Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 18th, 2008, 06:59 PM       
is amazing jonathan a magician of sorts i think there is one like him in GTA IV but i don't know

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 18th, 2008, 09:06 PM       
Yeah that's him. I love that guy. Although calling him a magician of sorts is still too much credit towards his magician skills.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:13 AM       
i know but is the thing that sticks when you see him

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2008, 12:18 AM       
first time I saw Amazing Johnathon, it was adult and amazing!
second time was all pc family and shitty.

afraid i'll just have to stick with Penn&Teller, they've never disappointed
"There's been other Tellers!"
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:16 AM       
I watched some show where they went to Amazing Johnathan's house to see how it was. Shit popped out of everywhere.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:44 AM       
Even the tame Amazing J is funny. I don't watch Penn and Teller for their shtick.
!!!

T-Rex is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2008, 03:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Lewis Black and Demitri Martin are the only ones I actively follow.

Oh, and Jimmy Carr. Watching him tear audience members to shreds is hilarious, and his one-liners (which is all he really does) are all awesome. One special I saw was pretty much just 30 minutes of him spitting out random jokes in rapid succession, and the audience loved it.
About four months ago I was walking out of Castle Mall in Cambridge and my friend told me Jimmy Carr and his manager (or agent) were right next to me. I looked and said "Hello Jimmy", and he waved. He was in the city doing a show at Anglia Ruskin University.

Also, Bill Bailey is amazing. Is Tinsel Worm the one with him playing the keyboard? That is just way too good.
Creepy Old Fart
JediScum is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2008, 08:56 PM       
No one has mentioned Steven Wright, yet?

I second Neil Hamburger.

Bob Saget doesn't seem real great, until you see him in the "The Aristocrats".

Oh, yeah, Carol Burnett.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:30 PM       
I think lewis blacks new show is pretty good, although i am convinced that lewis black himself actually sucks.

a few of my favorites that ive seen recently are eugene mirman, aziz ansari, paul f tompkins, hard n phirm, matt besser and of course neil hamburger too
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:40 PM       
Anyone mention Eddie Izzard yet?
Creepy Old Fart
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:46 PM       
I was only mentioning stand up, which i thought was topical. But Izzard as stand up i've never seen. he was ok in "Mystery Men", though.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 19th, 2008, 09:47 PM       
I love his stand up. Look it up on youtube.
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:33 AM       
dammit! Steven Wright is fuckin awesome! i watched that comedy central stand up with him, and the last joke had it's punchline edited.wtf. how will i ever know what a dog with 2 vaginas is called?

Saget's hbo stand up had me rolling, but probally just nostalgia- or intoxication.

eddie Izzard's great in movies, but his stand up is sub-par.

Lewis black's show is half-assed, great idea-poor contenders, but I hate patton oswaldt- little trumped up midget.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:43 AM       
i really enjoy eddie izzard's stuff too :/
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2008, 08:27 AM       
Patton Oswalt, Andy Daly, Paul F tompkims, Greg Geraldo are all really good. Lewis black is obviously less funny than any of these.

I think eddie izzard is pretty good overall, but i just cant get into his standup like everyone else seems to(too british maybe?)
!!!

Old May 20th, 2008, 08:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable View Post
Patton Oswalt, Andy Daly, Paul F tompkims, Greg Geraldo are all really good. Lewis black is obviously less funny than any of these.

I think eddie izzard is pretty good overall, but i just cant get into his standup like everyone else seems to(too british maybe?)
Na, I can't get into his stand up and I'm British. Seriously, listen to Ricky Gervais "FAME". So good.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:03 PM       
I'd like to add Sean Cullen to the list. He does songs and such in his act, and he does it well. Plus, he wrote a surprisingly entertaining children's book.

Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2008, 12:23 PM       
LENNY BRUCE YOU JERKS
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old May 20th, 2008, 02:07 PM       
Any love for Emo Philips?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:48 PM       
Emo Phillips is one of my favorites. Also Gilbert Godfrey.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:11 PM       
Gilbert Godfrey is amazing. Emo Phillips impression of an existential seagull was pretty funny.

I've seen Rowan Atkinson's old stand up. Really good too.
Creepy Old Fart
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:18 PM       
Bobcat Goldthwait

And these guys aren't bad either
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5tZbDvoUc
GET OUT
Asila is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:18 PM       
Rowan Atkinson definitely, though the ones I've seen have more of a sketch comedy feel than a stand-up.
!!!

Old May 21st, 2008, 04:07 AM       
Pablo Francisco, anyone?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 24th, 2008, 02:31 AM       
I like Mitch Headberg