Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 06:09 AM        Drawing in flash! Terrifically tedious!

With nothing to go off of I went on my memory for drawing this, and when I actually found a cartrage to model for me I discovered how disproportional it was. It still looks sexy though, so I kept her, as unrealistic she was.

I was feeling a little ghetto, so I let my imagination float into more poverty-stricken realms of culture. I would put some poor ebonics in all caps here to make it seem like this picture was saying something funny, but I am simply not that hilarious.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 11:16 AM       
Stop it with the yellow flesh shades. Your avatar suffers from this too. The first one is neat and clean like flash art is supposed to be. Good job on that one.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 12:23 PM       
Well, it does look like a chinese hybrid, so it can't be that bad. Reminds me of those collectable homeboys.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 02:13 PM       
Flash art is supposed to be a certain way? I always thought that it was supposed to be nonexistant , only meant for animation, and I was just breaking the rules.

The yellow of the skin, and the monochromatic palette on the game are both results of my colorblindness. I could work around it by just sampling colors from other images, which is precisely why my avatar and this home-boy have the same nationality; it was the closest I have been able to come to acceptable flesh, and I just re-used it. You are right that I should make the color better, but these are cartoons, and I sometimes do them because I thought I didn't have to worry about those kinds of things.

Here is the enlarged cart to show the difficulties I had with the gradients. You made me confident enough in the drawing to show it. This drawing took too long since I was trying to use point-perspective drawing, and the lightsource kept changing.