton said she wasn't too impressed with those who troll family trees looking for star-studded connections.

"I don't really put too much into that," she said. "That's just bragging rights."

Harrison said his motivation in finding the link wasn't political, nor was it purely curiosity. Since publicizing the Bush-Kerry relation, the number of daily visits to his Web site has more than tripled.

© 2004 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
-------------------------------

"Anyone who says they think they know how this election is going to play out are full of shit. Anyone who takes todays polls or tomorrows or the next days should recall that polls said democrats were going to vote for Dean." - Max

I agree.

"Anyone who thinks W is invulnerable ought to remember his Dadies invulnerability."- Max

I don't think Ross Perot is running this time.....

"And anyone who claims to know what America thinks right now is living in a paralell universe. I think this is going to be the most bizarre bare knuckle election I've lived through. Election day is a long way off. Time for revelations, scandals, dropping shoes, lies, crimes, subpeonas and a heart attack or two."- Max

I agree. .....of course we still all have our opinions as to how this thing will turn out.
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 10:21 AM       
"I don't think Ross Perot is running this time..... "

Well, Nader might, but he sure won't draw anywhere near the number of votes he did last time.

Or had you forgotten Nader ran last time and drew away a whole lot of votes kind of sort of exactly the way Perot did? Perhaps not as many, but them margin in Bush V. Gore was way smaller. Way, way, smaller. n fact, Gore had more votes. Whereas Clinton beat Bush by a comfortable, clear, undeniable margin in both the popular vote and the elctoral college.